F@H Web Client Dark Skin with PPD comparison by GPU / WU

Go to solution Solved by LAR_Systems,

HI everyone,  Quick update. 

There was some server updates today to deal with server resource issues so sorry if you  were impacted by some strangeness like WU averages etc. being a little strange while this occurred.

In addition to the cleanup you will now find that for GPU projects the Atoms and Cause is reported on the slots.

Atoms and Cause coming to CPU slots soon.

image.png.96a2a24471ee3392c37e18b8310adc99.png

The PPD indicator has been updated so there is a +/- 10% tolerance for the red or green indicators coming on for when you GPU slot is operating within this "Average" range making it a more useful indication as to when PPD is out of the ordinary.

Project pages on the database site have been updated to show the Atoms, Core and project branch status of projects.

image.png.d3fcd4c830ec61537d13dc93b7450eae.png

And CPU based project pages (link found in the CPU slots in the web client) now contain the BETA charts for PPD-PLC (PPD per logical processor) as that system builds data and is under review.

image.thumb.png.03ed6ca321e14602de92ef37145c6c2c.png

These client based updates will trickle in to the wild over the next couple hours and take effect with a refresh of the page when they do.

3 minutes ago, DirectingGnu2 said:

Get down where u belong 2080ti xd

Now how are there 2 3080s now?image.thumb.png.a458d4782c78122b9c4a7b1e17bf3f06.png

Yeah, looks like F@H has added a catch all record that includes the 20GB variant.   I will be checking the DB / GPU list records tomorrow to see if it's a renaming and I will merge the two... or if this is a new variant for the 1/0/20GB which may be different from the the launch version cards on 10GB due to the issues they were having or something.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

Hey where are the 3080 owners at? Are you pushing the card at all?

I'd expect it to at least beat the 2080ti lmao. 3090 stretching its lead tho :D

image.thumb.png.d996992023849e29cc7dd3f235daeea3.png

3 hours ago, DirectingGnu2 said:

Hey where are the 3080 owners at? Are you pushing the card at all?

I'd expect it to at least beat the 2080ti lmao. 3090 stretching its lead tho :D

image.thumb.png.d996992023849e29cc7dd3f235daeea3.png

If you look a little down the list there is the regular 2080 ti it's crushing.  But we have determined that the Rev A TI is some unicorn die model that when tuned crushes.   As for the 3080... if Nvidia would sell me one I would be happy to push it past common sense for benchmarking ;)

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

I'm sure a lot of us would put it where it belongs if we could actually get our hands on one :D

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

I'm sure a lot of us would put it where it belongs if we could actually get our hands on one :D

The frustration I have right now trying to ignore deals on 20 series cards as my 30 series card rots on backorder...

On 10/15/2020 at 8:48 AM, LAR_Systems said:

The frustration I have right now trying to ignore deals on 20 series cards as my 30 series card rots on backorder...

Personally I'm waiting for 3 things before ordering any more cards.

1. RTX 3070 to Launch

2. Big Navi to Launch

3. Reviews of the new GPUs benchmarking the actual FP32 compute and some good long-term F@H data on them.

Once these have occurred then I'll make a decision if it is worth upgrading some of my GPUs which kind of sucks for this competition but if I'm going to invest a fair chunk of change in 4-5 GPUs I want to be sure its worth it.

I'm more interested in individual GPU efficiency (PPD/W) and system efficiency (total system cost/GPU) as I've set my comfort limit to about 2kWh/day for 12x7x365 folding so I want to maximize my efficiency and minimize my per GPU overhead so a few larger cards may make more sense than many smaller cards.

It may turn out that Ampere isn't as much of a revolutionary upgrade over Turing as it first thought and it's more evolutionary. I can't really tell as there's not enough data yet.

I've pretty much stopped using Pascal for folding as it's just not worth the power consumption but have resurrected a few cards for folding month but will sell them after the event is done while I can still recoup some of their worth.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

1 hour ago, marknd59 said:

@LAR_Systems How long do you think it will take for the database to reflect meaningfull numbers for the 3xxx cards and new Nvidia CUDA so I can update my GPU PPD per kWh spread sheet ?

Seems like WUs are changing by the day, it's gonna be hard for you to have long-term spreadsheet. Additionally, some variants and models of 3xxx are not even registered on this extension. I'd say that at end of folding month would be okay time to take the numbers, but even that is too early if you want long-term spreadsheet. 

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

3 minutes ago, Favebook said:

Seems like WUs are changing by the day, it's gonna be hard for you to have long-term spreadsheet. Additionally, some variants and models of 3xxx are not even registered on this extension. I'd say that at end of folding month would be okay time to take the numbers, but even that is too early if you want long-term spreadsheet. 

I don't think it can ever be long-term accurate, in fact I have already updated things a couple of times as data changed, but it can be very good starting point for someone looking for that kind of data.

1 hour ago, marknd59 said:

I don't think it can ever be long-term accurate, in fact I have already updated things a couple of times as data changed, but it can be very good starting point for someone looking for that kind of data.

The static documents being out of date is 100% the reason I built all this as too many "good lists" shared over and over in forums were not kept up and in many cases just guesses of values based on number of cores a GPU had divided by some other card they own which is not accurate at all.

The current PPD values for 3080 / 3090 are based on an average WU PPD performance logged.   

This fluctuates a fair bit work unit to work unit so averages are the only fair way to report the the data scientifically as no one gets the best or worst work unit everyday.  If a GPU has the past couple of weeks of data with WUs in the profile page chart you probably are looking at a pretty good PPD average indicator.

Few things I have added to indicate all these factors.

Examples:

https://folding.lar.systems/folding_data/gpu_ppd_datasheet?gpu_model=ga102_geforce_rtx_3090

https://folding.lar.systems/folding_data/gpu_ppd_datasheet?gpu_model=ga102_geforce_rtx_3080_10gb_20gb

The "Recent Average Folding Performance" which is based on (for commonly used cards) the last couple weeks of folding data averaged.

Then the "All Time WU PPD Records" this is to demonstrate that yes... on paper your card may be a beast... and in some rare WU cases it can hit an incredible PPD rate... but that WU will be done in an hour... and you will be back to the normal average or SUPER LOW WORST PPD work units that make the real world averages what they are.

image.thumb.png.5fbfc7341a5a32b44177546d07236f3e.png

Because all of this is a moving target with each different work unit,  the Electrical costs are provided as automatically calculated estimates based on the current recent average for points per kWh etc.  cause it changes often... I can usually see it change with the PPD of a card if I refresh a page I have left open from the morning, in the afternoon.

image.thumb.png.a7abf8169ccd96091ed027feb728233a.png

image.thumb.png.b7ad34e1d6a3a2e44eb947ac310592f8.png

To better visualize all this, for average PPD I have added a past 12 weeks trend chart so you can see the averages over time to better understand how this all changes.  

image.thumb.png.b25baecd4a5e99b88d7e494d1b807d20.png

Above you can see a 3080 doing ok week one, then the CUDA update, and likely F@H optimizing WUs / folder overclocks further pushing PPD this week.

7 hours ago, marknd59 said:

After thinking about it for a little bit I've decided to delete that spread sheet and point people at the LAR_System database instead.

Hopefully I have freed up some of your time to have more fun than playing in spreadsheets? ;)

1 hour ago, LAR_Systems said:

Hopefully I have freed up some of your time to have more fun than playing in spreadsheets? ;)

But now Ihave to find something else to keep me busy. ☹️

PS. As I've said before if you need any grunt work doing pulling data togeather for the database just let me know.

On 10/16/2020 at 12:42 AM, marknd59 said:

But now Ihave to find something else to keep me busy. ☹️

PS. As I've said before if you need any grunt work doing pulling data togeather for the database just let me know.

Careful what you wish for, beta testing new features that may need CPU data collected ;)

Don't want to surprise anyone. 

So this is the official heads up that version 1.1.2 of F@H in the dark has been submitted to Google for approval. 

This means if approved it will probably show up sometime in the next 3-5 days based on previous review rounds.  

This update contains UI updates, fixes, the first round of CPU support for the plugin and performance benchmark charting that can be enabled to see how a work unit is folding over time and is helpful when clocking memory / power on cards to see impacts.

The charting has a toggle so if not in use it does not use any GPU 3D resources and in the same line of thought animated GIFs have been removed from the GUI completely to avoid GPU 3D wasted cycles.

I will keep you posted when I know how the review goes or you will see the client in the wild before I know it's been pushed by Google.

@GOTSpectrum rest assured Team LTT skin still included.

Cheers,

image.thumb.png.e7b3cf145f0b1c9d727ce71ab88a017e.png

image.thumb.png.6f013e9260d487dbdcbb408529f846d8.png

9 hours ago, LAR_Systems said:

Don't want to surprise anyone. 

So this is the official heads up that version 1.1.2 of F@H in the dark has been submitted to Google for approval. 

This means if approved it will probably show up sometime in the next 3-5 days based on previous review rounds.  

This update contains UI updates, fixes, the first round of CPU support for the plugin and performance benchmark charting that can be enabled to see how a work unit is folding over time and is helpful when clocking memory / power on cards to see impacts.

The charting has a toggle so if not in use it does not use any GPU 3D resources and in the same line of thought animated GIFs have been removed from the GUI completely to avoid GPU 3D wasted cycles.

I will keep you posted when I know how the review goes or you will see the client in the wild before I know it's been pushed by Google.

@GOTSpectrum rest assured Team LTT skin still included.

Cheers,

that looks great, you;re doing a fine job on this man!

Well I'm shocked... Google approved it overnight in record time.   Latest version is now available!

Looking good!

image.png.08ef2568258d723b63298c75e644b953.png

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

23 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

@LAR_Systems where did the disable sleep mode go I can't find it ?

It's built in now.   It's no sleep default as that's how most were using it.   

I have it so the stats box goes to sleep on it's own if your not interacting with the window.

Attempting to simplify the interface as I saw some feedback people were not getting down to the modes area.

Great job! 😃

Just a small blip in the non-LTT version in Slot Charts mode: the upper part of the first line (Slot Performance: ...) is slightly visible: 

blip.jpg

Is there a plan to also have a database for the CPU PPDPLPs?

Looks like CPU name comes up correctly :)

image.png.7ddeff0d2b39ae93bd23041a66072a92.png

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2