ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter

Hey, I would like your opinion on this video, I really tried to make it original, and I also tried to add some funny stuff to make it less boring. Please tell me what you think.

Also, my friends have already taken one of my faces from the video (you will know which one) and put it in our discord server as an emoji. Fun times.

3 minutes ago, remus153 said:

Sorry if this has been answered before but, how and when are we going to know who won this thing?

Usually they post the top 25 within a week to 2 weeks, but I don't know what happens after that.

2 minutes ago, TheMouseKid said:

Hey, I would like your opinion on this video, I really tried to make it original, and I also tried to add some funny stuff to make it less boring. Please tell me what you think.

Also, my friends have already taken one of my faces from the video (you will know which one) and put it in our discord server as an emoji. Fun times.

could use a bit more joking

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

1 hour ago, TheMouseKid said:

It kinda looks like your reading off a script and just like another person said there needs to be a tinsy little bit of more humor,but other than that everything.

I was having such a good week; it was my birthday, I fixed my treadmill, I made my ROG Rig Reboot video, but then THIS HAPPENED.

Screenshot_20200927_105040.jpg

Screenshot_20200927_111555.jpg

Thank you all for being here with me during this difficult time 🙏

2 hours ago, TheMouseKid said:

In all honesty it just seems like a pretty generic rig showcase; in the style of "here's my computer. Here's my specs. I wanna play this. Here's a little joke. Thank you."

1 minute ago, paperbagperson said:

I was having such a good week; it was my birthday, I fixed my treadmill, I made my ROG Rig Reboot video, but then THIS HAPPENED.

Screenshot_20200927_105040.jpg

Screenshot_20200927_111555.jpg

nice legos

Good Sunday morning. My daughter worked on a video for the ROG Rig Reboot 2020 competition and uploaded it to YouTube Friday evening (9/25). She should've adhered to the requirements shown, except she didn't know how LTT staff were going to find her video, guessed that it was just by the hashtag.

She looked at the Gleam.IO page on Saturday & noticed it said something about entries. She started to flip out and asked me if she really got entered into the competition. I asked in a different post on this forum and turns out there was a form on that page she needed to fill out. She's crushed now because she doesn't have a chance. She knew the odds were heavily against her, just thought she had a shot.

The purpose of this post is in the very small chance it could make it in the competition. If not, if someone from LTT who is bored enough to message here, or private message, maybe saying it was a decent video and sorry she didn't get a chance, that would be great (for validation of her efforts). She did the video using a mouse because her huion pen broke.

To be clear, I don't expect anything. This was just a shot in the dark and figured it wouldn't hurt to post. I also hope I didn't break any rules by posting this here (sorry if I did).

I guess if i don't win ill try to do one of those optiplex builds, or buy a bunch of used parts for cheaper than new.

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

2 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

I guess if i don't win ill try to do one of those optiplex builds, or buy a bunch of used parts for cheaper than new.

If I don't get mr tips' blessing of a new pc I'm just gonna do a mini ITX build with like, a 2070 or something. I just want a slightly budget pc that can run vr

7 minutes ago, DaveBetTech said:

Good Sunday morning. My daughter worked on a video for the ROG Rig Reboot 2020 competition and uploaded it to YouTube Friday evening (9/25). She should've adhered to the requirements shown, except she didn't know how LTT staff were going to find her video, guessed that it was just by the hashtag.

She looked at the Gleam.IO page on Saturday & noticed it said something about entries. She started to flip out and asked me if she really got entered into the competition. I asked in a different post on this forum and turns out there was a form on that page she needed to fill out. She's crushed now because she doesn't have a chance. She knew the odds were heavily against her, just thought she had a shot.

The purpose of this post is in the very small chance it could make it in the competition. If not, if someone from LTT who is bored enough to message here, or private message, maybe saying it was a decent video and sorry she didn't get a chance, that would be great (for validation of her efforts). She did the video using a mouse because her huion pen broke.

To be clear, I don't expect anything. This was just a shot in the dark and figured it wouldn't hurt to post. I also hope I didn't break any rules by posting this here (sorry if I did).

Sorry man, if it wasn't in the .io page it isn't going to be entered. You could message CPotter about the validation part but it isn't going to be entered.

3 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

Sorry man, if it wasn't in the .io page it isn't going to be entered. You could message CPotter about the validation part but it isn't going to be entered.

Thank you Oliver. Appreciate the advice.

I wasn't going to post my video here, mostly because there are hundreds of absolute bangers this year and that gamer social anxiety is real, but I figured even if mine doesn't make it to even the top 20-something I want to share it and hopefully cause a giggle or two. Cheers all, good luck to everyone who entered! 

First post on the forum. Any idea when he might announce the winner? Also looking for feedback on my entry.

NOTE: I entered, but if I win, I am going to give it to my son.

1 minute ago, Phoenix Command said:

First post on the forum. Any idea when he might announce the winner? Also looking for feedback on my entry.

NOTE: I entered, but if I win, I am going to give it to my son.

Winners aren't expecte to be decided and emailed until a week or two, so we're not expecting the top 25 to be revealed until october.

40 minutes ago, DaveBetTech said:

Maybe try reaching out to @CPotter.Just make sure it was posted on youtube before the competition ended.

4 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

Winners aren't expecte to be decided and emailed until a week or two, so we're not expecting the top 25 to be revealed until october.

Thank you.

Just now, AccurateLamer said:

Maybe try reaching out to @CPotter.Just make sure it was posted on youtube before the competition ended.

Thank you @AccurateLamer. I sent him a private message a bit ago.

Guys, Twomad won ROG Rig Reboot, so he is the one getting a new PC. Sorry to all those that entered.

Spoiler

That was a terrible joke

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Guys, Twomad won ROG Rig Reboot, so he is the one getting a new PC. Sorry to all those that entered.

Reveal hidden contents

That was a terrible joke

YOOOOOO TWOMAD? HE GET ALL 3 PC IN BTS CASES

18 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

YOOOOOO TWOMAD? HE GET ALL 3 PC IN BTS CASES

Absolute legend, he is

Spoiler

Although they did give Twomad a 2080, which means we might not get a 3080 if we win, which i’m not complaining because im pretty sure a 2080 super > my gt 330m.

Spoiler

49 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Reveal hidden contents

That was a terrible joke

I hope you are joking bc this is not true at all. This was organized months before the project, also not a ROG case

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)