[CODE RED] Stephan Elop to head entire Xbox division

Ebenesh

19665_large_64725-stephen-elop.jpeg

Microsoft have decided that Stephan Elop, Executive Vice President, Devices & Services at Nokia and Former CEO of Nokia Corporation, will be taking over the entirety of the Xbox division. This is following Don Mattrick, who left the company after the launch of the Xbox one. 

Elop’s only comments on Xbox, in contrast, came during his evaluation as a potential CEO for the entire company, when he reportedly was open to selling off the entire games division.

How bad could he be?

Wikipedia summarizes this nicely. “During the 3 years Elop was Nokia CEO, Nokia revenues fell 40%, Nokia profits fell 95%, Nokia market share collapsed in smartphones from 34% to 3.4%, Nokia’s credit rating went from A to junk, Nokia’s share price dropped 60% in value and Nokia’s market capitalization lost 13 Billion dollars in value. The Financial Times calculated that Nokia shareholders ended up paying Elop a bonus of 1 million Euros for every 1.5 billion in market capital that Elop was able to destroy while Nokia CEO.”

-Wikipedia, ExtremeTech

Nokiasales-640x360.png

http://wp.me/p4jH0M-as

SOURCE : Extremetech

Ep9_TrainWreck.jpg

I give it a year. honestly

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

The same jackass that said Nokia wouldn't put Android on one of their phones. So what did they do? -_-

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

There's a pretty big conspiracy theory going around that Elop was sent over to Nokia TO sink it, so that Microsoft could move in and make a take over bid.

Look what they did...it's pretty compelling. Also the fact that he didn't sell his home in Seattle, or take his family with him when he moved to a "permanent new position" is a little strange.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

There's a pretty big conspiracy theory going around that Elop was sent over to Nokia TO sink it, so that Microsoft could move in and make a take over bid.

Look what they did...it's pretty compelling. Also the fact that he didn't sell his home in Seattle, or take his family with him when he moved to a "permanent new position" is a little strange.

I haven't heard this conspiracy.

sounds juicy ;)

Hail Sithis!

More like...

Stephan Flop

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

More like...

Stephan Flop

AWwwwww Snap double dizzle my nizzle. Snoop in the hizzle fo shizzle

ok I'm done

Hail Sithis!

I haven't heard this conspiracy.

sounds juicy ;)

Oh it is!

I think he also got a pretty big pay out when the Nokia/Microsoft deal was finalized too. Something like 20+ million.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

News I've read say that Microsoft kicked a previous executive of Devices&Services and put Elop there.

And devices&services is not the Xbox division but stuff like Surfaces, Xbox and other devices.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Oh it is!

I think he also got a pretty big pay out when the Nokia/Microsoft deal was finalized too. Something like 20+ million.

What an asshat. I wish I got paid for doing nothing. Shit I don't know who was worse, him or Ballmer?

I recently had to deal with Microsoft customer support. it was horrid!

what a wreck of a company

Hail Sithis!

Wait... wasn't he the one that wanted to get rid of Xbox and Bing or am I getting something wrong here?

Don't trust anything anyone at Microsoft says

Ohh Microsoft... It still boggles my mind that such a huge and successful company can go from being so good, to being terrible in such a short period of time. It's as if they are trying to ruin themselves.

Ohh Microsoft... It still boggles my mind that such a huge and successful company can go from being so good, to being terrible in such a short period of time. It's as if they are trying to ruin themselves.

The company stretched themselves too far.

They are content with their products selling on name value alone rather than earning a new customer base by outstanding service.

Hail Sithis!

Wow, and all I got out of the OP was that blackberry's highest market share figure is bigger than apple's. Interesting I think...

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hey, good news as far as I'm concerned. If Microsoft is forced to sell off XBox to another company, there wouldn't be such a conflict of interest and they might start paying attention to PC gaming(I can dream, can't I?). 'Atta boy, Elop! Flush that turd down the toilet! :P

He'll fit in and he will manage to ruin what's left of the company.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

It boggles my mind that anybody ever considered them "being so good": Yes they got pretty big but it was never cause they were good.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Microsoft planning its own funeral.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

This is called a bubble we've seen it everywhere, anyone ever heard of Netscape? They eventually went on to be brought out by AOL and vanished but their source code is used today after a lot of rework as Firefox, well guess what they made the first widely used internet browser (not THE first there was others before like, Mosaic and Viola) Netscape had a huge market share then IE came along and pretty much crushed them with MS being a much bigger company but my point is no matter what tech is a bubble, one day your the biggest bubble in the sky, the next you've popped, it'll happen to everyone eventually. It happened to Yahoo, it'll happen to MS and other companies too, it's just how this world goes. It's happening now with Smart phone apps, but once something slightly better comes the bigger companies either buy it, try to crush it or they loose to it.

It boggles my mind that anybody ever considered them "being so good": Yes they got pretty big but it was never cause they were good.

it wasn't that they were so good, it's the fact that they had such market dominance that there were no real alternatives in general for a lot of services.

Hail Sithis!

I don't think you guys see just how far they are from dying. Their business and enterprise divisions can keep them afloat alone. Not until that is threatened is Microsoft even vulnerable.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB