Games for kids

JustPeach

I have a litle brother, 6 year old, that like me loves to game, right now the only game he plays is minecraft, but I wanted him to experience new types of games.
Got any suggestions?

12 minutes ago, Daniel Pereira said:

I have a litle brother, 6 year old, that like me loves to game, right now the only game he plays is minecraft, but I wanted him to experience new types of games.
Got any suggestions?

Depends on what you let him play and what he likes

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

13 minutes ago, Daniel Pereira said:

Got any suggestions?

Depends on what you want him to play.

Sonic Generations is kid friendly and pretty fun. Certain racing games like Dirt 3 or Grid 2 could work too.

Portal (2) is a decent option too, but could be somewhat challenging to him.

Something like Battleblock theater could be cool too.

The latter two are also available as coop experiences.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Stardew Valley, Journey, Sims, Sims City, Portal, Racing Games...

(Antichamber, Brothers - A Tale of two sons, The Stanley Parable) <- that 3 games can be mentaly exhauting for young people.

Nintendo Console Simulator

Amlost every Simulator game (Farming Flight PCbuild...)

1 minute ago, DG House said:

Sims City,

Would get cities skylines instead of sims city

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

6 minutes ago, minibois said:

Something like Battleblock theater could be cool too.

Omg I fucking forgot about this game!

i can’t believe noone’s recoomended Minecraft and a couple redstone videos!

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

i can’t believe noone’s recoomended Minecraft and a couple redstone videos!

He already plays minecraft OP said

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

He already plays minecraft OP said

Ah shit. Prince of persia? Space invaders? Mario? RoBlox? 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

City skylines, planet coaster, portal 2, terraria, and kerbal space program. 

(\/) (°,,,,°) (\/)

The Lego games are always pretty fun, and have local co-op. There's also a multitude of franchises like Batman, Lord of the Rings, Marvel, etc. Could also try Scribblenauts for some vocabulary and creative thinking. Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is a pretty decent platformer. Otherwise look for things co-op. People mentioned the Dirt series, and the best ones (1-3) are unavailable in any stores, so you need to obtain them by other means. For local co-op games I have Overcooked and Spelunky, but Spelunky is notoriously hard.

#Muricaparrotgang

Doom Eternal. JKJK

Cloudberry Kingdom is fun. It's a 2D platformer that auto generates levels but they're always possible. Very fun.

Endless Sky. Might have some political stuff like human trafficking but I don't know. It has a lot of civil war & that kind of politicing.

Faster Than Light

Ghost of a Tale-> VERY FUN! You are a mouse named Tilo & you have to adventure around this castle guarded by Rats. Rats & Mice don't really like each other, but there's secrets, fun characters, & you explore this beautiful castle. I enjoyed it as an adult. Requires reading knowledge though. So if you can't read it's not going to be fun-very family friendly. There are zombies in the end, but it's not a horror sequence. Just child friendly spooky. Same with some spiders. You only fight like 3~.

Mighty Quest for Epic Loot. Idk if this is fun. If it has microtransactions, don't introduce it to him.

Garry's mod if you stay singleplayer. You can make things, spawn enemies & whatnot. Idk if you're okay with the violence. I was playing Halo & Socom when I was like 5~6.

Offworld trading company. Tough game, but you basically play the stock market. RTS without combat. (Yes, you can bomb other team buildings but it's hardly combat.)

Overgrowth. Another 3rd person platformer. I didn't play it. I have it though

Psychonauts. May be child friendly. I played the demo on OG xbox.

That's all I really got on steam that may be appropriate. He might like Terraria. Rayman Legends. Slay (You basically capture units & try to capture territory. Link to gameplay video)

I think Nintendo is really the console for him. They have more kid friendly games that are stellar.

22 hours ago, Daniel Pereira said:

Got any suggestions?

If you have a switch pretty much all the Nintendo 1st party titles are great, Racing games like forza horizons maybe? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

14 hours ago, fpo said:

Faster Than Light

I honestly don't see a 6yo enjoying FTL...

ABZU, Flower, Journey, Portal - only if you sit with him while he plays and provide help during levels, World of Goo, Pokemon games, arcade racing titles and sports games, some easy logical games (e.g. Fireboy and Watergirl), Unravel, Little Big Planet, Mario Kart (or its clones). And maybe old Ace Ventura, Samorost and other point-and-click games? Or Kingdom New Lands?

World of Goo, good and pretty simple puzzle game.

Majesty 1 & 2, Command & Conquer remastered, Red Alert 2 and other simple strategy games.

Tropico 3 or newer, rather simple city builders.

Beyond Good & Evil, kid friendly action game.

Mirror's Edge, maybe.

Spyro, Crash and most platformers overall.

Portal 2 has been mentioned few times, but I would recommend starting with the first one. As that whole game is basically one large tutorial.

Then maybe some old gory games like Doom 1 & 2, Half-Life 1, Counter-Strike Condition Zero (with bots) etc.