F@H Web Client Dark Skin with PPD comparison by GPU / WU

Go to solution Solved by LAR_Systems,

HI everyone,  Quick update. 

There was some server updates today to deal with server resource issues so sorry if you  were impacted by some strangeness like WU averages etc. being a little strange while this occurred.

In addition to the cleanup you will now find that for GPU projects the Atoms and Cause is reported on the slots.

Atoms and Cause coming to CPU slots soon.

image.png.96a2a24471ee3392c37e18b8310adc99.png

The PPD indicator has been updated so there is a +/- 10% tolerance for the red or green indicators coming on for when you GPU slot is operating within this "Average" range making it a more useful indication as to when PPD is out of the ordinary.

Project pages on the database site have been updated to show the Atoms, Core and project branch status of projects.

image.png.d3fcd4c830ec61537d13dc93b7450eae.png

And CPU based project pages (link found in the CPU slots in the web client) now contain the BETA charts for PPD-PLC (PPD per logical processor) as that system builds data and is under review.

image.thumb.png.03ed6ca321e14602de92ef37145c6c2c.png

These client based updates will trickle in to the wild over the next couple hours and take effect with a refresh of the page when they do.

1 hour ago, marknd59 said:

I've been checking how many people are using the extention since I dropped an announcement about it in F@H dicord general channel and it went from 140 to 147 in a couple of days so it might have done some good.

Which I really appreciate, and hopefully others do when the F@H is not burning out their eyes at night.

Plan to do a bigger push for awareness in the fall as I find many are not folding in the summer months, at least in this part of the world.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

2 hours ago, LAR_Systems said:

Which I really appreciate, and hopefully others do when the F@H is not burning out their eyes at night.

Plan to do a bigger push for awareness in the fall as I find many are not folding in the summer months, at least in this part of the world.

Would it be rude to have a pop up about folding month in the extension? 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

12 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Would it be rude to have a pop up about folding month in the extension? 

I'm not keen on adding anything that may be considered by some to be spam in the client itself.

There are only just over a 100 plus users of the app, most already from LTT, but for those that are not, they probably don't want to see notifications for LTT events if they already have a team.  

I would be more open to adding a notification system or news to the website, and just toss up a notification like the bell on the ltt forum if I knew there was a critical mass of users, but we're not quite there yet.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

Just now, LAR_Systems said:

I'm not keen on adding anything that may be considered by some to be spam in the client itself.

There are only just over a 100 plus users of the app, most already from LTT, but for those that are not, they probably don't want to see notifications for LTT events if they already have a team.  

I would be more open to adding a notification system or news to the website, and just toss up a notification like the bell on the ltt forum if I knew there was a critical mass of users, but we're not quite there yet.

Fair enough, I should have added that it could be limited to simply LTT users, just as another way to let them know, as we certainly don't have 100 or more active on the folding thread. 

Either way, it doesn't really matter that much, it was as much a joke as anything else tbh. 

But, with you mentioning news, it could be interesting to have some kind of news function relating to F@H, but you'd need to have someone curate it from twitter, F@Hs website ect, which I think may end up being more hassle than it's worth tbh. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Fair enough, I should have added that it could be limited to simply LTT users, just as another way to let them know, as we certainly don't have 100 or more active on the folding thread. 

Either way, it doesn't really matter that much, it was as much a joke as anything else tbh. 

But, with you mentioning news, it could be interesting to have some kind of news function relating to F@H, but you'd need to have someone curate it from twitter, F@Hs website ect, which I think may end up being more hassle than it's worth tbh. 

Yeah, I consider "NEWS" as stretch goal.

First things first is better client and stats.  I would like to try and do an logarithm to generate "NEWS" in terms of changes in stats / wu / GPU PPD performance.

So like... if they update the core, and PPD tanks on a GPU or for just team green / red.  I don't have to notice... The system is just like "Hey everyone... looks like the score board is now X after core whatever just dropped.

Or "The new king of PPD is is X card" based on the last week of PPD scores.

Cause I have a day job that can be crazy for week at a time... I know I can't do real news without a little robot help

On 8/11/2020 at 10:20 PM, marknd59 said:

Using data from the database I've been working on the following spreadsheet. I've got a problem with AMD cards due to the way F@H groups them togeather. Anyone any ideas how to include them ?

GPU PPD per kWh

Wanted to thank you for your spreadsheet.

It was helpful in QA of the logic I have been putting in to the GPU card profile page.

Nvidia cards for the most part now have power usage info added to their profiles.

https://folding.lar.systems/folding_data/gpu_ppd_datasheet?gpu_model=TU104+[GeForce+RTX+2080+Super]

30 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

Wanted to thank you for your spreadsheet.

It was helpful in QA of the logic I have been putting in to the GPU card profile page.

Nvidia cards for the most part now have power usage info added to their profiles.

https://folding.lar.systems/folding_data/gpu_ppd_datasheet?gpu_model=TU104+[GeForce+RTX+2080+Super]

As i said I did that sheet because I was looking at what cards to upgrade to. Seeing as how I'd done it I thought I might as well share it for anyone else looking for the same information and I am glad it is of some use to you.

3 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

@LAR_Systems Can you take a quick looks at the 5 entry in the database. Some over at the F@H forum is have a problem with it.

"Nvidia    GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER    0 TU104"

I'm going to need more information than "Take a look at it". ;)

I'm not active on that forum so I would ask that you please provide links to people reporting issues that are not on this thread.

First glance it looks like F@H has added a new variant for the GPU with a different capitalization of SUPER and possible GPU code, or someone is playing with the client resulting in bad data parsing.  Link me to the original topic and I will have a look later on.

@LAR_Systems 

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35922&start=15

EDITED -

It looks like it's not your problem. They were running a new beta version of the client "I'm running the *.15 beta" and that seems to be were the problem is.

5 hours ago, marknd59 said:

I've got to say the Folding performance profile page is getting better and better please keep up your hard work.

You do have a typo "Foling projections" under folding point & power.

Thanks for catching that, updated. 

And yeah... it's coming together, wish I could give it more dedicated time, but it get's stolen moments between my job and life... so I will keep dumping in updates where I can.

Oh... and I saw the guy on the F@H was using a Beta client... so now I know what the issue is... it's not formatting the GPU ID tag correctly... including the slot number... which was the random 0.   As you can imagine, I'm not testing the beta builds with the skin and wait for full releases.

I have accounted for the beta bug on the API to fix the issue, but doubt that level of bug will make it to a real client release at F@H so hopefully not needed long term.  

2 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

And yeah... it's coming together, wish I could give it more dedicated time, but it get's stolen moments between my job and life... so I will keep dumping in updates where I can.

If there is anything I can do to help you out with things just let me know. At the moment I have all the time in  the world with nothing to do so if you need any research doing or things like that spred sheet just give me a shout.

No, that one's correct.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

No it doesn't, your label was wrong and he corrected it.

You divided "cost per day" by "points per day". Day gets eliminated, result is cost per points. It costs you X for each million points you get.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Hi there! 🙂

I'm the guy who had that issue with a beta version of the client. I thought I'd let a note to say it looks like this problem is going to stay with us for a while. Two new betas came out since then (7.6.16 and 7.6.17) and both still are modifying the GPU ID. 

And I found two typos in the extension text: 

By using this chrome extension you understand that you may be periodically providing folding@home GPU model, Work Unit ID and PPD estimate data displayed on screen to the developer for PPD average calcuations shown in this extention. 

Cheers! And thank you for this nice extension! 

9 minutes ago, A-J-M said:

Hi there! 🙂

I'm the guy who had that issue with a beta version of the client. I thought I'd let a note to say it looks like this problem is going to stay with us for a while. Two new betas came out since then (7.6.16 and 7.6.17) and both still are modifying the GPU ID. 

Hello and welcome nice to see you  thanks for coming over to keep us up to date.

I have dropped by PCGH folding teams thread today and let them guys know about the extension! 

We are now up to 168 users so it's good to see that climbing!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

@LAR_Systems did we ever work out why I am seeing the wrong points total on the extension? 

image.png.6ea76864a66e3735d14769928039d137.png

image.png.0bda725b72c7d24bd927628b3ac274db.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Update:

HFM.NET, another software that was broken by 7.6.15+, has apparently (I don't use it) be made compatible with the beta: https://github.com/harlam357/hfm-net/releases

A final release of the client won't come before September 8th, according to harlam357 (developer of HFM), as the main developer of FAH is in vacation until then. 

On 8/21/2020 at 2:17 AM, A-J-M said:

Hi there! 🙂

Hi, thanks for the info and welcome to the forum.

I have added defensive programming to the back end to catch the issue with the GPU IDs in the new beta client.   
Hope they just fix it though, guess we will find out when the F@H dev is back from vacation.

As for my spelling... yeah... this is what happens when you write directly in to a code editor in the middle of the night :)  thanks for the info and I will update in a future build.