PLS HELP FIRST BUILD DOESNT TURN ON PROPERLY

Tucci149

Hi all. Ive finished building my first build yesterday but it wont boot. Ive taken it apart and tested the psu, it works. After I turn the system on the motherboard Rgb flashes red and blue for half a second, then the ram flashes blue for half a second. Upon further inspection, even with only one ram stick it does the same thing. The cpu pins are all nice and straight. 

Motherboard: Aorus b550 elite

cpu: ryzen 5 3600

ram: Gskill trident z neo 16gb 3600mhz

psu: evga 600w non modular bronze rated

Gpu: saphire pulse 5600xt

ssd: crucial P1 1tb nvme m.2

I am fairly certain that this is either a ram or motherboard problem but not sure. also when I turn on the system no fans are spinning, not even the cpu cooler. also the rgb or the fans on the gpu don't turn on. AND the psu fan doesnt start spinning, but it did when I tested it. Also ive rebuild the system outside of my case and stiil the same thing.

Hello and good afternoon. 

If it wont boot number 1 check cables, if it wont boot will your tower give you beep codes?

If yes it might be a cable. or you might have defective hardware even worse they might not even be compatible.

If it still wont boot you might have the wrong boot menu selection, Try to move your boot drive to the top of the menu. If that does not work it might be that you don't have a OS installed, To fix that you will need a computer that has internet so you can download the WIndows 10 installation media: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10  Here is the link. Lastly if that does not work please contact a professional so that they can diagnose the problem 

go follow @sub68, @King of Memes and @wkdpaul.

Well normaly you would get a step by step guide linked for me

but that sounds more to a specific problme

the only thing i can image out of damage hardware is that your CPU cooler isnt conectect or your ATX calbes are not connected

if that isnt the case, try other RAM and/or another 3000 CPU if you able to

4 minutes ago, AdamLOveslinusvids said:

But the most common problem is cables. Are there any unusual sounds coming from the tower? 

Also it might even be that you bent a pin on the cpu

no bent pins, the system is outside of the tower and does not have the speaker to plug in but ive ordered one and it is already shipping. the system is definitively compatible as I got the idea of pairing these components from a Pauls hardware video. The ram is OPTIMISED for x570 boards but shouldnt have any problems with b550. 

Right now the system only has the cpu, 1 ram stick and the mobo and psu. still doesnt boot. I havent even tried plugging it to a monitor yet so it is not that I don't have windows or an OS. I don't have any other ram or cpus to try with.

14 minutes ago, AdamLOveslinusvids said:

Hello and good afternoon. 

If it wont boot number 1 check cables, if it wont boot will your tower give you beep codes?

If yes it might be a cable. or you might have defective hardware even worse they might not even be compatible.

If it still wont boot you might have the wrong boot menu selection, Try to move your boot drive to the top of the menu. If that does not work it might be that you don't have a OS installed, To fix that you will need a computer that has internet so you can download the WIndows 10 installation media: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10  Here is the link. Lastly if that does not work please contact a professional so that they can diagnose the problem 

Ive only connected the cpu power connector and the motherboard power connector, oh and also the cpu cooler connector

Just now, AdamLOveslinusvids said:

Ok i really recommend that you plug a set of headphones in the earphone jack and turn the machine on

I only need to connect the hd audio to do that right?

1 minute ago, AdamLOveslinusvids said:

Ok so the computer wont boot if you dont have a boot  drive or a power supply.

Ive tried booting it with every component before and it doesnt work 

Yes try that, use a headset and you will get some beeps, some hi tech Motherboards have a little counter on the board that gives you codes, consult the manual or the motherboard manufacturer site

go follow @sub68, @King of Memes and @wkdpaul.

7 minutes ago, AdamLOveslinusvids said:

Put everything in the case,plug in headphones/earbuds/speakers and you might get a beep code

no beep, Im guessing that with a motherboard speaker it will though right?

10 minutes ago, AdamLOveslinusvids said:

Put everything in the case,plug in headphones/earbuds/speakers and you might get a beep code

something else, the psu fans do NOT start spinning when I turn the system on, but they did when I connected the 16th and 17th pin of the 24pin connector using a paper clip

4 minutes ago, AdamLOveslinusvids said:

You might have defective cables. BEcause it just like a phone charger if you hold the charger together with pressure it works.

the psu cable that plugs into the wall? is that what you mean?

When I test the psu with the paper clip the fan of the power supply works perfectly, and the power supply itself seems to be working. When I connect the power supply to the motherboard and turn it on the power supply fan does NOT spin and the psu does not seem to be working 

1 minute ago, AdamLOveslinusvids said:

OHhhh i think they sold you defective hardware.

ok so its the psu?

When I test the psu with the paper clip the fan of the power supply works perfectly, and the power supply itself seems to be working. When I connect the power supply to the motherboard and turn it on the power supply fan does NOT spin and the psu does not seem to be working. what happens next is that the motherboard rgb flashes for half a second , then the ram does the same. the nwhen I turn OFF the system the ram turns off for 5 second before turning off completely. 

Ive tested the full system inside the case, outside the case, Ive also tested with only the cpu and ram and it does the same thing.