At what age will let kids date?

whm1974
25 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

What makes you even think that I have no idea what I talking about? Just because I don't have any kids? I used to babysit from time to time... I have friends with children, grown now but...

I had no idea that you didn't have any kids

And not, just having some experience with kids doesn't actually mean that you do have any understanding in any medical aspects of them

I'm not trying to flame with any of you, nor do I want to

I just think that people without any foundaments should not be allowed to be considered as trustworthy, this whole discussion is not so different by discussuons made by antivaxers or anti5g, they do lack to every type of foundation to be able to understand even of what they are talking about, but they do still want to be listened 

Even if the point of this discussion was to collect opinions.. well that's my opinion on the discussion

9 minutes ago, Lii said:

I had no idea that you didn't have any kids

And not, just having some experience with kids doesn't actually mean that you do have any understanding in any medical aspects of them

I'm not trying to flame with any of you, nor do I want but I just think that people without any foundaments should not be allowed to be considered as trustworthy, this whole discussion is not so different by discussuons made by antivaxers or anti5g, they do lack to every type of foundation to be able to understand even of what they are talking about, but they do still want to be listened 

I mentioned that I have no Children in my OP. And with having no Foundation, I was a Child once, just like everyone else. I merely notice that kids are doing thing much younger then I was growing up?

What started this is due to reading an Article about Netflix's  Cuties which features 11 Y/O girls not properly dressed for their age and dancing in such a manner that Adults back when I was their age, would have Freaked Out. Note I'm in my Mid-40's.

2 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Now I don't have any kids but for years I kept hearing about kids who are not even teenagers dating and sometime a bit more... For example my half brother who I met at 8, had girlfriends at that tender age... I did wonder since he had o many girls came over an call him so often if he was doing anything much farther then Playing Doctor with them...

Now stuff I'm hearing and reading about Precocious Puberty and Sexuallation by Media of Preteens, that if I had any daughters aged 10-12 I wouldn't let them walk out the door...

Seriously how old do you require you kids to be before letting them Date at all?

Definitely a good off topic thread... preteen sexual habits :)

To be frank.. be careful with this...  Asking about dating is one thing, but mentioning playing doctor and sexualization... may be construed.

On the other hand... 14.  Mine was allowed ice cream dates or skating or mall stuff, etc.

Edit:  On the other other hand, why are you asking about this if you do not have kids?  Since I read more of the thread and there is way too much talk of 8 years old and sex.  

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

I run along the lines of high school is when children should start to consider being in relationships. my younger sister got some in middle school and they were pretty stupid and childish

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

2 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

Definitely a good off topic thread... preteen sexual habits :)

To be frank.. be careful with this...  Asking about dating is one thing, but mentioning playing doctor and sexualization... may be construed.

On the other hand... 14.  Mine was allowed ice cream dates or skating or mall stuff, etc.

I no intention of causing offense here. Or getting some kicks out of this.

1 hour ago, whm1974 said:

I mentioned that I have no Children in my OP.

Yeah.. my bad I forgot about that, but the point wherever you do have child or not still remains

And with having no Foundation, I was a Child once, just like everyone else.

Yeah.. but that doesn't mean that you do actually have any knowledge in medical subjects

It's like saying I do have experience with girls by so I do want to be a gynecologist

I merely notice that kids are doing thing much younger then I was growing up?

What started this is due to reading an Article about Netflix's  Cuties which features 11 Y/O girls not properly dressed for their age and dancing in such a manner that Adults back when I was their age, would have Freaked Out. Note I'm in my Mid-40's.

That really depends on the historical year of reference and region

Not in all nations the age of consent is 16/18 like in the us nor in all nations/locations a type of dress is consider proper, like our way of dressing in some majour religious contry would be considered something for depraved

It also depends on the year of reference I'm pretty sure that an average person of the 1800 would consider depravating our way of dressing also in the past (and still right now it depends on location) it was not so uncommon to give birth like at 13

the morale it's not something prefixed and objective it can vary

Meanwhile if you were asking on why do children mature faster nowdays, it's thinked that environment could have contributed to that and it might be linked even to obesity, majour food resources than in the past could help children to devolped faster than in the past (which btw the medium nowdays for girls is ±9y'o for boys ±11 y'o)

Doi: 10.1055/s-0033-1348891

That depends of what kind of date. I had "handholding" things with 14. But the first relationship that was more than that was with 16 and lasted 2.5 years.. And thats how it should be. Any Age below is wrong in my Eyes.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I told my Daughter 30 years old, she can have a boyfriend.

Self first. Career first. None of this "I'm pregnant daddy" Bull****

No, I'm not kidding. Don't bring a boy home. It won't start well. 

@Tristerin While I think that is an interesting take. I hear that teenagers like to rebel against these things called rules.

But I do agree that knowing that both the kids can maintain a discipline like that is good if not great way to build character. 

Just now, Bad5ector said:

@Tristerin While I think that is an interesting take. I hear that teenagers like to rebel against these things called rules.

But I do agree that knowing that both the kids can maintain a discipline like that is good if not great way to build character. 

Agree, and I was 10 foot tall and bullet proof until I got wiser lol so I get it.  As I mention in my first post - I hope this works ;) If not, cut another angle and try something else 

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

17 minutes ago, Benji said:

Which is a nice trick to get your children to not know how relationships work and fail miserably without anybody to appropriately support them when they're supposed to happen. When they're at your home and in their teens you can "guide them" and be their for their first "heartbreak", but when it happens at that age at which you'd like it, they're kind of done.

Boys only think of one thing. I shouldn't have to spell this out.....

My first was born when I was 27. My parents didnt have to raise me and my babies....

I have simple rules. Goes for my boys too. 

They get a girl  knocked up, you're moving out in 30 days. But school.... nope. That's now also your own responsibility. 

Wanna act like a grown up? Gotta be one first.

Oh and how relationships work is simple. They see one everyday. 

Since birth.

My wife and I set the example. They know what to expect. They've seen the good and bad of relationships. They are fully part of our relationship. 

They can have a serious adult relationship once fully grown up to an actual adult and go have their sex life all they want. 

1 minute ago, Tristerin said:

Agree, and I was 10 foot tall and bullet proof until I got wiser lol so I get it.  As I mention in my first post - I hope this works ;) If not, cut another angle and try something else 

Hey man, we were all there at some point. I know when I was a teenager, I was really a big gym buff, but at the same time, I drank, smoked dope, and only cared about bumping nasties. Hormones and peer pressure are a bitch. Though can't say if I was in your shoes I wouldn't think something similar. Luckily me and my wife are only concerned about fur babies.

6 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I have simple rules. Goes for my boys too. 

They get a girl  knocked up, you're moving out in 30 days. But school.... nope. That's now also your own responsibility. 

Wanna act like a grown up? Gotta be one first.

So if they knocked up a girl at well below 18?

1 minute ago, whm1974 said:

So if they knocked up a girl Below 18...

Well that depends on what the state wants to do because then they are a criminal....

And if I gotta pay for that, life for my sons will be rough. I'll be the new drill instructor at 4am everyday. They'll be working and going to school full time both. 

Babies are so important and need a lot of attention. A kid doesnt have time to be an accidental father.

5 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well that depends on what the state wants to do because then they are a criminal....

And if I gotta pay for that, life for my sons will be rough. I'll be the new drill instructor at 4am everyday. They'll be working and going to school full time both. 

Babies are so important and need a lot of attention. A kid doesnt have time to be an accidental father.

I was speaking of the boy, his age. Sorry not being clear...

13 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

I was speaking of the boy, his age. Sorry not being clear...

Hes 19.

9 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Hes 19.

Well in that case... He should take care of any girl he knocks up... Of course he should have worn a Raincoat in the first place...

30 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Well in that case... He should take care of any girl he knocks up... Of course he should have worn a Raincoat in the first place...

Accidents happen.

It's super difficult.... But young parents will have it rough/er than most that got into a good career first.

Forced to work full time at a young age deters people from education first. 

Babies cost so much in health care, can you imagine the cost of Birth alone?

Owe a hospital some 35,000 US dollars just for the birth. That does not include all the extras.

I was killing it in Pre-school. It can be any age really. Not a big deal.

2 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Owe a hospital some 35,000 US dollars just for the birth. That does not include all the extras.

laughs in Canada

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

4 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Accidents happen.

They do - but when properly used, birth control is very effective. Especially if overlapping contraceptive is used (eg: condom + the pill/IUD).

Forcing celibacy as a birth control method on teens statistically is simply not a good strategy.

Maybe it works for your kids - and as long as you're ensuring your kid is well educated on sexual health/education, including the effective use of contraceptives (how to put a condom on properly, for example)? Then I guess the harm is minimal.

But not allowing your teen child to have any romantic relationships at all is putting them at a disadvantage later in life. Maybe they'll overcome the disadvantage. But it'll still be there.

Now on the flip side, if they have no interest in having relationships, yeah cool - obviously you can't force that upon them.

But if they do, and you're banning them from having one, at best you're just alienating your kid. At worst, they're doing it anyway and you simply have no idea it's happening. In fact, when relationships and sex are banned for teens, they're the most likely to do it anyway but be less educated about it and end up with a teen pregnancy.

It's super difficult.... But young parents will have it rough/er than most that got into a good career first.

Which is totally why you should be educating your kid fully regarding relationships and sex so that if they do have sex (which for a teen is not quite but almost inevitable, statistically), they're doing it safely instead of, say - pulling out (or putting a condom on backwards, or using something makeshift like a plastic sandwich baggy (yes that happens, and ew) - so on and so forth).

Forced to work full time at a young age deters people from education first. 

Babies cost so much in health care, can you imagine the cost of Birth alone?

Yeah that's an American healthcare system is broken problem. Every other civilized country doesn't have to worry about that.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Kids don't know what actual love with, it's infatuation in the younger years. As such, I see it as harmless, but not something they should put too much focus on. If we treated it serious, I could easily say I had a GF at 5, though I'm sure she was into my puppy.

While it's possible to marry a highschool sweetheart like my ex Amber ended up doing, it's not the norm. I'd say if we're being realistic, it's kinda pointless to put that much effort into a relationship when you're in your teens. Have fun with it, learn from them, but don't make it your entire life.

I wonder if I come across and sound like some old Fart who Believes that things were better when he was a kid to current kids? You know the kind who Yells at Children to Get off His Lawn?

2 minutes ago, Saakosome said:

it must be after at least 20 years. even if the child has independence, it is still not a reason

You really don't expect anyone to still be a Virgin at 20+ do you? Especially Young Women...