Ryzen 7 pro 4750g ALREADY has DDR4 At 6234MHz.

Helpful Tech Witch

Summary

An extremely overclocker has already acheaved over 6000mhz (when do we start using ghz?) on a Ryzen 7 pro 4750g (AMD, I thought you were better than Intel at naming CPUs). This can be chalked up to, oh it's only a 1134mhz boost, but this isnt even a week, and we have this.

Quotes

According to the YouTube video, the overclocker used a single stick of Crucial-branded DDR4-5100 memory with a capacity of 8GB. The part number BLM8G51C19U4B.M8FN1 showed up on MSI's memory support list for the MPG B550 Gaming Carbon WiFi motherboard. It's a single-sided module that leverages Micron's N-die chips and runs at 1.45V. To hit DDR4-6234, the overclocker loosened the timings to CL24-27-27-58 T1.

My thoughts

I really wonder what will happen if this Ryzen seven pro four seven five zero g in the weeks to come. I don't know if the 6666mhz record can be beaten, but it looks like it may be. And soon

Sources

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-4000-renoirs-memory-controller-is-scary-good?_gl=1*k8jkl0*_ga*YW1wLXVwdGlNd0Q2VVlYVXVta3pvcDVkUHlxU1ozOGdsVjY2c2p3UXpsdmJMRjQ0WjhrZHc2V2Q0SHZLWFVkdlZjb18.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

the overclocker used a single stick of Crucial-branded DDR4-5100

Jesus

4 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

CL24

I wonder if the performance ends up evening out or if there's a real world benefit to any of this...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Buildzoid Overclocked 11 out of 12 of his 8GB E-die 3000MHz/3200MHz sticks to 5+GHz on a crappy motherboard. 

IDK anything about N-die, but I also have E-die 4x16GB Dual Rank and I was able to boot at 4000MHz, those are 3200MHz XMP sticks.

If N-die is that much better than E-die in pushing clocks up, I also wonder how is its tRFC timings because on E-die they are usually quite high. 

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Jesus

I wonder if the performance ends up evening out or if there's a real world benefit to any of this...

yeah, especially since we know Ryzen loves fast ram

Also (correct me if wrong) but dosent the Infinity fabric max out at about 1.8Ghz? Running memory uncoupled from it probably isnt great...

Just now, deepsurfer said:

yeah, especially since we know Ryzen loves fast ram

Also (correct me if wrong) but dosent the Infinity fabric max out at about 1.8Ghz? Running memory uncoupled from it probably isnt great...

renoir is better at it, people already got 2100mhz IF clocks

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Jesus

cas latency is measured in cycles. Normally, 3000mhz @ CL15 would be 15 cycles / (3000*10^6) seconds, or 5 nanoseconds. 6000mhz @ CL24 would be 24/(6000*10^6) = 4 nanoseconds.

This is a signature.

43 minutes ago, Raytsou said:

cas latency is measured in cycles. Normally, 3000mhz @ CL15 would be 15 cycles / (3000*10^6) seconds, or 5 nanoseconds. 6000mhz @ CL24 would be 24/(6000*10^6) = 4 nanoseconds.

Yeah I guess 24 is still decent... but there's definitely a point of diminishing returns somewhere

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

12 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Yeah I guess 24 is still decent... but there's definitely a point of diminishing returns somewhere

Even if the latency is just a tad lower, the bandwidth is still massively increased 

I never really cared much about RAM speed. Most likely because I've been on triple and quad channel memory for like 12 years now. On X58 I had 1600MHz RAM which was nothing super speedy vs 1333MHz which was the baseline iirc. Now I'm on X99 with 2400MHz and I even overclocked it to 2666MHz. More like because I could, not because I was in a great need for it.

I guess I'll have to care again if I'll go back to dual channel again. But even then, sweet spot for anything Ryzen this moment is 3600-3700MHz. Buying or overclocking past that gives you such insignificant gains it's just not worth it.

15 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I never really cared much about RAM speed. Most likely because I've been on triple and quad channel memory for like 12 years now. On X58 I had 1600MHz RAM which was nothing super speedy vs 1333MHz which was the baseline iirc. Now I'm on X99 with 2400MHz and I even overclocked it to 2666MHz. More like because I could, not because I was in a great need for it.

I guess I'll have to care again if I'll go back to dual channel again. But even then, sweet spot for anything Ryzen this moment is 3600-3700MHz. Buying or overclocking past that gives you such insignificant gains it's just not worth it.

That's because the FCLK was the limit as it topped out at 1800-1900. With Renoir holding over 2000 FCLK, DDR4-4000 could be the new sweet spot for best performance on Zen 2 AapUs and even Zen 3

It's why I said "anything Ryzen THIS moment". There are reviewers who test memory scaling for each generation and you can easily make a RAM buying decision based on that.

That feel when your RAM is higher Mhz then your CPU.
... Yeah I know its Double data rate so its actually 3117mhz, but that is still approaching CPU frequencies.

On 7/22/2020 at 4:31 AM, Sauron said:

Jesus

It is single channel. Any 3200MT memory in dual channel would likely outperform it.