New PC - strange Windows freezes (probable cause: NZXT CAM)

Korben

Same problem with nzxt CAM since 3 years,after I used the older version of V3.7.7 was everything fine,after 7 months I can't login or using Guest mode it says "couldn't authenticate user" tried with Revo Uninstaller more then 5 times but cannot login.So its was turn to try the new version, it was the same issue with freezing ,try the beta version same problem. I am asking is there any older version still working without freezing,just please link me. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

A long time update: since mid of 2021, I moved all to custom loop, without any NZXT part (besides a puck support for headphones - the only thing that indeed works from them).

No problems or freezes so far. Before I decided to move to a CM case, and use the old air coolers on both GPU and CPU, no problems too (besides the fact that it was a blower cooler, very loud).

If CAM software was uninstalled from my PC, it works just fine. Install it, and trouble comes together. Besides the fact that on H200i, the airflow for GPU is so bad that I had constant freezes and shut down on my PC due to GPU temperature, while on CM case I could even OC it.

Their support suggested things like "Reinstall" and "Refresh", like it is our problem, and not a fault on their error handler inside their software.

NZXT never again.

• 6 months later...

I am currently running into this issue. Even after uninstalling CAM. I've owned the computer for 3 months, first there were driver related issues. That was reolved and now this.  It appears for no random reason the FANs kick on at full speed.  And the monitor goes dark. I have to hold the power and perform a force reboot.  This may happen once or 5 times a day. There is no telling. I've opened a case with NZXT and i'm waiting to hear back from them.  If anyone knows or has any insight it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you