Who the hell is leafy?

TheBean

just watched the WAN show. I'm very confused on what happened with that "leafy" topic. Can anyone provide more context?

I believe he's the guy who tried to turn the SJW brigade onto Pokimane simply because she's Asian and female.....

Causal racist, bigot, SJW, drama llama, nothing of value was lost.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Some twerp with a chin weaker than my future

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Some edgy cringey YouTuber that is also a drama one as well like keen star. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

11 hours ago, CircleTech said:

I mean at least we know WHY he's banned:

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/08/leafy-account-terminated-banned-youtube/#:~:text=On August 21%2C 2020%2C YouTuber Calvin Lee "Leafy",service including harassment and bullying.

Unlike someone else whose name starts with Dr.  and ends with Disrespect.

I started following DrDisrespect BECAUSE he got banned.  Never heard of him before that.  I kinda enjoy his stuff.

He was a (actually kinda famous) YouTuber, but he was only famous for bulling other YouTubers. He left YouTube (I believe sometime in 2018) and just came back a few weeks ago too start making fun of Pokimane (a YouTuber/Twitch streamer that loves Fortnite, but has been acting strange in the way she handled some situations). Leafy started making videos like "LOL POKIMANE  SCR$#@d UP!" and "LOLOL SEE YA POKIMANE" (think of a 5 year old making YouTube video titles), those videos gained in popularity FAST. Around the time after Pokimane made an apology video, Leafy was banned from YouTube for cyber-bulling . This is how I understood the story of what went down and what I have read about what is happening with the Leafy v Pokimane battle.

If you believe there is any wrong info in here please feel free to tell me!

20 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

Some twerp with a chin weaker than my future

Used to be enjoyable to watch, a long, loooooong time ago. before getting called out, I think it was about some big controversial video containing eggs, a woman in her car, and a mentally handicapped individual.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

3 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

Used to be enjoyable to watch, a long, loooooong time ago. before getting called out, I think it was about some big controversial video containing eggs, a woman in her car, and a mentally handicapped individual.

Yeah I remember watching a couple of his videos where he actually seemed alright to watch but I don't even know how long ago - maybe 5-6ish years ago? Either way I don't remember much of what happened after that but he turned into a clown by the looks of things.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

On the whole Leafy thing, the best take I've heard about it, is this :

"If you can't make interesting content without harassing other people or making other people look bad or making it at somebody else's expanse, I don't think the content is boring, I think you are."

Basically Leafy made a few videos attacking other creators (Pokimane being the latest), then supposedly made other videos that were completely/partially unrelated but still harassed her with clickbait thumbnails and titles.

The effect was to basically send their horde of 12 year old (who think getting "stock market advice" from some 25 year old who has been making youtube videos since 2011 is somehow a reason to absolve him of anything), to attack Pokimane on her streams, twitter, discord and elsewhere.

So much that she had to private her more "personal" twitter account, take a one month vacation away from the toxic sludge directed at her and even issue some sort of apology video to apologize for the most inane stuff that happened long ago, but they kept bringing back up in an attempt to her hurt.

The dude was toxic waste and anyone defending the guy with "free speech" as the reason, clearly don't understand that.
Free speech doesn't protect you from the consequence of you using said free speech, especially not when you use it on a private property that you do not own (Google's youtube servers in this case). They are more than in their right to kick him off their property.

Could they have issued a warning first? Sure. But considering he has been making such awful content for a long time, the dude ain't gonna change. Remove his soapbox and kick him off.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro