Russia invades Crimeea

Nineshadow

I hope that at least Angela Merkel can calm her tits and not participate in this conflict.

btw:

USA invades countries: no one bats an eye

Russia invades a country: (O.o)

I'm pretty sure eyes were batted when we went into Iraq...

World's largest protest was over the Iraq war.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

Yeah some of the police are pretty wild, but I suppose you get that everywhere and not just Australia. But most of the cops I have come across were actually pretty friendly. Possibly the finest moment in the history of law enforcement in all of man kind.

just-waiting-for-a-mate.jpg

No, the animals themselves keep the criminals in check.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Hahaha very true its surprising Australia doesn't have a really high crime rate considering many peoples ancestors are criminals.

Or would it be because of Australia's govt is forbidding everything ''potentially dangerous''?  :D

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Or would it be because of Australia's govt is forbidding everything ''potentially dangerous''?  :D

I suppose that is true, like we aren't allowed guns unless you have a valid reason like hunting or target shooting. Even if you have a valid reason you have to fill out 30 pages of information which would be enough to turn anyone off. One thing that annoys me about the government is you need a gun license to own a BB gun which is pretty outrageous.

I suppose that is true, like we aren't allowed guns unless you have a valid reason like hunting or target shooting. Even if you have a valid reason you have to fill out 30 pages of information which would be enough to turn anyone off. One thing that annoys me about the government is you need a gun license to own a BB gun which is pretty outrageous.

To some extent it's a bit same here in Finland: you'll only get gun licences for hunting (with mostly .308 Win calibers at max, rarely anything higher for rifles) and target shooting (almost only .22 LR caliber allowing firearm licences with pistols having a separate licence to rifles of the same caliber). At least we can own BB guns with just IDs proving that the owner is +18 years old.

But you can still have bows without any licences in Australia (or can you)? :D

And sorry OP for de-railing the thread.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I normally can't be bothered to care, but there's a famous person I have a bit of a star struck interest in whom lives in Odessa, Ukraine. I don't know the whole situation but I hope she's ok.

To some extent it's a bit same here in Finland: you'll only get gun licences for hunting (with mostly .308 Win calibers at max, rarely anything higher for rifles) and target shooting (almost only .22 LR caliber allowing firearm licences with pistols having a separate licence to rifles of the same caliber). At least we can own BB guns with just IDs proving that the owner is +18 years old.

But you can still have bows without any licences in Australia (or can you)? :D

And sorry OP for de-railing the thread.

Well I have a friend who has a junior gun license (Under 18 years old) which he uses for target shooting and his license permits him to own rifles and shotguns. With gun licenses they have different types like category A is pistols, pump action shotguns and rifles and then there is B,C,D,E... In Australia we can own bows without a license but not crossbows or paint ball guns which we have to have a license for.

Well I have a friend who has a junior gun license (Under 18 years old) which he uses for target shooting and his license permits him to own rifles and shotguns. With gun licenses they have different types like category A is pistols, pump action shotguns and rifles and then there is B,C,D,E... In Australia we can own bows without a license but not crossbows or paint ball guns which we have to have a license for.

Paintball guns require a licence but bows don't... Your govt sure has some smart people...

(we can have even crossbows, paintball guns and airsoft guns without licences, only for adults though)

Paintball guns require a licence but bows don't... Your govt sure has some smart people...

(we can have even crossbows, paintball guns and airsoft guns without licences, only for adults though)

Wow you can get crossbows without a license that's pretty crazy as they are pretty dangerous. Do people out in the rural areas carry guns to protect themselves from bears because I heard recently someone died from a bear attack?

Let's say you get lost in the wild.You craft yourself a bow to hunt animals.Somehow,you are found by some people and then you get arrested for using a weapon without licence.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Show me a country where the elections aren't faked...

Mine for one

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Wow you can get crossbows without a license that's pretty crazy as they are pretty dangerous. Do people out in the rural areas carry guns to protect themselves from bears because I heard recently someone died from a bear attack?

Nope. Even in rural area only those who hunt game animals have firearms (if somehow bear is coming at you, the only thing you can do is run. They're a rare sight though). Maybe some people at rural areas carry a knife around, but almost never in even small villages (it's forbidden to carry a knife in the public while visible, but you can have how big and dangerous knife you want in the woods / home / not in public).

Dang... this is gonna suck real bad... really hope they can resolve this without major conflict or getting other nations involved directly....

Thanks to this all the US stocks are dropping today making it really hard for me to work....

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Dang... this is gonna suck real bad... really hope they can resolve this without major conflict or getting other nations involved directly....

Thanks to this all the US stocks are dropping today making it really hard for me to work....

Well, this is almost the same situation when Germany invaded Czechoslovakia and other nations didn't want to be involved either. As then where with Germans now  there is mythical danger to ethnic Russians which is total BS.

Well, this is almost the same situation when Germany invaded Czechoslovakia and other nations didn't want to be involved either. As then where with Germans now  there is mythical danger to ethnic Russians which is total BS.

Mythical danger to ethnic Russians? Please enlighten me. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

this is going to get ugly

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Mythical danger to ethnic Russians? Please enlighten me. 

There is nothing to enlighten about - there is no real reason for Russians to be there. Even if there had been chance of civil war -  it's independent country.

There is nothing to enlighten about - there is no real reason for Russians to be there. Even if there had been chance of civil war -  it's independent country.

You mentioned Germans, I was confused. I know what your talking about now lol. 

You mentioned Germans, I was confused. I know what your talking about now lol. 

And then there's Soviet Union invading Finland. Basically because it could be possible to use artillery to shoot at Leningrad... 

Not a huge deal. Russia and Cuba have always had a strong relationship.

This is a very big deal. Russia is positioning its spy ship(s) so that it can keep an eye on us. They are trying to force our hand by invading the Ukraine (in direct violation of quite a few things, as well as the "red line" drawn by our POTUS).

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Is it just me.. or is this starting to feel a bit like this?

5e8775de48me-bro_jpg_zps3f7c137a.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Propaganda at it best

Not my translations but gives idea for those who doesn't understand Russian:

Ukrainians from Odessa asking for help of Russian Federation.

They all are already labeled by ukrainian fascist regime as traitors and if they return home to Odessa now they are gona be shot dead by regime policais. Fascist who taken over ukrainian government threatening ukr people by shooting them and kidnapping their children. People on the video literally sneaked from odessa at night turning off their cellphones e.t.c. because if anyone leaves fascist regime are labeled as traitors and gonna be shot dead. Also ukrainian fascist regime demands 50% of peoples posessions, they already took posessions of elderly people who can't defend themselves(there are no RF presence in Odessa, so nobody defends ukrainian people from fascist regime). Also people who speak russian goes to jail as they say.

And people in Crimea really believe this. And there is really similar stuff on Russian TV - brainwashing. 

Propaganda at it best

Not my translations but gives idea for those who doesn't understand Russian:

And people in Crimea really believe this. And there is really similar stuff on Russian TV - brainwashing. 

Sigh... this is very disappointing... people need to learn to gather information themselves besides just plainly believing whatever is displayed to them by media outlets. This saddens me... 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26424738#TWEET1060896

Russia demands surrender of Ukraine's Crimea forces

Russia's military has given Ukrainian forces in Crimea until dawn on Tuesday to surrender or face an assault, Ukrainian defence sources have said.

Interesting message the Russians are sending, "we are only here to make sure that your military weapons do not fall into the hands of the extremists, but your military should also walk away from all of their current positions."

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro