Best 5.1+ 24bit soundcard for gaming, watching high definition movies and listening to music?

Static

I'm trying to find the best sound card to replace my on-board audio that can easily handle 24bit 192khz to output to 5.1 and eventually 7.1. My onboard audio has multiple issues including buzzing/poping, 24bit audio when watching 1080p movies desync's constantly and I'm forced to drop down to 16bit despite running a i7 3930K, 32 GB ram and a 780ti.

The cards I'm currently looking at are the ASUS Xonar Essence STX and the ASUS Xonar Phoebus.

The ASUS Xonar Essence STX has a SNR of 124dB which is higher than the Phoebus which is a good thing but does not have Dolby® Home Theater V4

The Phoebus has Dolby® Home Theater V4 which may be neat to try but I've read has driver issues and a 118dB SNR. However I did not find it currently for sale on newegg my prefered e-tailer but did find it elsewhere using google shopping which has me weary...

The Xonar Essence STX seems to be the one to go with purely because of its signal to noise ratio but I figured I would ask here..

having the soundcard might not actually help that much if you have alot of stuff in your computer because of the electrical noise interfering with it  you might want to look into an external soundcard and dac like the fiio e10(which is use) or the odac(objective2 and dac) from mayflower 

both are really nice and since i got my fiio i no longer have a problem with buzzing and popping, but as far as sound reproduction you really wont notice a difference

Get the most expensive Asus card you can afford.

if you cant you use an external soundcard then this although you will not really need and expensive one any of them will really do expensive soundcards are like expensive motherboards yes they help but in reality are you really gonna need it 

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

do u watch the wan show? *facepalm* 

he may not watch live or ever and only has 5 posts cut him some slack he is new we should try to help him not put him down or in the very least offer something constructive 

its GE (pause) TechNicks

I'm trying to find the best sound card to replace my on-board audio that can easily handle 24bit 192khz to output to 5.1 and eventually 7.1. My onboard audio has multiple issues including buzzing/poping, 24bit audio when watching 1080p movies desync's constantly and I'm forced to drop down to 16bit despite running a i7 3930K, 32 GB ram and a 780ti.

The cards I'm currently looking at are the ASUS Xonar Essence STX and the ASUS Xonar Phoebus.

The ASUS Xonar Essence STX has a SNR of 124dB which is higher than the Phoebus which is a good thing but does not have Dolby® Home Theater V4

The Phoebus has Dolby® Home Theater V4 which may be neat to try but I've read has driver issues and a 118dB SNR. However I did not find it currently for sale on newegg my prefered e-tailer but did find it elsewhere using google shopping which has me weary...

The Xonar Essence STX seems to be the one to go with purely because of its signal to noise ratio but I figured I would ask here..

buy the cheapest 5.1/7.1 sound card you can find. It's no better than the most expensive consumer sound card you can find. If you're using a receiver the sound card is completely pointless. 

Use HDMI passthrough or optical out on your motherboard for digital outs. 

No matter what you tell me, or what you think you can hear, you're not going to hear a difference. Spend your money on better equipment. 

Error: 410

often but this last week I've been busy

having the soundcard might not actually help that much if you have alot of stuff in your computer because of the electrical noise interfering with it  you might want to look into an external soundcard and dac like the fiio e10(which is use) or the odac(objective2 and dac) from mayflower 

both are really nice and since i got my fiio i no longer have a problem with buzzing and popping, but as far as sound reproduction you really wont notice a difference

if you cant you use an external soundcard then this although you will not really need and expensive one any of them will really do expensive soundcards are like expensive motherboards yes they help but in reality are you really gonna need it 

I'm looking for surround sound capability

Yes but not this last week

I'm looking for surround sound capability

cant vouch for how good it is but its cheap and looks to have what you want

http://www.amazon.com/Sewell-SoundBox-External-Sound-Channel/dp/B004Y0ERRO/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_1_2

if not that then the cheapest soundcard that supports its

its GE (pause) TechNicks

he may not watch live or ever and only has 5 posts cut him some slack he is new we should try to help him not put him down or in the very least offer something constructive 

ok 

Op watch this weeks wan show it was posted a few hours ago on youtube :)

watch this weeks wan show on audio

You're using speakers, yes? Is it a proper setup with a real AVR, or one of those all-in-one solutions?

You're using speakers, yes? Is it a proper setup with a real AVR, or one of those all-in-one solutions?

No, no AVR... Right now I've got an Creative Inspire 6160 setup. Maybe someday I will be able to afford a decent avr and speakers however I doubt I would have room for it all since my computer is in my bedroom...