F@H Web Client Dark Skin with PPD comparison by GPU / WU

Go to solution Solved by LAR_Systems,

HI everyone,  Quick update. 

There was some server updates today to deal with server resource issues so sorry if you  were impacted by some strangeness like WU averages etc. being a little strange while this occurred.

In addition to the cleanup you will now find that for GPU projects the Atoms and Cause is reported on the slots.

Atoms and Cause coming to CPU slots soon.

image.png.96a2a24471ee3392c37e18b8310adc99.png

The PPD indicator has been updated so there is a +/- 10% tolerance for the red or green indicators coming on for when you GPU slot is operating within this "Average" range making it a more useful indication as to when PPD is out of the ordinary.

Project pages on the database site have been updated to show the Atoms, Core and project branch status of projects.

image.png.d3fcd4c830ec61537d13dc93b7450eae.png

And CPU based project pages (link found in the CPU slots in the web client) now contain the BETA charts for PPD-PLC (PPD per logical processor) as that system builds data and is under review.

image.thumb.png.03ed6ca321e14602de92ef37145c6c2c.png

These client based updates will trickle in to the wild over the next couple hours and take effect with a refresh of the page when they do.

8 hours ago, LAR_Systems said:

The day league is done by raw PPD production, so you can be a daily AllStar but a monthly Minor league etc.

The monthly leagues are a combination of PPD production and consistency of daily folding.

So if you have the highest PPD production, but only a handful of active days in the Month you will not be a Monthly Allstar, the people that have been in the AllStar daily ranks with the most days will.

This is to level the field a little bit and reward regular folding vs someone turning on their works compute server a couple days a month to decimate the hobby folders doing the best they can everyday.

In the example you provided in the first screen shot that user in the minors with massive production for the month has only been active 13 of 26 days, so there is no way they are going to be a November All Star.   They keep it up, they will crush in December with daily consistency.   

But the model is kind of like if a pro-athlete wants to be an All Star they can't be amazing a few days a season and off injured not playing the rest of the time, that time away counts against them.

P.S.  If the user in the example keeps folding the rest of the month, they can move up in the Leagues as well, just not likely to hit AllStar but could get from Minors to Majors etc. but they are not going to see those jumps until closer to the end of the month as the number of Active days gets larger.

Thanks for the detailed explainer. I figured it was something along those lines.  My one-off use case was just "where the heck is the #1 point producer from EOC" on the League Overview and World Ranks: Current Month pages.  I guess what I was really looking for was a "All Users Daily PPD Ranks" or a "Rank by MTD Point Total", which don't exist that I could find.  Wouldn't have even noticed if I hadn't been comparing between sites trying to figure out where Jake placed globally after he turned on the afterburners this past week.

Keep up the good work on the site and the plugin!

• 1 month later...

Would love to see a light theme based on the original interface (likely with light-dark switching based on the time of day) and custom/BYO theming options (likely with CSS variables).

Is this extension open source? I've worked on this kind of stuff before

On 12/31/2023 at 7:24 PM, bl4kers said:

Would love to see a light theme based on the original interface (likely with light-dark switching based on the time of day) and custom/BYO theming options (likely with CSS variables).

Is this extension open source? I've worked on this kind of stuff before

If anyone else is interested, I made one and was able to sideload new themes.

original_light.thumb.png.e998d556c7318f147ed811e3fae381f6.png

More info: https://github.com/blakegearin/folding-at-home-in-the-dark-themes#readme

@LAR_Systems Is there an issue with the 12-week PPD trend chart on the site for individual GPUs?  Since rolling over Jan 1 there's only this week showing, no history.  I checked several of the GPUs and they all seem to have the same issue.  Only seems to affect the chart, the numbers in tables seem consistent with pre-Jan 1.

image.png.d079d3bbc0abe38e723d1e6f500d2af0.png