Russia invades Crimeea

Nineshadow

Sigh... this is very disappointing... people need to learn to gather information themselves besides just plainly believing whatever is displayed to them by media outlets. This saddens me... 

That's easier said than done. Most of the russian media is being controlled by the russian government. The last independent news channels were shut down last year. Now they only serve a purpose for spreading propaganda. If you read any of the russian news articles, they give you totally different view of things that happens in Ukraine. So people are fed misinformation. Sadly many of the russian people do not have an internet access, so they rely solely on the local media.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

That's easier said than done. Most of the russian media is being controlled by the russian government. The last independent news channels were shut down last year. Now they only serve a purpose for spreading propaganda. If you read any of the russian news articles, they give you totally different view of things that happens in Ukraine. So people are fed misinformation. Sadly many of the russian people do not have an internet access, so they rely solely on the local media.

I know its easier said than done and that's also one of the things that sadden me, everyone should be allowed the ability to access information from different perspectives to observe, analyze and evaluate. So many problems stem from mis-communication, misinformation, and lack of understanding of said topics.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Propaganda at it best

And people in Crimea really believe this. And there is really similar stuff on Russian TV - brainwashing. 

And then there are videos like these:

I'm not entirely sure, what happens in the video. Some of the finnish media claims that those people getting beaten are ukrainian government workers. The extremists are apparently russians. Some say that the rogue russian groups are trying to provocate ukrainian people into conflict with Russia.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

This is a very big deal. Russia is positioning its spy ship(s) so that it can keep an eye on us. They are trying to force our hand by invading the Ukraine (in direct violation of quite a few things, as well as the "red line" drawn by our POTUS).

You'd be a fool to think they don't have subs off the coast, or that ship sailing around all the time. The US does the same thing.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Nope. Even in rural area only those who hunt game animals have firearms (if somehow bear is coming at you, the only thing you can do is run. They're a rare sight though). Maybe some people at rural areas carry a knife around, but almost never in even small villages (it's forbidden to carry a knife in the public while visible, but you can have how big and dangerous knife you want in the woods / home / not in public).

Farmers can carry rifles to kill foxes as livestock are often killed by foxes. Not completely sure about the knife laws but I believe you can carry a knife but the blade must be under 2 inches long, something like a pocket knife.

You'd be a fool to think they don't have subs off the coast, or that ship sailing around all the time. The US does the same thing.

There is a difference between having ship movement in a time of peace and ship movement in a time of potential war.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

This is not only sad but also really scary for the future. International politics, but past and present has always been of great interest to me and this conflict right here will be very important for future events the next 10+ years. Russia will continue to make one provocation after an another until they get something that they can use as an excuse for war. Georgia unfortunately complied with that very easily, but Ukraine has not yet.

I personally think that yanukovych spoiled Putins plan quite a bit. Putin wanted him to stay in place, and manage the fallout so the pieces fell like he wanted too. yanukovych then bolted, and things happened too fast. 

Russia gets some and some economic power due to stuff like a continued stronger grip on europe's gas deliveries. Gazprom keeps getting more and more deals in western europe. We have seen how Russia uses that to exercise their control. Ukraine pays almost double the rate for gas than Belarus does for instance.

This is going to end so freaking bad. I am normally NOT a hawk who thinks that if you just act like a high school bully and look STRONG, you will somehow acomplish things. Reagan was plenty strong and a lot of shit didn't go like they wanted anyway. But in this case, there needs to be some very tough actions, or this will continue to happen.

Why I fear that we won't see enough pressure applied by the west?

This from the guardian today.:

"UK seeking to ensure Russia sanctions do not harm City of London

Government document photographed outside No 10 states that 'London's financial centre' should not be closed to Russians."

And there we have it. This is the problem. The west is owned by corporations who have one moral. Make as much fucking money as possible.

Btw.

I LOVE that linus tech tips is not invaded by Russian propaganda. I don't know what the hell they are doing but they have been spamming every single major newspapers comment section with posts for the last 4-5 weeks.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

#better than bieber

This is very bad.

P.S.: Why do I get ads for "7cent calls to Ukraine"?

i'm a potato

This is not only sad but also really scary for the future. International politics, but past and present has always been of great interest to me and this conflict right here will be very important for future events the next 10+ years. Russia will continue to make one provocation after an another until they get something that they can use as an excuse for war. Georgia unfortunately complied with that very easily, but Ukraine has not yet.

I personally think that yanukovych spoiled Putins plan quite a bit. Putin wanted him to stay in place, and manage the fallout so the pieces fell like he wanted too. yanukovych then bolted, and things happened too fast. 

Russia gets some and some economic power due to stuff like a continued stronger grip on europe's gas deliveries. Gazprom keeps getting more and more deals in western europe. We have seen how Russia uses that to exercise their control. Ukraine pays almost double the rate for gas than Belarus does for instance.

This is going to end so freaking bad. I am normally NOT a hawk who thinks that if you just act like a high school bully and look STRONG, you will somehow acomplish things. Reagan was plenty strong and a lot of shit didn't go like they wanted anyway. But in this case, there needs to be some very tough actions, or this will continue to happen.

Why I fear that we won't see enough pressure applied by the west?

This from the guardian today.:

"UK seeking to ensure Russia sanctions do not harm City of London

Government document photographed outside No 10 states that 'London's financial centre' should not be closed to Russians."

And there we have it. This is the problem. The west is owned by corporations who have one moral. Make as much fucking money as possible.

Btw.

I LOVE that linus tech tips is not invaded by Russian propaganda. I don't know what the hell they are doing but they have been spamming every single major newspapers comment section with posts for the last 4-5 weeks.

i couldnt have stated this stuff any better

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

#better than bieber

This is very bad.

P.S.: Why do I get ads for "7cent calls to Ukraine"?

google

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

i couldnt have stated this stuff any better

Thanks.......This actually makes the case even better

http://global3.memecdn.com/current-events-in-ukraine_webm_2895619.webm

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Btw.

They even censored Oscar ceremony - they cut out Jared Leto speech

Britain would protect its bases in Gibraltar, Malta and the Falklands. America would protect Pearl Harbor, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and Guantanamo. Why the surprise when Russia protects its base in Sebastopol?

all i can think is.. if the USA go into a cold war 2.0 with russia.. ALL I WANT IS A SPACE RACE 2.0. Fund NASA like back in the apollo era and advance!!

Russia has just test fired an Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile... It would appear that Putin is daring the rest of the world to do something.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/03/04/russia-test-fires-intercontinental-ballistic-missile-report-says/

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Propaganda at it best

Not my translations but gives idea for those who doesn't understand Russian:

And people in Crimea really believe this. And there is really similar stuff on Russian TV - brainwashing. 

Same woman - different story each time

Bh43Q-NIUAA9G8P.jpg

Russia has just test fired an Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile... It would appear that Putin is daring the rest of the world to do something.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/03/04/russia-test-fires-intercontinental-ballistic-missile-report-says/

Or they are just testing weapons they have spent lots of money developing? Russia is doing nothing wrong, and you should perhaps stop believing everythign you read in the mainstream media.

And then here I am, tucked away at the bottom of the world, peaceful as it should be :3

#!

Or they are just testing weapons they have spent lots of money developing? Russia is doing nothing wrong, and you should perhaps stop believing everythign you read in the mainstream media.

I guess every one should just ignore you...

And then here I am, tucked away at the bottom of the world, peaceful as it should be :3

Do you have tornados or earthquakes there? Anyway sounds good.

I guess every one should just ignore you...

Based on what? Im using facts instead of regurgitating the mainstream medias agenda?

am i the only one that is excited for a war i mean i have never experienced a war and i dont know what the hell im talking about it but still im realy excited for a war 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Based on what? Im using facts instead of regurgitating the mainstream medias agenda?

Because you sound just like some highly censored mainstream media in some highly non democratic country.

they broke an agreement... they volentaird to "put away" there nukes but in excanged they wanted that they will alwase keep there land 

im kinda explaining it wrong but it is true 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Sooo sicne there's gona be a WW3 soon....who do you think will win? Russia or Murica?

My bet's on MUUUUURICA FUCK YEEEAAA COOOOMING AGAIN TO SAVE THE MUTHAFUCKIN DAY!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M