PLS HELP FIRST BUILD DOESNT TURN ON PROPERLY

Tucci149

its plugged in the left 4 pin conector seems to be a bit lower than the other one, idk if that means anything

hey ill be right back, I accidentally spilled my office tacks and my son stepped in them 

1 minute ago, made zos ion said:

hey ill be right back, I accidentally spilled my office tacks and my son stepped in them 

alg

Just now, made zos ion said:

yes try that

Its gonna take me a couple hours maybe :) :(

2 minutes ago, Tucci149 said:

should I take everything apart and start over?

It can’t hurt. But you don’t need to build inside the case for now. You can build it outside the case (like on top of the motherboard box) for now and then transfer it when it is working. Doing this will ensure that there is nothing you overlooked when building it. When it is disassembled, carefully look at the cpu to make sure no pins are missing or damaged.

I don’t have too much experience with troubleshooting, but it sounds like a power issue through your motherboard and will likely require a rma if that’s the case. Do you have any other motherboards (and CPUs if need be) available to test with if rebuilding does not work?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Just now, made zos ion said:

Oh, I wish I could help you out with that.

I tried turning it on again and the mobo led beeped green? they are supposed to be orange, is it broken?

1 minute ago, zeusthemoose said:

It can’t hurt. But you don’t need to build inside the case for now. You can build it outside the case (like on top of the motherboard box) for now and then transfer it when it is working. Doing this will ensure that there is nothing you overlooked when building it. When it is disassembled, carefully look at the cpu to make sure no pins are missing or damaged.

I don’t have too much experience with troubleshooting, but it sounds like a power issue through your motherboard and will likely require a rma if that’s the case. Do you have any other motherboards (and CPUs if need be) available to test with if rebuilding does not work?

No other motherboards or cpus unfortunately ill rebuild it outside of the case

I'm going to bed, its 2:01 am, i'm barely awake right now. I'm sorry ill try to help tomorrow once i'm more awake. BTW good luck I hope your PC gets online.

1 minute ago, made zos ion said:

I'm going to bed, its 2:01 am, i'm barely awake right now. I'm sorry ill try to help tomorrow once i'm more awake. BTW good luck I hope your PC gets online.

Thanks!

I'd test the PSU first

http://support.antec.com/support/solutions/articles/1000015319-is-my-power-supply-dead-the-paperclip-test

TLDR: You'll need to switch on the PSU and connect the 16th and 17th pins on your molex connector with wire (like a paper clip) and see if it turns on.

If that works, then I'd disconnect everything else and only leave the RAM and the CPU in and then see if that powers on. If that works, work your way up in terms of connecting things till it doesn't work

10 minutes ago, BillRizer said:

I'd test the PSU first

http://support.antec.com/support/solutions/articles/1000015319-is-my-power-supply-dead-the-paperclip-test

TLDR: You'll need to switch on the PSU and connect the 16th and 17th pins on your molex connector with wire (like a paper clip) and see if it turns on.

If that works, then I'd disconnect everything else and only leave the RAM and the CPU in and then see if that powers on. If that works, work your way up in terms of connecting things till it doesn't work

what molex connector?

2 minutes ago, BillRizer said:

My bad. I meant the 24 pin connector to your motherboard

so i need to have the 16th and 17th pins of the mobo connector touching a paper clip ?

and see if what turns on?

don't you want me to try all the components outside the case first?

Im basically almost done it? ill test the psu iif thats what you want me to do first tho  

Yes. Make sure all the other connectors from the power supply are disconnected from everything else.

1 minute ago, Tucci149 said:

don't you want me to try all the components outside the case first?

Im basically almost done it? ill test the psu iif thats what you want me to do first tho  

Try the PSU first