What Desk Do You Use?

Aleks

I would love to hear what desks you guys use for your setup. I am looking for a flat desk that can support 3 monitors and my 750D...Any ideas? Thanks!

I got an ikea desk I use. Had to modifiy it slightly. Because the desk is hollow and the only reinforced area is where the legs go this became a problem. Because I needed the legs offset for my computer to go under it. So I got a 1"x8" and ran it around the perimeter of the desk. Allowing me to put the legs where I choose and still be solid.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

QQ-PABLO WORKSTATION (3 CTNS)

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I have a fairly basic corner ('L" shaped) desk. It's a little too small for me. It only really fits 2 monitors (one in front and one to the side) and the pull out tray only fits my keyboard (K70).

Ideally I think I'd want a larger "L" or "U" shaped desk with 2-3 monitors on arms in front of me. I'd also like the pull out tray to fit my mouse as well.

Me and my dad bought those build-it-yourself desks from Staples... :D

It's pretty sturdy.

IKEA has everything.

A really old computer desk... doesn't have enough space to hold everything. 

I'll be nabbing a L corner desk soon. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I use a desk we got off of a guy on the side of the road for 20 bucks...

Works well, is crazy heavy...

Not big enough for my set up though, lol... My monitor stands are on the edges of the desk, and my computer is banished to the floor.

I want one of the Ikea desks. I'll find the link to the one I've been eyeballing.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S89807301/

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I would love to hear what desks you guys use for your setup. I am looking for a flat desk that can support 3 monitors and my 750D...Any ideas? Thanks!

Go with the Ikea Galant with table extensions, i've had mine for a few months and it works perfect :D http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49850886/

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I use a desk we got off of a guy on the side of the road for 20 bucks...

Works well, is crazy heavy...

Not big enough for my set up though, lol... My monitor stands are on the edges of the desk, and my computer is banished to the floor.

I want one of the Ikea desks. I'll find the link to the one I've been eyeballing.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S89807301/

That one is really expensive, this one is priced better if you dont need those rounded extensions. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49850886/ I've had it for months and its by far one of the best computer desks out there. :) 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

That one is really expensive, this one is priced better if you dont need those rounded extensions. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49850886/ I've had it for months and its by far one of the best computer desks out there. :)

I need to measure some, but I need to fit 3 24" monitors, and a HAF Stacker on the desk. We'll see :)

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I use this one, its a really big office desk, and its very very strong.

morgan-large-corner-desk-office-workstat

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Yet again i see my country's most prominent export being tossed around happily..

And as much as it disgusts me to say it... Go with an ikea desk... I gave up and got a "Galant".. and i am pleased with it.

+ it's friggin huuuuuuge. which is nice

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Yet again i see my country's most prominent export being tossed around happily..

And as much as it disgusts me to say it... Go with an ikea desk... I gave up and got a "Galant".. and i am pleased with it.

+ it's friggin huuuuuuge. which is nice

Why are you disgusted by it? Is it because they're cheap or "not reliable" as some have said? At this point, I would consider any Ikea desk since the desk I'm using now is a POS.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Why are you disgusted by it? Is it because they're cheap or "not reliable" as some have said? At this point, I would consider any Ikea desk since the desk I'm using now is a POS.

It's not that.. it's the 

"Oh!? You're from sweden? Ikea is great! And i love your swedish meatballs" Thing... Yeah i'll show ya meatballs you sunnova.. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It's not that.. it's the 

"Oh!? You're from sweden? Ikea is great! And i love your swedish meatballs" Thing... Yeah i'll show ya meatballs you sunnova.. 

Hey, at least you're not from the United States... I probably would lie and say I'm from Canada or something. Man, I gotta learn to do accents like a Scottish one or something. Also, the one thing that pops up in my head about Sweden is how supposedly peaceful, nice, and neutral it is, especially compared to I don't know, Italy, France, England, Russia, China, US, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, and more.

A Patrick Stewart accent or a Huddersfield accent would be awesome and hilarious when people will stare at me like I had a stroke or something. By the way, strokes are not funny, m'kay?

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Mine is custom built, but simple. Got some free 3/4" MDF from work for the top, and build the frame out of 2x4's. This thing is solid. Probably one of the most solid things in this house I'm renting. Started life as a hobby table, then a work bench, and now my computer desk, where it will remain. Until I build my simpit for Star Citizen that is!

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

Instead of a traditional office desk, which can be quite expensive, I went with a countertop from Ikea. It's a lot cheaper than a traditional office desk of this size and also strong enough to support a triple monitor setup.

Countertop: http://www.ikea.com/dk/da/catalog/products/50202171/

Legs (x6): http://www.ikea.com/dk/da/catalog/products/90217972/#/70217973

My monitor arm is the NewStar FPMA-D700D3

I also have one of these mounted in my desk: http://www.delock.com/produkte/F_247_extern_61989/merkmale.html

H4h8Lz8l.jpg

Build it myself. Far cheaper and better.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I use this glass corner desk, I got it at Staples for about $140

fgXqTXW.jpg

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299