F@H Web Client Dark Skin with PPD comparison by GPU / WU

Go to solution Solved by LAR_Systems,

HI everyone,  Quick update. 

There was some server updates today to deal with server resource issues so sorry if you  were impacted by some strangeness like WU averages etc. being a little strange while this occurred.

In addition to the cleanup you will now find that for GPU projects the Atoms and Cause is reported on the slots.

Atoms and Cause coming to CPU slots soon.

image.png.96a2a24471ee3392c37e18b8310adc99.png

The PPD indicator has been updated so there is a +/- 10% tolerance for the red or green indicators coming on for when you GPU slot is operating within this "Average" range making it a more useful indication as to when PPD is out of the ordinary.

Project pages on the database site have been updated to show the Atoms, Core and project branch status of projects.

image.png.d3fcd4c830ec61537d13dc93b7450eae.png

And CPU based project pages (link found in the CPU slots in the web client) now contain the BETA charts for PPD-PLC (PPD per logical processor) as that system builds data and is under review.

image.thumb.png.03ed6ca321e14602de92ef37145c6c2c.png

These client based updates will trickle in to the wild over the next couple hours and take effect with a refresh of the page when they do.

As a test, I removed the space, and it seems to be recognized by the dark mode extension now. I'm not sure if that change is what fixed it, though, and it won't be persistent since the file is over-written from the server from time to time.

@LAR_Systems There does seem to be something weird going on with the 1050 Ti listing. For one, the Windows stats appears twice in the list, and the 12 week graph only shows data from this and last week.

rariteter_gpu.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 4:30 AM, gunnarre said:

@LAR_Systems There does seem to be something weird going on with the 1050 Ti listing. For one, the Windows stats appears twice in the list, and the 12 week graph only shows data from this and last week.

rariteter_gpu.png

This happens if F@H changes the entry in the GPU.txt for the same device.   It's rare, but it happens, I will give it a look.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

On 2/16/2022 at 4:30 AM, gunnarre said:

rariteter_gpu.png

It was an issue of F@H having a bad character in the GPU.txt string.

I have manually accounted for it which seems to fix up the listing and consolidate the data. https://folding.lar.systems/gpu_ppd/brands/nvidia/folding_profile/gp107_geforce_gtx_1050_ti_2138

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up for anyone following the project.

There will be GUI changing coming that include a complete re-write/design to accommodate changes to F@H stats sources and links and Chrome Extensions manifest guidelines.

This rebuild has allowed me to leverage some features (PPD averages, web client logging, optimizations, more focus on research, modern UI bordering on sci-fi movie feel) I have wanted to add for awhile but was limited working inside the F@H client HTML framework.

This is by no means done and requires plenty of testing, controls to show/hide walls of information, and most importantly creating the LTT specific skin / color scheme once the primary interface is completed.

But it's shaping up enough for a sneak peak of progress made so here we are.   Release TBD based on my time to test and wrap this up.

Fully Expanded (open everything) in default non team skin below.

image.thumb.png.b54e548fe0b25633b3621fd6aba7ea7d.png

• 3 weeks later...

Cool.

I have another weird edge case: What if I want to run the dark mode extension on my laptop to watch the folding on my headless server? I tried forwarding the web GUI port to my laptop, and the slots did show up in the extension, but the machine and CPU configuration comes from my laptop, so I quit immediately to avoid sending in any false data claiming that a MacBook Pro can fold at the same speed as the server.😅

I guess the way to go is to run Chrome on the server instead and use VNC or X-forwarding to watch what is going on.

1 hour ago, gunnarre said:

Cool.

I have another weird edge case: What if I want to run the dark mode extension on my laptop to watch the folding on my headless server? I tried forwarding the web GUI port to my laptop, and the slots did show up in the extension, but the machine and CPU configuration comes from my laptop, so I quit immediately to avoid sending in any false data claiming that a MacBook Pro can fold at the same speed as the server.😅

I guess the way to go is to run Chrome on the server instead and use VNC or X-forwarding to watch what is going on.

Yeah, unfortunately CPU detection is not part of FAH and happens in the client browser... so its an issue I can't get around when users are running it off the local device.   It's why the CPU system is still in BETA on my end, now that the core rebuild of the client is over and done I can look in to other methods of running it headless like Python/.NET Core apps just have not been able to get there yet.

EDIT: Can you describe in detail what you're doing when forwarding the ports for your headless machine to your laptop?  Perhaps I can just do something like disable CPU work unit tracking in the client if I can detect it's hitting a non local machine, but I have limited permissions in networking running in the browser.

Version 2.0 has just hit the Chrome Extension Store and is PUBLIC!

It's got some new stuff for you to use/play with.

• NEW - Timer (Time of Use) shifting allows you to set a time to start folding and finish folding so you can fold at off peak power usage times or to manage seasonal heat.
  • NEW - View a recent time allocation breakdown of research your system was working to better understand why your PPD varies due to different research projects.
  • NEW - UI Theme skin picker that allows you the flexibility to chose your style regardless of your team affiliation.
  • NEW - Monitor style picker to allow you adapt your favorite UI Theme to a number of retro style display colors.
  • NEW - Code and UI redesign to streamline the use of space and put more of a focus on the research being completed in a modern responsive UI that has been optimized to feel / be more responsive.

Give it a look and enjoy!

screen-3-skin-rgb-lambo.png

Not to put a damper on all your hard work. I love being able to see the graph and where my gpu is stacking up vs others on amount of work done per day.

But could you add a way to minimize the upper windows? I don't need to see that info. I am more worried about how my card is doing than the info windows at the top that is static information.

Chromefahextension.jpg

12 hours ago, cowboy2199 said:

Not to put a damper on all your hard work. I love being able to see the graph and where my gpu is stacking up vs others on amount of work done per day.

But could you add a way to minimize the upper windows? I don't need to see that info. I am more worried about how my card is doing than the info windows at the top that is static information.

Chromefahextension.jpg

Hey, I can give this a look for an update, but it would be helpful to know what screen resolution/size you're running the window at before I make changes that might just create a similar issue differently.

Thanks,

On 4/29/2022 at 3:09 PM, LAR_Systems said:

Can you describe in detail what you're doing when forwarding the ports for your headless machine to your laptop?  Perhaps I can just do something like disable CPU work unit tracking in the client if I can detect it's hitting a non local machine, but I have limited permissions in networking running in the browser.

I just use SSH port forwarding - with that I can tie the FoldingAtHome web control port to almost any port I want on the laptop as long as the laptop isn't already running a service there. This is so edge case, however, that it's probably not worth spending any time on.

On 4/29/2022 at 8:09 PM, cowboy2199 said:

How about if there was a toggle button on the bottom that let you flip the display like this?

image.thumb.png.ee76c0630045fddad9990c6b9429d623.png

I like that - keeps the most immediate data on the top.

Small issue: a "%20" is being added to the "Project URL" when you click it on the profile page, somehow.

And this particular "Project URL" leads to the author's page, not to any description of the project (albeit I understand that LAR probably cannot fix that).

image.thumb.png.1a548975e445fe8c6a94acaf5d1efdf9.png

On 5/6/2022 at 1:30 PM, A-J-M said:

Small issue: a "%20" is being added to the "Project URL" when you click it on the profile page, somehow.

And this particular "Project URL" leads to the author's page, not to any description of the project (albeit I understand that LAR probably cannot fix that).

Thanks for the report this has bene fixed.

Question about using the timer to define a time to NOT fold.  I want the machine to take a break between 1pm and 5pm due to seasonal heat.  I can only set it up to start folding at 5pm and stop folding at 1pm, which gives me 4 hours of active time.  There's not an option to add multiple times per day or I'd set it up to start at midnight to 1pm, then from 5pm to midnight.

Am I just looking at this dumb?  How do I do this?

Screenshot 2022-05-09 061421.png

Hi

The 'Team' tab in the centre of the top of the 'In the Dark' display shows zero points contributed to the team.
Is something wrong here?

Best Regards

fah.jpg

Yes, you have not set up your team since the left says you're in Default (none specified)

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

6 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Yes, you have not set up your team since the left says you're in Default (none specified)

Thought that might be it.

The wording could be improved or removed for non team members, I think.  Plus it needed an apostrophe.

Thanks

Edited by Zotric
Improved text

10 hours ago, sleebus.jones said:

Question about using the timer to define a time to NOT fold.  I want the machine to take a break between 1pm and 5pm due to seasonal heat.  I can only set it up to start folding at 5pm and stop folding at 1pm, which gives me 4 hours of active time.  There's not an option to add multiple times per day or I'd set it up to start at midnight to 1pm, then from 5pm to midnight.

Am I just looking at this dumb?  How do I do this?

You have found a bug in the daily use estimate that is making the form more confusing that it needs to be. 

To start folding at 5:00 PM each afternoon and stop folding at 1PM the next day to avoid the hot afternoon you will set it like this.

image.png.333c3150aaee688cea84b670f22afe89.png

Thanks to your post I have updated the code to include little hints in the start/finish info to say daily, next day, same day etc. depending on the hours selected and fixed the bug in the Daily Use estimate.

You can set the client to these hours right now and it should do what you're looking for, but the Daily use estimate hours will be small / wrong for now.

I have submitted the bug fix to the web store for Google review and you should see what I'm showing here in a few days once they approve the change.   In the meantime if you set these hours the system should start at 5PM each day, fold 20 hours and switch to finish the next day at 1PM.

Cheers,

On 5/9/2022 at 5:15 PM, LAR_Systems said:

Thanks to your post I have updated the code to include little hints in the start/finish info to say daily, next day, same day etc. depending on the hours selected and fixed the bug in the Daily Use estimate.

Awesome!  Thanks for the quick response.  🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to tell the web client v2.0 to keep collecting data, even when the browser is minimized? I remember v1 would just collect samples in that situation

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

Howto collect stats from a headless Linux Machine using a Windows System with SSH Port-fowarding:

Note: will only work for one system at a time.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

3 hours ago, Gorgon said:

Howto collect stats from a headless Linux Machine using a Windows System with SSH Port-fowarding:

Note: will only work for one system at a time.

@LAR_Systems If you can figure out how to wrap your client around https://localhost:port# then multiple systems could be supported. The only issue is they would mis-report the host OS as Windows rather than Linux.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

Just now, Gorgon said:

@LAR_Systems If you can figure out how to wrap your client around https://localhost:port# then multiple systems could be supported. The only issue is they would mis-report the host OS as Windows rather than Linux.

You already have my head spinning on that with your post. 

Would mean running the client logic a bit different, but not too different and just disabling CPU reporting if you were using this approach.

I was working on a python client (so it runs on everything) that would send data headless to the cloud and then report back to page kind of like how crypto mining systems work... the issue then becomes the traffic, data, overhead, cost on my end aka... but this could be a nice middle ground cause I could support multiple ports in a config screen, the user just has to get them on localhost where I'm allow to talk to them.