Russia invades Crimeea

Nineshadow

Provoking what exactly, i'm just stating what I know.

ummm you quoted the wrong post there.

and it isn't just about russian speaking Ukrainians,it runs much more deeper than that. For example ukrainians feel that Russia has suppressed the growth of Ukraine.There's so much factors, Sorry if I have upset anyone or said anything that anyone may find offensive.

"My Profile Picture Says Everything You Need To Know About Life"

So here's my problem with all of these posts and all the news agencies saying Russia invaded Ukraine is that:

Yanukovich asked Putin to send troops to keep the peace.

How in the hell can someone judge another countries actions without knowing the reasoning behind it?

So here's my problem with all of these posts and all the news agencies saying Russia invaded Ukraine is that:

Yanukovich asked Putin to send troops to keep the peace.

How in the hell can someone judge another countries actions without knowing the reasoning behind it?

ya must have missed that clip of that russian news tv presenter having a good rant saying military intervention is wrong on air. The point is really wether Yanukovich is still legally entitled to do that in the eyes of the international community.

ya must have missed that clip of that russian news tv presenter having a good rant saying military intervention is wrong. The point is really wether Yanukovich is still legally entitled to do that in the eyes of the international community.

As the president of the country he can do whatever the hell he wants without consent from another country. 

As the president of the country he can do whatever the hell he wants without consent from another country.

not if he embezzles money from people.

Also how is his son becoming half a billionaire in less than 5 years. (http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-articles/five-years-ago-humble-dentist-kiev-today-hes-worth-500-million-oh-btw-dad-president-ukrainane/)

The question (well, one question) is whether or not he's still legally the president.

Opinions are.. divided, to say the least.

Also: Another friendly request to keep this civil from your local resident overlord

mod. The general tone of this thread has been mostly acceptable so far, let's

keep it that way please. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

But is he still the president though, depends on who you ask, in kiev and most of the western world people would probably say no, in eastern ukrain and russia im guessing the answer is yes even if he's not the most liked, he might be prefered to whats now on offer in kiev If he'ed stayed till the end of year there would have been presidental elections per the agreement that was drawn up when the caretaker government was formed how those elections would have gone we'll never know. Now that he disappeared forcing the appointment of an interim president then reappeared things are in a very grey area. Was he the victim of an armed coup, or subject to democratic action of the people's of the ukrain. If its the former then he's a deposed leader requesting assistance from an allied power. If its the later...

Also how is his son becoming half a billionaire in less than 5 years. (http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-articles/five-years-ago-humble-dentist-kiev-today-hes-worth-500-million-oh-btw-dad-president-ukrainane/)

unfrotunatly a good chunk of politicians are a no so honest anymore the uk just finished sending a few too jail in the wake of the expenses scandal, best way to deal with it isto exercise democratic rights if they screw up elect a new government at the next elections

Embezzling money is illegal, yes, but he if he can't keep his country somewhat orderly then there will be a lot more problems in the future.

The question (well, one question) is whether or not he's still legally the president.

Opinions are.. divided, to say the least.

Also: Another friendly request to keep this civil from your local resident overlord

mod. The general tone of this thread has been mostly acceptable so far, let's

keep it that way please. :)

I understand, just saying that a president of one country doesn't need to get permission from someone half way around the world of who they can and cannot talk to.

But is he still the president though, depends on who you ask, in kiev and most of the western world people would probably say no, in eastern ukrain and russia im guessing the answer is yes even if he's not the most liked, he might be prefered to whats now on offer in kiev If he'ed stayed till the end of year there would have been presidental elections per the agreement that was drawn up when the caretaker government was formed how those elections would have gone we'll never know. Now that he disappeared forcing the appointment of an interim president then reappeared things are in a very grey area. Was he the victim of an armed coup, or subject to democratic action of the people's of the ukrain. If its the former then he's a deposed leader requesting assistance from an allied power. If its the later...

The government should have just done what they people wanted in the first place and let that be it, but they didn't and it's causing problems. I'm not happy about Russia sending troops to keep the peace because they haven't done such a good job about that (East Berlin for example) but I'd rather have Russia there than say the United States.

Russia is going into Crimea under the guise of protecting Ukrainian-Russians but what they're really doing is for their own economic/military benefit. Like the U.S. that went into Iraq under the guise of saving the population from an evil dictator but instead was just looking for some oil. It's the same old dance.

I understand, just saying that a president of one country doesn't need to get permission from someone half way around the world of who they can and cannot talk to.

It's alright to disagree and argue, and obviously this is a subject

many people feel very passionate about, so arguing can get a bit

heated at times, that's understandable.

If it went too far though the thread would have to be locked, which

would be a shame considering that overall this has been a pretty

good discussion so far.

The aim of my post was to remind people to keep a level head to

prevent that from happening, since a few pages back there were

some posts which required editing/removal to keep things respectable.

Carry on disagreeing and arguing with each other, just don't let it

get to personal attacks, profanity outbursts and so on. :)

(or, to quote the CoC: "Don't be a dick." )

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Does anyone really think Russia went about this the right way? Surely if they believed the Russian speaking Ukrainian citizens were in danger, there would be another way to appeal to the UN or whoever else so they could properly consider whether the citizens were in danger and act accordingly, rather than invading the peninsula. I don't claim to know much about this subject at all, but I can't seem to get past this point. Regardless of which side you fall on, do you agree Russia went about this the wrong way?

I saw this a day or two on the news and my dad says that Russia is trying to keep them in there sphere of influence is he right

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I saw this a day or two on the news and my dad says that Russia is trying to keep them in there sphere of influence is he right

thats basically what it looks like they are doing. but their reasoning is that they are protecting the Russian speaking Ukrainians. this that is like saying that there were WMD's in the middle east back when america invaded that area. and russia also made the Ukrainian army in that region surrender their weapons. if they are there to protect Ukrainians i dont think they had to surrender the local army. ofcourse the Ukraine army did imean they arent nearly as powerful enough to combat the 2nd or 3rd super power.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Does anyone really think Russia went about this the right way? Surely if they believed the Russian speaking Ukrainian citizens were in danger, there would be another way to appeal to the UN or whoever else so they could properly consider whether the citizens were in danger and act accordingly, rather than invading the peninsula. I don't claim to know much about this subject at all, but I can't seem to get past this point. Regardless of which side you fall on, do you agree Russia went about this the wrong way?

Russia from my opinion went about this in a good and bad way for example threatening to raise gas because Ukraine wanted to join the Europe is really bad and reminds me of a playground/break time bully wanting what he wants and picks on smaller countries when he doesnt get it. But russian troops have ensured abit of peace to some extent.Soo I'm undecided about who's in the right and wrong :S. There's just so many reasons this is happening e.g. Illegitimate president, people rioting against the government and each other, The last president being a total ******, Russian troops in crimea and I bet there's more factors that public is unaware, the conflict is very complex to say the least.

Does anyone really think Russia went about this the right way? Surely if they believed the Russian speaking Ukrainian citizens were in danger, there would be another way to appeal to the UN or whoever else so they could properly consider whether the citizens were in danger and act accordingly, rather than invading the peninsula. I don't claim to know much about this subject at all, but I can't seem to get past this point. Regardless of which side you fall on, do you agree Russia went about this the wrong way?

thats basically what it looks like they are doing. but their reasoning is that they are protecting the Russian speaking Ukrainians. this that is like saying that there were WMD's in the middle east back when america invaded that area. and russia also made the Ukrainian army in that region surrender their weapons. if they are there to protect Ukrainians i dont think they had to surrender the local army. ofcourse the Ukraine army did imean they arent nearly as powerful enough to combat the 2nd or 3rd super power.

I think occupying another country is wrong. They have military bases in the Ukraine, yes, but they should have stayed in them instead of rolling into cities.

Their reasoning behind protecting Russian speaking citizens isn't really a valid one. I hadn't heard of any violence towards them (then again, we're a victim of the media as much as any other country and it bothers me deeply). I'd like to think it's not as bad as US media but, who am I to say if that's true or not. All media is biased.

Consider this: In the beginnings of WW2, it was a port city (similar to the reason Crimea is sought after by Russia) that had been annexed from Germany that played a vital role. This city was largely German speaking. Hitler used it as a reason to invade. Sound at all familiar?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this is WW3 kicking off, but it does sound like a bit of ethnic nationalism.

Let's not forget that Russia had signed a treaty stating that it wouldn't do exactly what it's doing right now.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Russia is going into Crimea under the guise of protecting Ukrainian-Russians but what they're really doing is for their own economic/military benefit. Like the U.S. that went into Iraq under the guise of saving the population from an evil dictator but instead was just looking for some oil. It's the same old dance.

what?

U.S. never intend to "save" the population from evil dictator as you proclaim. The reason why U.S. invaded Iraq was because of WMD in which they failed to found.

I am not defending U.S. as they used DU rounds which polluted the area for eternity and leads to many birth defects and fatalities both on local population and service men and women.

also, "the same old dance" about invading for oil is pure B.S. if you use your common sense, just go to the nearest Gas station and look at the current prices or heck even the price history. Also, if you looked at facts, it is not U.S. that benefited from oil, it was China.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

President Putin's Fiction: 10 False Claims About Ukraine

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2014/03/222988.htm

"The 1997 agreement requires Russia to respect Ukraine’s territorial integrity. Russia’s military actions in Ukraine, which have given them operational control of Crimea, are in clear violation of Ukraine’s territorial integrity and sovereignty."

They said they would respect Romania's territorial integrity in 1877 too.We even helped them fight the Turks(especially at Plevna) and then they got some of our territory(counties : Ismail,Bolograd,Cahul).They're also the reason Romania and Moldova aren't a single country.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I feel a little uncomfortable living in Norway atm. As you see... Russia and Norway aren't realy "great friends"........

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

I feel a little uncomfortable living in Norway atm. As you see... Russia and Norway aren't realy "great friends"........

You could use Sweden and Finland as a large meatshield (Sort of...) :lol:

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.