The bicycle thread

YellowJersey

Got a new bike recently and have been riding a lot, weather is a bit warm right now though so I am trying to get out early, seems to be working. 

Got a bike carrier bag for the plane. Can’t wait to try it out. Going to deflate the tyres, but it says you don’t need to?

14 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Got a bike carrier bag for the plane. Can’t wait to try it out. Going to deflate the tyres, but it says you don’t need to?

I've always used a cardboard bike box and always deflated the tyres.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

1 minute ago, YellowJersey said:

I've always used a cardboard bike box and always deflated the tyres.

I just picked it up yesterday - how did you get it to the hotel? These things are huuuge!

4 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

I just picked it up yesterday - how did you get it to the hotel? These things are huuuge!

For my trips, I'd pack up the bike the night before, have a van take me to the airport, fly to my destination (bike always went in oversized luggage), have a van take me to wherever I was staying prior to the trip starting, reassemble my bike, and then the truck that carried our camping gear would carry the boxes (flattened, of course).

It's actually surprising how small (or "less huge") of a box you need depending on precisely how much you take your bike apart.

12 minutes ago, YellowJersey said:

For my trips, I'd pack up the bike the night before, have a van take me to the airport, fly to my destination (bike always went in oversized luggage), have a van take me to wherever I was staying prior to the trip starting, reassemble my bike, and then the truck that carried our camping gear would carry the boxes (flattened, of course).

It's actually surprising how small (or "less huge") of a box you need depending on precisely how much you take your bike apart.

I just bought a cheap one on sale, so I’ll see if I can find a van. Thanks!

Just finished biking to a park and I basically sat in a field listening to music

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

11 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

I just bought a cheap one on sale, so I’ll see if I can find a van. Thanks!

You'd also be surprised what you can fit into a Toyota Camry or a Prius. I once fit four people and three bikes into a Prius.

6 hours ago, YellowJersey said:

You'd also be surprised what you can fit into a Toyota Camry or a Prius. I once fit four people and three bikes into a Prius.

I’ll give it a shot or try the bus. Almost forgot about the camrys.

3 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

I’ll give it a shot or try the bus. Almost forgot about the camrys.

I've played a lot of feces tetris. I know how to stack shit. :P

Biked to a park and relaxing

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Bicycles are so amazing and that's why I'm planning to purchase a new bicycle on which I can do trips within my country.

Did some work on both of my bikes.

Both got there chains cleaned and oiled.

Also birth got there frames cleaned.

My mountain bike got the light cable fixed by soldering and tape.

Than put a offset for the light to be centered.

15982207160673012420307602150250.thumb.jpg.261bb37376f920aeb8d2db581a4a5dfa.jpg

But my mountain bike has the rear derailleur bent so it can't change into first gear but the other gears work fine. 

So do you guys think I should replace my rear derailleur. 

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Went out for a ride yesterday, but had to cut it short as smoke from wildfires started to roll in, so I only ended up doing about 93km, about 8km of that in smoke. Fortunately, I wear a buff, so I wore that over my face to keep the worst of the smoke out.

90km today. Going hiking tomorrow, so I didn't want to overdo it.

rain today so my helmet got soaked with water because I can't carry my helmet on my backpack

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Anyone know how to watch the Tour de France with the UK announcers? I tried watching the NBC broadcast but it's terrible. The American commentary sucks.

I tried the ITV4 thing and set my VPN to a UK server, but it keeps saying this video isn't available (same goes for every video on their platform).

been biking to school and back every day

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

102km today in under five hours. A wasp flew into my jersey and stung me on the neck; I was braking with one hand and hitting myself with the other trying to kill the damn thing. Fortunately, I wasn't far from my brother's house, so was able to get ice on it fairly quickly.

104km today in four hours and forty-nine minutes.

On 9/4/2020 at 10:13 PM, YellowJersey said:

A wasp flew into my jersey and stung me on the neck

yesterday my mom stepped into yellow jacket nest and she got stung 10-20 times

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

• 2 weeks later...

101km yesterday. I was really hurting for the last 30km. It's amazing how fast your muscles deteriorate if you don't keep it up. I finally cracked the 2000km mark for the year, though. The days are getting shorter and cooler, so I'm not sure how many rides there are left for this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Thread revival. Hurr durr canadian tire bike, but I like it.IMG_20201004_181015.thumb.jpg.e7fea7372b22d7bb04991b03752e6aab.jpg

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

On 9/24/2020 at 5:01 PM, YellowJersey said:

101km yesterday. I was really hurting for the last 30km. It's amazing how fast your muscles deteriorate if you don't keep it up. I finally cracked the 2000km mark for the year, though. The days are getting shorter and cooler, so I'm not sure how many rides there are left for this season.

Can't be bothered to search the history of the thread to see what kind of riding you're doing and on what bike, but your average speed indicates that it's not road riding on a road bike.  Though I did go back one page to see you mentioned a climb on your route.  What kinda bike and what kinda riding are you doing?

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

2 hours ago, Rybo said:

Can't be bothered to search the history of the thread to see what kind of riding you're doing and on what bike, but your average speed indicates that it's not road riding on a road bike.  Though I did go back one page to see you mentioned a climb on your route.  What kinda bike and what kinda riding are you doing?

I'm actually riding a cyclocross bike (Giant TCX-1)... on the road. Well, "paved bike paths," mostly. My average speed is around 21kmph and I usually do around 650m of climbing. I go for distance rather than speed.