NVIDIA Announces GeForce Special Event Featuring CEO Jensen Huang 1 Sept 2020

Athan Immortal

Summary

Nvidia is set to show off it's new cards in an event scheduled for the 1st Sept 2020, 9am Pacific time (4pm UTC)

Quotes

NVIDIA will broadcast a GeForce Special Event, featuring an address by founder and CEO Jensen Huang, on Sept. 1, at 9 a.m. Pacific time.

During the event, Huang will highlight the company’s latest innovations in gaming and graphics. Tune in at https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/special-event/.

My thoughts

This is probably what we've been waiting for, Nvidia 3000 card announcements and demonstrations. It also lines up with the 21 days. 21 years tweet from the company.

Sources

https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-announces-geforce-special-event-featuring-ceo-jensen-huang

https://www.engadget.com/nvidia-graphics-event-september-1st-2020-teaser-141654337.html

Athan is pronounced like Nathan without the N. <3

This is it bois, get your Wallets ready.

#Hyped

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

It's time for an upgrade, but pricing/performance and release date will be big factors. I can wait until the 1st but depending on how long until actual release I'll probably just get a 1660.

#Muricaparrotgang

Probably going to get a 3070 or a 3060 depending on the prices when they launch 

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Seeing as AMD is supplying Sony and MS, I'm more interested in their lauch but this is hype as well

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Seeing as AMD is supplying Sony and MS, I'm more interested in their lauch but this is hype as well

Maybe.  I haven't been impressed with their GPU lineup.  Their CPUs on the other hand...

7 minutes ago, Quinnell said:

Maybe.  I haven't been impressed with their GPU lineup.  Their CPUs on the other hand...

Well its time to get excited and then disappointed again!

Though I seriously hope they'll get it right this time

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Well its time to get excited and then disappointed again!

Though I seriously hope they'll get it right this time

Unrelated note... I hate your signature.

25 minutes ago, Quinnell said:

If prices aren't outrageous... I want the 3080

I want a 3070, hopefully they will be $400.

Dell S2721DGF - RTX 3070 XC3 - i5 12600K

Just now, thorhammerz said:

The more you buy, the more you sAvE !! 😜

Saving ourselves into bankruptcy!

It might be the 21-series, instead of the 3000 series. And apparently, there is some number fun going on with everything.

The announcement started "21 days. 21 years." 21 days until the announcement/reveal/whatever.

And its been 21 years since the first GeForce 256.

256*21=5376, or the number of CUDA cores (as pointed out in this thread, Source 14).

But it gets better! 5+3+7+6=21

These number magics were pointed out in tweaktown article.

I like when things do this. Not entirely sure why. Now lets pray it's not 2100 dollars.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

3 minutes ago, The1Dickens said:

Now lets pray it's not 2100 dollars.

Nah, if they wanna do it right, they have to go for 21 dollars tho. 

Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

I'm hyped. Can't wait to find out if buying new graphic card will mean selling away one kidney or both :)

no news about AMD releasing it's new cards?

kinda in a bind right now cause my 390 is giving up on me

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Come oooooooooooon nVidia, you know you wanna charge $2121 for the big Ti!! Don't let us down now.... :D

2 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

no news about AMD releasing it's new cards?

kinda in a bind right now cause my 390 is giving up on me

I'm personally waiting for them both to drop, but this 5700XT is doing a grand job even at 3840x1600 so I'm not in a great rush! Looking forward to seeing all the marvellous features from both sides tbh, get us all drooling!!

Hope your 390 makes it through man!

1 minute ago, JediFragger said:

I'm personally waiting for them both to drop, but this 5700XT is doing a grand job even at 3840x1600 so I'm not in a great rush! Looking forward to seeing all the marvellous features from both sides tbh, get us all drooling!!

Hope your 390 makes it through man!

it won't sadly, glitches out with just playing youtube vids now.

Thankfully i got a friend who'll borrow me her old 1060, since she just upgraded to a 2080 super, while i wait for the new cards relase. 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I‘ve been holding back building a new rig for years now. Initially I wanted to pull the trigger when 9900k and 2080ti were available but I didn‘t really have the time for this kind of hobby tbh. 

I‘m fully prepared for Ampere and Big Navi and will wait until both are out and then finally get a baller rig. The last time I really went all out for a PC was in 2004 for Far Cry with an FX-55 and GeForce 6800 Ultras (iirc) in SLI. 

1 hour ago, The1Dickens said:

It might be the 21-series, instead of the 3000 series. And apparently, there is some number fun going on with everything.

The announcement started "21 days. 21 years." 21 days until the announcement/reveal/whatever.

And its been 21 years since the first GeForce 256.

256*21=5376, or the number of CUDA cores (as pointed out in this thread, Source 14).

But it gets better! 5+3+7+6=21

These number magics were pointed out in tweaktown article.

I like when things do this. Not entirely sure why. Now lets pray it's not 2100 dollars.

Well, it could be 2766 dollars.....

I wouldn't put it passed them.

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

Thankfully i got a friend who'll borrow me her old 1060

Not too bad then, technically you could wait for both sides to drop too (unless said friend needs card back soon).

the 3090 could be an overpriced titan from what i read. just a rumor doe. rest of the gaming tiers are maxed at 12GB vram according to that,

But with that said i literally have a chip-hell rumor screenshot in one of my folder still that has been completely wrong in terms of specs that was spewing out leaked info from good close "sources" for the 2000 series back before it was released, even right now one of the leaked info from a channel called  mooreslawisdead leaked info about the GPU shroud & case was completely wrong.

Details separate people.