The most useless piece of tech.

Arachknight1

What is the most useless piece of tech you have ever seen. Sorry if someone already asked this.

A little device that reminds you to replace the water filter in a refrigerator. Doesn’t sound too useless until you realize all it does is count down for 6 months, start blinking a light, then start counting down again when you reset it. I’m usually not the biggest environmentalist, but come on that is just e waste. You can just write down on a calendar when you need to replace it, or add an event/reminder on your phone or computer, or just remember when you last replaced it, or check when you last bought a filter, or multiple more other ways. Idk for some reason it just made me mad when I realized what it was.

Phanteks RGB Fan frame

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

It clearly says pieces of tech, please don’t bring politics to this forum.

Yes.

3 minutes ago, Haris Javed said:

E-cigarettes and Donald Trump. 

The E-cigarettes part is fine but Donald Trump?! He's not a piece of tech!

12 minutes ago, Arachknight1 said:

What is the most useless piece of tech you have ever seen. Sorry if someone already asked this.

definitely my pc due its "high speeds"

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

1 minute ago, Arachknight1 said:

The E-cigarettes part is fine but Donald Trump?! He's not a piece of tech!

It was a joke - it was super funny in my mind.  

1 minute ago, TheCoverUp said:

definitely my pc due its "high speeds"

Meanwhile my PC with 4 gigs of ram

I'd say one time use phone chargers or as they say "emergency chargers" , basically power banks with rechargeable batteries you can't recharge and you're supposed to throw away after use (or recycle, but come on who mails them back to manufacturer at their cost) 

For example https://www.amazon.com/ChargeTab-Emergency-Phone-Charger-Micro-USB/dp/B07H7R37M7/

2 minutes ago, Arachknight1 said:

Meanwhile my PC with 4 gigs of ram

dual core cpu here! with 4 gigs of 1866mhz ram

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

I'd say one time use phone chargers or as they say "emergency chargers" , basically power banks with rechargeable batteries you can't recharge and you're supposed to throw away after use (or recycle, but come on who mails them back to manufacturer at their cost) 

For example https://www.amazon.com/ChargeTab-Emergency-Phone-Charger-Micro-USB/dp/B07H7R37M7/

Wtf, you can get a 10 000 MAh rechargable battery bank for that price. Those shits should be banned as a crime against earth

In real life, I act like I know less about tech than I actually do.

Main build: CPU: AMD Phenom ii X4 955 Black Edition @ 4,0GHz (Cooler Master 212) | GPU: MSI RX580 8Gb | RAM: 12Gb DDR3 | PSU: Chieftec CTB-500S  | Mobo: Asus M4A87TD/USB3 | Storage: Seagate 500Gb HDD

Yes, I'm aware my CPU is a huge bottleneck. No, I don't really care.

Laptop: Asus TUF FX505DT 60Hz 8Gb model

"Fortifications, cannons and foreign aid won't help unless every man knows that he himself is a guardian of his country"

-Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim

2 minutes ago, TheCoverUp said:

dual core cpu here! with 4 gigs of 1866mhz ram

Okie dokie cheese and cheeriokie

1 minute ago, Arachknight1 said:

I'm a noob at tech, I don't know that much. Is 1866 megahertz a lot?

No, it's pretty sucky. I hope it atleast has good timings?

I have an old Nvidia NVS 300 Graphics card here and it has only one display output which looks a lot like a DVI port. It is however a DMS-59 port, which only works with adapter (DMS to dual dvi) so the card is kinda useless, because I don't have an adapter. (and the card is legit shit anyways) 

Spoiler

DMS-59.jpg

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Modern printers and their maintenance or updates. Print stuff each 3 months, have to wait 5-10 mins every time. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 minute ago, FloRolf said:

I have an old Nvidia NVS 300 Graphics card here and it has only one display output which looks a lot like a DVI port. It is however a DMS-59 port, which only works with adapter (DMS to dual dvi) so the card is kinda useless, because I don't have an adapter. (and the card is legit shit anyways) 

Reveal hidden contents

DMS-59.jpg

That's what that port is!!! I have an old card with that and could not figure out what cable to use with it. I won't be using it anyways because I know it's not good.

2 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Modern printers and their maintenance or updates. Print stuff each 3 months, have to wait 5-10 mins every time. 

I'd say their tendency to dry out ink really easily, forcing new cartirdge buys for the cost of a new printer :(

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎