What's the difference between CM MWE v1 and CM MWE V2?

Hello guys I had I THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 500W psu and it started making noises after 10 months so I sent it to rma in the main time I'm looking for a new one and in my country we have bad manufacturers  ( NO CORSAIR / NO EVGA .... )

The only choice I have is COOLER MASTER 650W BRONZE V2 or FSP HYPER M85 + 550W BRONZE 

I planing to buy the Cooler Mastet one because some guys told me the fsp one is known for coil whine  but I saw reports that's the CM one fails a lot after a while of using but these reports were about the V1 version so am I good to go with the V2 ? 

is the V2 safe ? 

or should I stay with thermaltake replacement ? 

6 hours ago, hyrix7Q said:

is the V2 safe ? 

the V2 afaik is good. 

i would take the MWE bronze V2 or MWE white 80+ V2 in exchange for a thermaltake smart any day of the week. 

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

the V2 afaik is good. 

i would take the MWE bronze V2 or MWE white 80+ V2 in exchange for a thermaltake smart any day of the week. 

I'm planning to buy it but some reviews were confusing me sm but since u said it's safe I should give it a shot 

29 minutes ago, hyrix7Q said:

I'm planning to buy it but some reviews were confusing me sm but since u said it's safe I should give it a shot 

Assuming its MWE bronze V2, its decent. 

Believe it starts the model number with MPE. 

On 7/22/2020 at 10:00 PM, GoldenLag said:

Assuming its MWE bronze V2, its decent. 

Believe it starts the model number with MPE. 

Dude on there website there is two model of bronze V2 MPE 

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/mwe-series/mwe-650-bronze-v2/

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/mwe-series/mwe-650-bronze-v2-full-range/

What's the difference  ?

11 minutes ago, hyrix7Q said:

What's the difference  ?

nothing notable as far as i know. other than full range perhaps being better suited for a wide range of electrical inputs. 

2 minutes ago, hyrix7Q said:

That's strange.

"Full Range" is referring to the AC mains input that it can accept. Full range means that it can accept both 115V used in places like America as well as 230V used in places like Asia, Australia, Europe. The other type of PSU is 230V only PSUs that can only be used in countries that use 220-240V mains, but they're usually cheaper and not made as well as they can't use the lower voltage of the 115V AC mains power which is harder on PSUs. Usually a sign of poorer quality if it's 230V only.

The odd thing is that both of those power supplies are full range. 100-240V. I'm not sure why one is specified as "Full Range" in the product description and the other is not.

image.png.7470c0a9997a9f5c45db5767955de386.png

image.png.2dd8ab5496849e838aeed92902a617ef.png

They do have separate model numbers with ACAAB and ACAAW. There is some slight difference with the cables that each PSU has.

The MWE-6501-ACAAB lists having:

• 4 PCIe (2 cables each with 2x6+2 connectors).
  • 2 EPS12V connectors (1 cable)
  • 8 SATA connectors
  • 4 peripheral (molex) connectors

The MWE-6501-ACAAW lists having:

• 2 PCIe connectors (1 cable with 2x6+2 connectors)
  • 1 EPS12V connector (1 cable)
  • 6 SATA connectors
  • 3 Peripheral (molex) connectors

So basically the ACAAB - according to the Cooler Master website and assuming it's correct - has more cables.

I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it again. Cooler Master has too many damn models in the "MWE" series! They're up to 46 SKUs in the MWE range now!
image.png.ff423868aec14e7b99b59923722d216d.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

26 minutes ago, Spotty said:

That's strange.

"Full Range" is referring to the AC mains input that it can accept. Full range means that it can accept both 115V used in places like America as well as 230V used in places like Asia, Australia, Europe. The other type of PSU is 230V only PSUs that can only be used in countries that use 220-240V mains, but they're usually cheaper and not made as well as they can't use the lower voltage of the 115V AC mains power which is harder on PSUs. Usually a sign of poorer quality if it's 230V only.

The odd thing is that both of those power supplies are full range. 100-240V. I'm not sure why one is specified as "Full Range" in the product description and the other is not.

image.png.7470c0a9997a9f5c45db5767955de386.png

image.png.2dd8ab5496849e838aeed92902a617ef.png

They do have separate model numbers with ACAAB and ACAAW. There is some slight difference with the cables that each PSU has.

The MWE-6501-ACAAB lists having:

• 4 PCIe (2 cables each with 2x6+2 connectors).
  • 2 EPS12V connectors (1 cable)
  • 8 SATA connectors
  • 4 peripheral (molex) connectors

The MWE-6501-ACAAW lists having:

• 2 PCIe connectors (1 cable with 2x6+2 connectors)
  • 1 EPS12V connector (1 cable)
  • 6 SATA connectors
  • 3 Peripheral (molex) connectors

So basically the ACAAB - according to the Cooler Master website and assuming it's correct - has more cables.

I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it again. Cooler Master has too many damn models in the "MWE" series! They're up to 46 SKUs in the MWE range now!
image.png.ff423868aec14e7b99b59923722d216d.png

Yes and that's driving me crazy I also found the one you were talking about the 230V 

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/mwe-series/mwe-550-bronze-v2-230v/

I know the mwe bronze v2 is a good unit but I'm confused so much right now I don't even know which one is the better 

so there is 3 models ( Full range - normal one - 230V one ) 

and i don't know which one we have in my country -.- 

1 minute ago, hyrix7Q said:

Yes and that's driving me crazy I also found the one you were talking about the 230V 

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/mwe-series/mwe-550-bronze-v2-230v/

THERE'S A 230V MWE BRONZE V2!?! Ahhhhhhhh! I thought only the MWE 80+ White model had a 230V variant.

Avoid the 230V ones. Go for the full range if possible. Full range is better.

6 minutes ago, hyrix7Q said:

and i don't know which one we have in my country -.- 

Check the box or product listing. In the table that shows the voltages and output rating it will say Input Voltage: 200-240V or Input Voltage: 100-240V.

100-240V is the full range one you want.

The 230V model should also say 230V in the model name on the front of the box. "MWE Bronze V2 230V"

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

54 minutes ago, Spotty said:

THERE'S A 230V MWE BRONZE V2!?! Ahhhhhhhh! I thought only the MWE 80+ White model had a 230V variant.

Avoid the 230V ones. Go for the full range if possible. Full range is better.

Check the box or product listing. In the table that shows the voltages and output rating it will say Input Voltage: 200-240V or Input Voltage: 100-240V.

100-240V is the full range one you want.

The 230V model should also say 230V in the model name on the front of the box. "MWE Bronze V2 230V"

Ah okey so the 100-240V are full range okey thank you so much dude I will go for the 100-240V 

so these models of V2 have the same components the only difference is the voltage? 

On 7/22/2020 at 1:12 PM, hyrix7Q said:

Hello guys I had I THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 500W psu and it started making noises after 10 months so I sent it to rma in the main time I'm looking for a new one and in my country we have bad manufacturers  ( NO CORSAIR / NO EVGA .... )

The only choice I have is COOLER MASTER 650W BRONZE V2 or FSP HYPER M85 + 550W BRONZE 

I planing to buy the Cooler Mastet one because some guys told me the fsp one is known for coil whine  but I saw reports that's the CM one fails a lot after a while of using but these reports were about the V1 version so am I good to go with the V2 ? 

is the V2 safe ? 

Hey, am also from Algeria

Still confused about Mwe gold 650 from Cooler master because of all the bad reviews it has on amazon. Though, everyone recommends it apart from the latter. 

Did you buy the bronze or the gold one? Any thoughts?

8 hours ago, Tr4ck3r said:

because of all the bad reviews it has on amazon.

A few things to consider about reviews in general :

Amazon often have a single listing of multiple of similar product, where the quality can range from poor, low-end to excellent high quality units, so the low rating could be for an entirely different product.

Often times, if a product simply work, they would leave a positive review without any other consideration, when in reality, it's a piss-poor solution that can cause stability issue, reduce lifespan of components due to poor electrical performance, and may even be a fire hazard in the future. This is why you see a lot of Apevia, Coolmax, Diablotek, Raidmax (although they do have some decent units, but due to their reputation of cheating 80 Plus certification with a bait and switch, I'll never recommend them), etc. have an average of 4+ stars. On the other hand, for products that are more expensive, so if it works as they expect it should, they simply move on with their lives and not leave a review. But if they have a problem, you can expect them to leave a bad review 99% of the time. 20 bad reviews out of 46 may seem a lot (43.5%, and that also including bad reviews of the user themselves misrepresenting a product), but if they sold 4,000 units in that time frame, I would say that's pretty good for a 0.5% failure rate.

Of course, legitimate problems does happen. These are mass-produced productions have dozens of components in it, where hundreds or thousands of units are being made in a day. There are bound to be some problems that got slip pass QC/QA (it can be be both obvious or not), and it doesn't mean it is a flaw product. That's why there's a warranty in place, and what is important here is how the company will treat you when such problem arises.

Also, Dead On Arrivals (DOA), while can be extremely frustrating, is not an indicator of poor quality (although it can be an indicator of a poor packaging at the factory). Before it gets to your house, it must go through multiples of stops from the factory in mainland china to multiples of distributors, and then to storage warehouses of each e-tailer you buy it from. There are ample of opportunity for something to be drop and have something knocked loose despite passing QC.

Anyways, if people here have recommend it contrary to Amazon reviews, I would like to believe they are basing it actual PSU reviews that that hook it to an ATE, oscilloscope, etc. to test the electrical performance, as well as disassemble it to look at the design, components, and soldering quality. If that is the case, you should make your purchase based on their recommendation rather than looking at amazon reviews.

1 hour ago, quan289 said:

A few things to consider about reviews in general :

Amazon often have a single listing of multiple of similar product, where the quality can range from poor, low-end to excellent high quality units, so the low rating could be for an entirely different product.

Often times, if a product simply work, they would leave a positive review without any other consideration, when in reality, it's a piss-poor solution that can cause stability issue, reduce lifespan of components due to poor electrical performance, and may even be a fire hazard in the future. This is why you see a lot of Apevia, Coolmax, Diablotek, Raidmax (although they do have some decent units, but due to their reputation of cheating 80 Plus certification with a bait and switch, I'll never recommend them), etc. have an average of 4+ stars. On the other hand, for products that are more expensive, so if it works as they expect it should, they simply move on with their lives and not leave a review. But if they have a problem, you can expect them to leave a bad review 99% of the time. 20 bad reviews out of 46 may seem a lot (43.5%, and that also including bad reviews of the user themselves misrepresenting a product), but if they sold 4,000 units in that time frame, I would say that's pretty good for a 0.5% failure rate.

Of course, legitimate problems does happen. These are mass-produced productions have dozens of components in it, where hundreds or thousands of units are being made in a day. There are bound to be some problems that got slip pass QC/QA (it can be be both obvious or not), and it doesn't mean it is a flaw product. That's why there's a warranty in place, and what is important here is how the company will treat you when such problem arises.

Also, Dead On Arrivals (DOA), while can be extremely frustrating, is not an indicator of poor quality (although it can be an indicator of a poor packaging at the factory). Before it gets to your house, it must go through multiples of stops from the factory in mainland china to multiples of distributors, and then to storage warehouses of each e-tailer you buy it from. There are ample of opportunity for something to be drop and have something knocked loose despite passing QC.

Anyways, if people here have recommend it contrary to Amazon reviews, I would like to believe they are basing it actual PSU reviews that that hook it to an ATE, oscilloscope, etc. to test the electrical performance, as well as disassemble it to look at the design, components, and soldering quality. If that is the case, you should make your purchase based on their recommendation rather than looking at amazon reviews.

Your explanation is 100% logical, I ended up ordering a CM mwe 650w Gold and it will arrive in the next few days. Thank you all for your time and recommendations, you surely helped me make a choice!

On 8/2/2020 at 7:17 AM, Tr4ck3r said:

Hey, am also from Algeria

Still confused about Mwe gold 650 from Cooler master because of all the bad reviews it has on amazon. Though, everyone recommends it apart from the latter. 

Did you buy the bronze or the gold one? Any thoughts?

Oui l gold mliha ana rah njib  FSP HYPER M85+ bronze  nchlh we both get good ones xD

Oui l gold mliha ana rah njib  FSP HYPER M85+ bronze  nchlh we both get good ones xD

CM bronze v2 is better than the fsp hyper according to Psu tier list. I'd go for the cooler master If I were you.

6 hours ago, Tr4ck3r said:

CM bronze v2 is better than the fsp hyper according to Psu tier list. I'd go for the cooler master If I were you.

l prblm raho f drahem :/ hadak li kayen en plus même l fsp drk rani nhws masbtch min nchriha