ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
Just now, BananaCS13 said:

this guys video is pretty fun and creative. his pc is pretty good still so i think that may disquallify him,

That's what I was trying to tell him,but he kept saying his AMD Ryzen 5 wasn't cutting it for him.Also,the only negative thing he really mentioned about his pc was it was laggy in Adobe Premiere.THATS IT.ONLY ONE THING HE MENTIONED,PLUS ADOBE PREMIERE IS A BIG FILE THAT IS USED BY PROFESSIONALS OF COURSE IT IS GOING TO BE LAGGY.

sorry,just got ahead of myslef

Just now, AccurateLamer said:

specs?

Mine has 

dual core i5 

intel hd 4000 graphics

500 gig Toshiba Hdd

8 gigs ddr3 ram

cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 955

gpu: Radeon HD 5670

ram: honestly i cant get the thing to boot so i cant see how much it is since the ram stick doesnt say. ddr3

1 minute ago, sgarg0310 said:

lol I love how my video isn't even in the question 🤣. It's ok, it was fun to make tho.

Also was my first time being on youtube lol

drop the link lets see.

cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 955

gpu: Radeon HD 5670

ram: honestly i cant get the thing to boot so i cant see how much it is since the ram stick doesnt say. ddr3

The only good thing is at least it has a ok (really bad) graphics card.

Hmmm actually u might win for overall bad pc

1 minute ago, AccurateLamer said:

That's what I was trying to tell him,but he kept saying his AMD Ryzen 5 wasn't cutting it for him.Also,the only negative thing he really mentioned about his pc was it was laggy in Adobe Premiere.THATS IT.ONLY ONE THING HE MENTIONED,PLUS ADOBE PREMIERE IS A BIG FILE THAT IS USED BY PROFESSIONALS OF COURSE IT IS GOING TO BE LAGGY.

in one of the threads for previous years contests one of the mods said they are looking for people who are creative AND actually need the pc.

1 minute ago, AccurateLamer said:

The only good thing is at least it has a ok (really bad) graphics card.

Hmmm actually u might win for overall bad pc

my dad found this pc in the trash near my house and he let me kinda mess around with it and see what i could do. under ideal conditions i can atleast get it to boot windows 7.

in one of the threads for previous years contests one of the mods said they are looking for people who are creative AND actually need the pc.

Yeah IK its kids like this that really try to act like there in terrible of a new refresh,but really have an okay workstation for their needs.

2 minutes ago, BananaCS13 said:

drop the link lets see.

Took us a whole 5 days to make but it came out to be a fun experience. 

What do you guys think?

One of the reasons I see that people want the pc is Twitch Streaming, which is fine, but most of the winners I've seen actually want to do something non-gaming related, e.g Photography/Video Editing. Personally I wanna make an indie game that is similar to mirrors edge/TF2.

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

also the laptop in the video, is actually the laptop my brother has been using for uni for 5 years lol. I kinda feel bad for him 

2 minutes ago, sgarg0310 said:

Took us a whole 5 days to make but it came out to be a fun experience. 

What do you guys think?

thats actually such a good video. im pretty sure i saw you post it in here earlier but i didnt reply. good job dude.

2 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

One of the reasons I see that people want the pc is Twitch Streaming, which is fine, but most of the winners I've seen actually want to do something non-gaming related, e.g Photography/Video Editing. Personally I wanna make an indie game that is similar to mirrors edge/TF2.

lol twitch streaming was one of the reasons i wanted to win. well i also want to some 3d modeling. and maybe even learn to code.

I'm just hoping that my idea is original and doesn't come off as too infomercially as that's not what I was trying to do.

I know mine is really quick and jump-cutty, but I hope the concept of being stuck in bad graphics is good enough.

Also yeah, I did edit my video then put it on VHS. I personally think it adds to the cheesy crappy look, but that may hurt it as well as its not as clear to see whats happening in the video.

Video for reference: 

Edit: finally figured out how to embed the video haha

Edited by plumptree

4 minutes ago, plumptree said:

Also yeah, I did edit my video then put it on VHS.

No that is AWESOME.

That- was amazing.

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

7 minutes ago, BananaCS13 said:

thats actually such a good video. im pretty sure i saw you post it in here earlier but i didnt reply. good job dude.

Thanks a lot, Its good to know that I am not the only one who finds it funny

2 minutes ago, plumptree said:

I'm just hoping that my idea is original and doesn't come off as too infomercially as that's not what I was trying to do.

I know mine is really quick and jump-cutty, but I hope the concept of being stuck in bad graphics is good enough.

Also yeah, I did edit my video then put it on VHS. I personally think it adds to the cheesy crappy look, but that may hurt it as well as its not as clear to see whats happening in the video.

Video for reference:

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/79QoOCwRvh8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

honestly its original and really put together. the vhs gives it a really cool aesthetic.

1 hour ago, AccurateLamer said:

That's what I was thinking bec of his rhymes.

Maybe this one

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 10.26.58 PM.png

I'm betting that either that will be the BC winner, or this one:

The first one has hilarious skits and is well-edited, while this one is just overall well-done in every aspect, and is adorable too.

1 hour ago, AccurateLamer said:

I mean I entered with a fairly modern gaming laptop (i5, GTX 1050), but for what I want to do (which is stream as a vtuber) it isn't even remotely good enough, so I focused my video around that instead of why it was bad overall. Last year one of the winners had an i7 and a GTX 750ti, which was probably better than the vast, VAST majority of entrants but he focused his video around how it was bad at photo editing. I do think that I didn't focus enough on why my computer was bad though...

7 minutes ago, ErisNoRNG_ said:

I'm betting that either that will be the BC winner, or this one:

The first one has hilarious skits and is well-edited, while this one is just overall well-done in every aspect, and is adorable too.

i dont think the second one can win. he isnt 13.

1 minute ago, BananaCS13 said:

i dont think the second one can win. he isnt 13.

The description says that the older brother is actually the one entering (and presumably the one speaking), so I think it still qualifies.

8 hours ago, SiN_Fury said:

It was well edited. Microphone seemed to be peaking a lot, but you probably didn't have much control since I'm guessing it was a gaming headset. Depending on what phone you have, you might be able to get better sound with that if you record in a little blanket fort and just transfer the file to your computer.

The shot of blowing dust off the GPU hit close to home...

Sometimes we use our PCs so much you forget the dust that builds up in there!

3 minutes ago, ErisNoRNG_ said:

The description says that the older brother is actually the one entering (and presumably the one speaking), so I think it still qualifies.

oh i didnt see that. I guess that works.

In my opinion the garden refresh guy follows not only the Dr. Seuss rhymes but it also starts as an infomercial, the whole "Have you ever wanted XY and Z?"

45 minutes ago, ErisNoRNG_ said:

I do think that I didn't focus enough on why my computer was bad though...

Yeah, I only focused on how bad mine was for like 12 seconds. But I was averaging 5.5 words per second for most of the video, so I fit a decent amount in.

1 minute ago, SiN_Fury said:

Yeah, I only focused on how bad mine was for like 12 seconds. But I was averaging 5.5 words per second for most of the video, so I fit a decent amount in.

The thing is that the vast majority of my video is actually about how "bad" my rig is, but the only example I gave of why it was bad is that it isn't good enough for what I want to do. Nothing about it being buggy or anything.