How Linus and his wife fall in love?

AshRiver
1 hour ago, Vitamanic said:

I doubt he's making that much. He pays like 20 college educated people full-time salaries, rents a huge space and spends an obscene amount on equipment. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose money year over year and bank on growth.

iircc there was an accidental wan show screen share in the past that showed affiliate link revenue just from amazon screen that showed an estimated 5 digit income for just 1 month, i'm pretty sure if thats around the revenue he hauls in,  he can easily pay off employees twice the current setting easily.

Details separate people.

2 hours ago, fpo said:

Trust me, go to a club wearing those & some tan cargo shorts. Every girl will want you.

....to get out of there & never come back.

Details separate people.

3 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

iircc there was an accidental wan show screen share in the past that showed affiliate link revenue just from amazon screen that showed an estimated 5 digit income for just 1 month, i'm pretty sure if thats around the revenue he hauls in,  he can easily pay off employees twice the current setting easily.

They slashed affiliate percentages about a month ago.

Regardless, he can't pay his employees off of 5 figures a month. I just took a look at the employee count, they're pushing 40 now including floatplane, I was pretty far off. Their salary costs are likely around to 180k a month depending on how much he and his wife pay themselves.

Here's what an average video does in AdSense that gets 1.5 million views: https://mobile.twitter.com/linustech/status/718353696040558592

Even after sponsors and stuff, they still have enormous operating costs and rent. Then there's floatplane which is definitely running at a loss.

Sure, they pull in revenue, but they're definitely not rolling in millions of net profit every month.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

1 hour ago, Vitamanic said:

They slashed affiliate percentages about a month ago.

Regardless, he can't pay his employees off of 5 figures a month. I just took a look at the employee count, they're pushing 40 now including floatplane, I was pretty far off. Their salary costs are likely around to 180k a month depending on how much he and his wife pay themselves.

Here's what an average video does in AdSense that gets 1.5 million views: https://mobile.twitter.com/linustech/status/718353696040558592

Even after sponsors and stuff, they still have enormous operating costs and rent. Then there's floatplane which is definitely running at a loss.

Sure, they pull in revenue, but they're definitely not rolling in millions of net profit every month.

of-course theres cost, But i'm doubting they're at a point where they are running low or anywhere near a point where they are out of money & are struggling to pay for workers & working on a loss. there is literally 2 burned in sponsor tag on each & every videos since 2 years continuously almost fully paying for that video segment & every product is tagged in via amazon affiliate link on description & forum topics, plus merch sales. they pump out like at-least 6 videos a week now right?. all ranging across 600k to 2 million views. all of the forums amazon links are auto converted to affiliated links, live stream has donations open. for a channel with 11 mill subbed & one of the top 3 most popular tech channel in locale & worldwide. I'm pretty sure they have it secured properly. Most of all the hardware used are sponsored, but some of the tools cost a good chunk i assume. i remember him talking about buying everything around the dual red 8k camera out of his own pocket as a risky investment for a youtube channel & hopefully it pays back for itself. i think it probably has in a few months.Plus he has to pay the parent company that manages the channel on YouTube. thats like almost a solid 50% cut between the parties. But even with that , the revenues are pretty much endless & continuous. he doesn't have to look for sponsors, gets paid product placements, passive affiliate revenues daily.

im not saying this form revenue is a bad thing, if a person works for it and build it up on his own & makes it what it is. he earns every bit of it. outside of all this imo he's a genuine good guy, i'm not saying it in a kissing up way, but when he can run the channel without altering content quality in any way with around 5 employees max on a home studio & make whatever xx amounts of profit that he wants from content straight to his bank account. pay minimal for those workers. like some other YouTubers are doing. He build up a company in his own region & invested on it & gave multiple people jobs & still stays humble & sane with the same demeanor that he had while he was working on NCIX. How often you see someone do that come up & stay the same?

Details separate people.

Why do you need 40 employees when most channels are fine with 2-3 or 5 max

Please tag me @Windows9 so I can see your reply

6 hours ago, Windows9 said:

Science isn't about why! It's about why not!

Don't give me your damn lemons.

They started dating in college, she was the big money maker for years being in pharmacy

No reason to force or rush getting a girl. I'm dating a girl I knew for 10 years went to elementary, middle school and high school with. Got bullied in elementary and my ass handed to in wrestling during middle school by her. High school for the first 2 years apparently I was really annoying. Over almost a year we became good friends and then started dating. Crossed over 18 months a few back

I'll tag her in and let her give advice from a girls prospective

@mickkyy13

39 minutes ago, Windows9 said:

so about 10 are on floatplane

7-8 editors

9 writers

4 shooters

4 sales

2 merch

1 event

1 warehouse

1 host

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

18 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

so about 10 are on floatplane

7-8 editors

9 writers

4 shooters

4 sales

2 merch

1 event

1 warehouse

1 host

You really need 8 editors and 4 writers. One person to do them both would be fine

Please tag me @Windows9 so I can see your reply

You can't really 'make' someone love you.  They have to love your personality (and, yes, physique) as it really is.  If nothing else, it's because they'll eventually see the real you.

There are certain things you can do to present the best version of yourself.  Take care of yourself; you don't have to get ripped through exercise, but stay in reasonable shape, keep clean, don't be afraid to use skin care products.  You don't need to wear suits, but dress like you care; cargo shorts and ratty shirts won't cut it.  Learn to be a good communicator who can keep a conversation going, is genuinely considerate and wields a sense of humour.

Likewise, you should be sure that you actually love someone and aren't just responding to their looks or their ability to tell a funny joke.  This is the hard part.  You need to connect, like you feel you belong with them, and that can vary depending on the pair.  Some people click because they share interests; others gel precisely because they don't.

And whatever the reasons for love, remember that a relationship involves constant work.  Be thoughtful (say, getting flowers for no particular reason).  Be understanding.  And importantly, be willing to compromise.  I can't tell you how many relationships I've seen where the friction comes from one side or the other absolutely refusing to bend.  You're not 'weak' if you sacrifice a few things for your partner -- you're being caring.

8 minutes ago, Commodus said:

cargo shorts and ratty shirts won't cut it.

hey cargo shorts or pants can 100% cut it but wear decent T-shirts with it

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

17 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

I doubt he's making that much. He pays like 20 college educated people full-time salaries, rents a huge space and spends an obscene amount on equipment. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose money year over year and bank on growth.

LMG hasn't lost money since 2013 :)

13 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

LMG hasn't lost money since 2013 :)

When's the IPO? 😄😄😄 

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

1 hour ago, LinusTech said:

LMG hasn't lost money since 2013

Wow! I expected that figure to be around 2015 when you were moving in the new office but that's actually quite dope to see that you haven't lost any money in around 6 to 7 years

A guy asking and answering in his bedroom since he has nothing else to do

On 5/30/2020 at 1:43 PM, George Vella said:

Wow! I expected that figure to be around 2015 when you were moving in the new office but that's actually quite dope to see that you haven't lost any money in around 6 to 7 years

We've definitely SPENT money. I mean, we've had individual months where cash out >> cash in, but aside from large asset acquisitions (like studio renovations, Red cameras, etc) we've had a positive balance sheet since ~6 months after the company was founded.

I actually don't know where the perception that we're scraping by or that we spend irresponsibly comes from. I might be a little biased, but I think we are a VERY sutainably and responsibly managed company.

Expect Linus Media Group videos for many years to come.

On 5/30/2020 at 12:44 PM, straight_stewie said:

When's the IPO? 😄😄😄 

I like being in charge. That's the only way we can do crazy stuff and have fun.

Shareholders are (by definition) only in it for the money. Sounds lame lol.

1 hour ago, LinusTech said:

I actually don't know where the perception that we're scraping by or that we spend irresponsibly comes from.

large asset acquisitions like studio renovations, Red cameras, etc

That's the only way we can do crazy stuff and have fun.

It's probably all the crazy stuff you do like water cooled red cameras and the big studio/production space. It's beyond what most other 'tech-tuber' channels do so most people probably just assume you're spending cash like it's going out of style. If you were you wouldn't have been around this long and the production quality wouldn't have improved so greatly over the years, I mean I run across something from 5+ years ago and then vs now dang. Don't get me wrong it's good but the level has certainly come up greatly in the past couple years.

3 hours ago, Bitter said:

It's probably all the crazy stuff you do like water cooled red cameras and the big studio/production space.

Exactly, most Tech-Tubers, prefer to spend their money on pointless stuff or spend it on very expensive clothing. But the way I meant wasn't that you spend irresponsibly. LTT has always been one of those channels (especially after you moved to the Langley House and even more after you bought the studio that you're in now) where Production Quality comes a priority, like the information density. But I thought that you lost money, since you are always doing crazy

5 hours ago, LinusTech said:

I actually don't know where the perception that we're scraping by or that we spend irresponsibly comes from.

The way I meant it wasn't that LMG spends irresponsibly, because in my honest opinion, LMG makes the best use of their money. I agree also that from what I can see from the outside, LMG is one of the most responsibly managed companies here on youtube, Similar to what Colton said in Honest Answers How is it like to work at LMG?(I forgot the ep no. since it has been a while), you care about the viewers, and your workers. What I meant was that I thought that in The Big Move of 2015/16, since it definitely was very expensive, is that I expected LMG to lose some money, but honestly I now agree even more that LMG is one of the only companies (at least here on youtube) where production and a perfect balance of fun and professionalism keeps going up without anything (except time lol) sacrificed.

5 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Expect Linus Media Group videos for many years to come.

Although I've always expected LMG to keep making amazing content for many years to come, now I'm even more stoked.

And before I finish, excuse me if anyone thought that I meant LMG spends their money irresponsibly but I meant that I thought that with big projects there would be some loss in money but I'm honestly happier than ever that I was wrong.

A guy asking and answering in his bedroom since he has nothing else to do

On 5/27/2020 at 7:52 AM, AshRiver said:

His best advice 

I'm pretty sure it's something along these lines:

"increase speed little by little, up the voltage as needed, watch your temps, if it crashes dial it back. It's OK to crank it up for the lulz, but for 24/7 long term go for stability.

Warranty void, do at your own risk."