Russia invades Crimeea

Nineshadow

You could use Sweden and Finland as a large meatshield (Sort of...) :lol:

Im sure theres a swedish meatball jokein there somewhere

You could use Sweden and Finland as a large meatshield (Sort of...) :lol:

Yes :) I realy REALY hope this doesent end up in a world war... 

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

Off topic.

To those who said that the US army protected the Iraqi citizens from Hussein. (I didn't remember the user who said that).

I don't think it made things "better" to the population of Iraq, because after the government of that country became "unstable", like presidential elections almost every year and since terrorism could rise and do what they are best at and that is to spread terror in that country and making the life of a neutral citizen quite like a living hell. 

Things escalated there really badly and even when I'm fully supporting the US army for risking their valuable lives for protecting the last bits where it's still safe.

Unfortunately not every Iraqi person agrees with me because of this. 

If you ask someone who had born, congratulated for university and worked in Iraq and made them choose which period of time was better than most of them will say before the war, when Hussein was in power.

It was when you can move and work without getting death threats and your close colleges getting killed because of their religion, point of view or other. 

Back on topic. 

It's quite hard now to choose which media source is telling the truth, because when I'm watching Russia Today and compare it with Euronews and most of the Dutch news broadcasts then I can tell that couple of things aren't said correctly. Since I live in continental Europe, I'm getting extra feared when Barack Obama said that they were "violating international laws" and nagging about Russia, I really hope that this doesn't escalate lake the fear we had in the Cold War. 

Man what a great time to live in   :(

Edited by Simmytu

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

This happens every day in Russia:

l9Ne3Zy.gif

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Still better than a rocket following you every single footstep. 

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

[Russian dashboard cam .gif vol. 9001]

The dashboard cam videos... Almost every single video is Russian... Some of them are funny / cool though.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

EA hates talking about this

Well, we are much more generous here (so don't anyone start complainin' :D )

As somebody who has Russian friends, I can promise you that it does not. ;)

Although when they visited us last fall they seemed rather amused by the skewed

image they have acquired in the western internet sphere. But traffic in Russia

really isn't that extraordinarily more crazy than in other countries, we just

seem to pay a lot of attention to the craziness part of it.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

-snip-

Just kidding.Mother Russia has quite some reputation.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It's going to be like the United States and the Soviet Union...Only if Obama doesn't wimp out or be Putin's bitch.

Except this isn't about competing ideology.

Except this isn't about competing ideology.

they should have another space race. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Russia just pulled a 180 and went back to being soviet union. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I agree, though a 7legged race involving esa, nasa, soivet and chinese space agencies

I agree, though a 7legged race involving esa, nasa, soivet and chinese space agencies

2 places where research is scarce. space and sea. if only the power wielding leaders of the world would understand 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Just imagine those hundreds of billions of dollars of today's defense budgets

going to research/science (space, sea, w/e), wouldn't that be amazing. :wub:

(yes, I'm fully aware of hot utterly unrealistic that is for a multitude of reasons, but a guy can dream)

2 places where research is scarce. space and sea. if only the power wielding leaders of the world would understand 

They understand, I think. They just don't really care. :(

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Just imagine those hundreds of billions of dollars of today's defense budgets

going to research/science (space, sea, w/e), wouldn't that be amazing. :wub:

(yes, I'm fully aware of hot utterly unrealistic that is for a multitude of reasons, but a guy can dream)

They understand, I think. They just don't really care. :(

i guess. When your young and just starting out school you hear all these amazing stories and things about how amazing the world is. But then u realize that life isn't simcity.

I started wondering today if the Russia actually is going to take Finland also :( They have started to take more soldiers to the Finland and Russian border. This is interesting and scary.

|OscillosC Build|+ Raspberry Pi [NAS] + Another G5 + Personal + HTPC: Asus Z87-A - Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.5ghz 1.15v - Noctua NH-D14 - Gigabyte Radeon HD7870 OC @ 1170mhz core- Kingston HyperX 8gb 1600mhz CL9 - Samsung 840 PRO 128Gb SSD for Windows- Kingston V300 120gb for Ubuntu- WD Caviar Black 1Tb For games and programs - WD Caviar Green 2Tb For videos, photos, music, and backups- Seasonic P660 XP2 Platinum - Windows 8.1 PRO - Ubuntu 14.04 - Modded Bitfenix Ghost

I started wondering today if the Russia actually is going to take Finland also :( They have started to take more soldiers to the Finland and Russian border. This is interesting and scary.

I understand your discomfort with a Russian buildup at the border, but Finland is part of the EU and NATO. Russia would not want to open that can of worms. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Most likely won't. If they did, Russia would win the war within few hours, so it would be practically useless to move soldiers to the border.

EDIT:

I understand your discomfort with a Russian buildup at the border, but Finland is part of the EU and NATO. Russia would not want to open that can of worms. 

Fun fact: Finland isn't part of NATO, but contributes to some NATO's operations. Though Finland could practically join NATO at any time, as every requirement is (supposed to be) met already. The reason we're not part of NATO is because of public is a bit afraid of screwing up important relations with Russia and thus majority of population who has voted on this subject, has voted to not join NATO.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Most likely won't. If they did, Russia would win the war within few hours, so it would be practically useless to move soldiers to the border.

I can't help but disagree. Finland's military may be no match for the Russians but the alliances that Finland has in place are an enormous deterrent to aggression. 

I find myself often critical of NATO and the EU when it comes to matters of security, but even I find it really really hard to believe that an incursion into a NATO country would not result in an immediate mobilization of the entire western world.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I can't help but disagree. Finland's military may be no match for the Russians but the alliances that Finland has in place are an enormous deterrent to aggression. 

I find myself often critical of NATO and the EU when it comes to matters of security, but even I find it really really hard to believe that an incursion into a NATO country would not result in an immediate mobilization of the entire western world.

But the problem is that Finland is NOT part of the NATO

|OscillosC Build|+ Raspberry Pi [NAS] + Another G5 + Personal + HTPC: Asus Z87-A - Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.5ghz 1.15v - Noctua NH-D14 - Gigabyte Radeon HD7870 OC @ 1170mhz core- Kingston HyperX 8gb 1600mhz CL9 - Samsung 840 PRO 128Gb SSD for Windows- Kingston V300 120gb for Ubuntu- WD Caviar Black 1Tb For games and programs - WD Caviar Green 2Tb For videos, photos, music, and backups- Seasonic P660 XP2 Platinum - Windows 8.1 PRO - Ubuntu 14.04 - Modded Bitfenix Ghost

have you ever seen an angry finn?.. I think the russians should be very careful around finland. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Please oh god please have another space race.... 

Pray for it guys~

iCmI7qY.png

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^