The most useless piece of tech.

Arachknight1
2 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Bluetooth controlled "adult toy" 😳

For a grumpy old man, you sure are kinky. 🤭

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

8 hours ago, FloRolf said:

I have an old Nvidia NVS 300 Graphics card here and it has only one display output which looks a lot like a DVI port. It is however a DMS-59 port, which only works with adapter (DMS to dual dvi) so the card is kinda useless, because I don't have an adapter. (and the card is legit shit anyways) 

Reveal hidden contents

DMS-59.jpg

I got one of those cards, I think mine is a Radeon HD 6350. When I got it, I went to my schools IT department and asked really nicely if they had a spare adapter that could "go missing", and they were happy to oblige. 

On 9/23/2020 at 11:39 PM, mariushm said:

I'd say one time use phone chargers or as they say "emergency chargers" , basically power banks with rechargeable batteries you can't recharge and you're supposed to throw away after use (or recycle, but come on who mails them back to manufacturer at their cost) 

For example https://www.amazon.com/ChargeTab-Emergency-Phone-Charger-Micro-USB/dp/B07H7R37M7/

Ok this wins for biggest fail in my book. How TF is this actually a thing? a normal rechargeable battery costs the same or less, WTF is wrong with people, how does someone see this and buy it thinking its a good idea???!!!!!

9 minutes ago, airborne spoon said:

Ok this wins for biggest fail in my book. How TF is this actually a thing? a normal rechargeable battery costs the same or less, WTF is wrong with people, how does someone see this and buy it thinking its a good idea???!!!!!

Governments of the World should make this sort of practice illegal for companies to do. Come to think it, online vendors such as Amazon and Newegg shouldn't allow this items to be sold on their sites. I at least wouldn't.

There is enough E-Waste over filling landfills already. Who ever thought this up should be ashamed of themselves. 

On 9/23/2020 at 11:30 PM, Haris Javed said:

E-cigarettes and Donald Trump. 

hmm yes let's somehow make this about politics. Hopefully you're not like this in real life. 

Delidded, custom IHS i7-8700k @ 5.2ghz

Founders Edition GTX970

iphone. I don't think I need to explain?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 minutes ago, pm128 said:

Mouse with camera built in

So... like... every optical mouse??

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

3 minutes ago, pm128 said:

Now that is pretty useless.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

On 9/24/2020 at 7:39 AM, mariushm said:

I'd say one time use phone chargers or as they say "emergency chargers" , basically power banks with rechargeable batteries you can't recharge and you're supposed to throw away after use (or recycle, but come on who mails them back to manufacturer at their cost) 

For example https://www.amazon.com/ChargeTab-Emergency-Phone-Charger-Micro-USB/dp/B07H7R37M7/

18 hours ago, airborne spoon said:

-snip-

14 hours ago, Caroline said:

-snip-

Here in the UK they sell these in Poundland*, right next to... reusable battery packs!

They also sell them in Tesco, and there's an excellent video from YouTube channel bigclive demonstrating that the only thing these are missing to turn them into a rechargeable one is the actual charging circuitry:

* Poundland = UK single-price retailer, kinda, where all (apart from some recently introduced) products cost £1

pythonmegapixel

RGB.

Most people dont even know what it stands for until they read this and google it to find out how dumb they are.

Then spend the rest of the night staring at a monitor.  

For computer related tech I would rate the JAZ drive.

The Jaz drive was a removable storage device and the storage medium was essentially an HDD platter in a plastic case/caddy.  This caddy was inserted into the drive, spun up and read.  The storage medium was notoriously fragile and very easily damaged by dust and contamination.

"Does it have ray tracing?"

"Yeah"

ez rtx 2070 with daisy chained pcie extension cards

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive