.kuus file extension added to all files

IDK what happened happened to my desktop, i was playing GTAV and suddenly my desktop did a random reboot and all my files are changed to this and i cant open any of them

Sounds like your files have been encrypted by ransomware. Wipe the drives, reinstall windows and restore the files from a backup.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, WhyThereIsAPieOverHead said:

IDK what happened happened to my desktop, i was playing GTAV and suddenly my desktop did a random reboot and all my files are changed to this and i cant open any of them

I am sorry to say my dude but you got ransomware.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

Just now, WhyThereIsAPieOverHead said:

i didint have a bakup

Biggest F then. Not possible to recover your files unless you pay the hackers which I don't suggest.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

Could try and give this a shot... if not, put on your big boy/girl pants and tell your parents and reinstall windows.

https://howtofix.guide/kuus-files-decrypt/

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

.kuus is one of the online 2020 versions, so no decryption possible.

https://geeksadvice.com/decrypt-files-locked-by-stop-djvu-ransomware-virus/

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

My man there is no way around. You won't get your files back even if you pay, at least thats what I learned during wannacry crisis. You have to wipe disk and to reinstall windows to get rid of virus, and sad truth is that, you can't really uncript files anymore

15 minutes ago, WhyThereIsAPieOverHead said:

i cant let my parents know

because they work on the same pc

Too late, the damage has already happened.

Now, I'm making an assumption here: you have downloaded some pirated stuff, like e.g. a pirated game, haven't you? That's a really good way of getting yourself infected, so, in the future, stop downloading pirated stuff, if you don't want this to happen again.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

is restore point gonna help because i have a restore point right before the virus came in

Nope.

Time to talk to your parents.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, WhyThereIsAPieOverHead said:

is restore point gonna help because i have a restore point right before the virus came in

No. A restore-point only saves Windows's own files, not any files that aren't related to Windows. Also, ransomware typically also mess with restore-points, so it'd unlikely fix anything at all.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I have gone to a place where I have everything important backed up elsewhere, nothing is done local and not mirrored off the PC, all my important old stuff is cold stored off the PC too just in case. I can pretty much rebuild the last 15 years of computing.

I had an issue way back in around 2005, not virus but hard drive error and lost about 3 years of stuff. Thankfully nothing important or worth having around, just game screenshots and some photos from the time. I’m really not that bothered about them as have plenty of good memories still and non digital phots from the time. Other people had phots too so the gap was filled easily.

My PC is pretty dumb, it just has programs on it and I can wipe it and go back to normal running in a couple of days.

I keep planning to test this however, as you never know until you really do it or it happens!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

how about reinstalling win 10 without removing files

You've been told multiple times now: no, there is no way of fixing the files. Reinstalling Windows, restoring from a restore-point, renaming the files -- none of it will fix them. They are gone, you're not getting any of them back without actual, proper backups.

This would "make windows work" (although it already still works since the ransomeware is careful about not breaking it) but all documents are gone. And your PC would still be infected, so any new file would get encrypted too.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

It's going to be now...

Turn off the PC NOW and have it brought to a professional so there is a chance some of your parents' documents which I would assume are pretty important can still be recovered.

F@H

GPD Win 2

6 minutes ago, WhyThereIsAPieOverHead said:

wait... i found every thing on my parent's account was'nt affected

THey are almost certainly affected to. How many times do we have to tell you: turn off the computer and go to your parents?

1 minute ago, WhyThereIsAPieOverHead said:

i put all fils in their accout in to a archive and put it in my google drive

Mate, turn off the computer and let a professional handle it. The longer the PC is running, the longer the malware has time to work on it!

Been said many times, let me do it once again to make the point clear:

TURN THE THING OFF ASAP

1. Shut down.
  2. Talk to your parents and tell them what has happened.
  3. Speak to your parents about what important files are on the computer they need to keep
  4. Boot in to safe mode.
  5. Then from safe mode try copying your parents files over to a flash drive.
  6. Wipe the drives and reinstall windows

Just be careful sticking that drive in to any other PCs as you might infect them too.

Still a pretty good chance that those files are already or will be infected, but may as well give it a try since you're screwed either way.

You're still going to need to tell your parents and wipe your PC.