ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
13 minutes ago, SiN_Fury said:

Yeah, I only focused on how bad mine was for like 12 seconds. But I was averaging 5.5 words per second for most of the video, so I fit a decent amount in.

i went back and watched your video yea it was a little generic but honestly really put together and well edited. you put effort into it which makes it really good. you gave your story about it which makes it stand out.

2 minutes ago, MarkParkComedy said:

I wanted to make ROG Reboot video...

and I ended up making a video about how old and terrible brother I am. 

really well made. I really like the old timey vibe. my only constructive critisism would be that the old time stuff was what won rog rig reboot 2018 i believe. they might think you tried to copy that idea. other than that loved the video. keep up the good stuff.

14 minutes ago, BananaCS13 said:

i went back and watched your video yea it was a little generic but honestly really put together and well edited. you put effort into it which makes it really good. you gave your story about it which makes it stand out.

Thank you! It looks like the main criticism is being generic, someone else said that about it earlier too. Hopefully the whole "vtuber" thing is enough to stand out, as out of all the 2000+ entries I'm probably the only one who wants to be a vtuber, much less out of all the BC entries.

and it took me like 10 hours to make a 60 second video, efficiency? never heard of it

Just now, ErisNoRNG_ said:

Thank you! It looks like the main criticism is being generic, someone else said that about it earlier too. Hopefully the whole "vtuber" thing is enough to stand out.

same here my video is super generic but i hope the contents of mine can make me stand out as well.

4 minutes ago, BananaCS13 said:

really well made. I really like the old timey vibe. my only constructive critisism would be that the old time stuff was what won rog rig reboot 2018 i believe. they might think you tried to copy that idea. other than that loved the video. keep up the good stuff.

Ah, man. I didn't know previous winner made old time video...I was inspired by Metropolis and the lighthouse... 

I thought I was clever... I guess I gotta study about previous winners for next time. 

Just now, MarkParkComedy said:

Ah, man. I didn't know previous winner made old time video...I was inspired by Metropolis and the lighthouse... 

I thought I was clever... I guess I gotta study about previous winners for next time. 

well just cause the previous winner did something similar doesnt mean you cant still win. you put your own spin on it and they might still pick you.

4 hours ago, AccurateLamer said:

That is kinda true and he didn't really follow the rules either.

I'm just going to do a late butt-in is the reason why it got a lot of views and praise is the timeline. He was one of the first in that day or two to post in that specific hashtag. The thumbnail imo is actually well done out from that time, attracting viewers. But early birds don't always get the worm. Sometimes, the last becomes the first.

18 minutes ago, BananaCS13 said:

well just cause the previous winner did something similar doesnt mean you cant still win. you put your own spin on it and they might still pick you.

Honestly, I don't expect to win, (Especially after your comment about my unoriginal approach) I'm just happy that I was able to film with my two brothers. It was a good bonding experience. 

While I was making this video, the video start to shift toward a short film about how much I obsess with keeping old stuff alive. Like old cars and PC. (Which made it like 4 minute long vid) Totally forgot about RIG Reboot thingy during production.

1132.thumb.jpg.0395300afb93099b5d0aba88f3ef40c9.jpg

(Some of stuffs I had to take it out to make it less than 60 seconds) 

I'm just happy I was able to make some memories with my brothers. 

8 minutes ago, PhillyJae said:

I'm just going to do a late butt-in is the reason why it got a lot of views and praise is the timeline. He was one of the first in that day or two to post in that specific hashtag. The thumbnail imo is actually well done out from that time, attracting viewers. But early birds don't always get the worm. Sometimes, the last becomes the first.

Especially since posting later means you have more time to refine your concept and script, and to edit

1 minute ago, MarkParkComedy said:

Honestly, I don't expect to win, (Especially after your comment about my unoriginal approach) I'm just happy that I was able to film with my two brothers. It was a good bonding experience. 

While I was making this video, the video start to shift toward a short film about how much I obsess with keeping old stuff alive. Like old cars and PC. (Which made it like 4 minute long vid) Totally forgot about RIG Reboot thingy during production.

1132.thumb.jpg.0395300afb93099b5d0aba88f3ef40c9.jpg

(Some of stuffs I had to take it out to make it less than 60 seconds) 

I'm just happy I was able to make some memories with my brothers. 

Is that a 70' s Celica I spy?

I am going to default comic sans in all my posts and I will not stop. Also, yes, later submissions are typically much better in quality. And, the video may be popular, but if the winners were chosen from youtube likes then it's not a very fair comepetition.

Just now, ErisNoRNG_ said:

Is that a 70' s Celica I spy?

Yes Sir. Good eye. 

I'm into keeping and playing with old stuffs. 

Except Milfs. I'd never mess with older women. 

Just now, Oliver Michael said:

I am going to default comic sans in all my posts and I will not stop. Also, yes, later submissions are typically much better in quality. And, the video may be popular, but if the winners were chosen from youtube likes then it's not a very fair comepetition.

Wait, are you serious? 

It's about views and likes? 

Just now, MarkParkComedy said:

Yes Sir. Good eye. 

I'm into keeping and playing with old stuffs. 

Except Milfs. I'd never mess with older women. 

Milfs are for cucks
get it?

4 minutes ago, MarkParkComedy said:

Wait, are you serious? 

They said "if"... Very unlikely to be the main deciding factor.

7 minutes ago, MarkParkComedy said:

Wait, are you serious? 

IF it was. It very much is not, it's about creativity, originality, and deserving to win.

8 minutes ago, MarkParkComedy said:

Wait, are you serious? 

No, nowhere in the rules was popularity stated, and nowhere in the rules even said your video had to be public! I'm pretty sure plenty of entries are unlisted.

2 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

IF it was. It very much is not, it's about creativity, originality, and deserving to win.

Ahhhh, I totally read it wrong.

so guys what do you think of this abomination of a video

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rhFSfoD19R4

1 minute ago, TerabyteLTT said:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rhFSfoD19R4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's an abomination of an embed

15 minutes ago, TerabyteLTT said:

If you edit your post and just put the link to the video the forum will automatically embed it.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Sorry if this has been answered before but, how and when are we going to know who won this thing?