F@H Web Client Dark Skin with PPD comparison by GPU / WU

Go to solution Solved by LAR_Systems,

HI everyone,  Quick update. 

There was some server updates today to deal with server resource issues so sorry if you  were impacted by some strangeness like WU averages etc. being a little strange while this occurred.

In addition to the cleanup you will now find that for GPU projects the Atoms and Cause is reported on the slots.

Atoms and Cause coming to CPU slots soon.

image.png.96a2a24471ee3392c37e18b8310adc99.png

The PPD indicator has been updated so there is a +/- 10% tolerance for the red or green indicators coming on for when you GPU slot is operating within this "Average" range making it a more useful indication as to when PPD is out of the ordinary.

Project pages on the database site have been updated to show the Atoms, Core and project branch status of projects.

image.png.d3fcd4c830ec61537d13dc93b7450eae.png

And CPU based project pages (link found in the CPU slots in the web client) now contain the BETA charts for PPD-PLC (PPD per logical processor) as that system builds data and is under review.

image.thumb.png.03ed6ca321e14602de92ef37145c6c2c.png

These client based updates will trickle in to the wild over the next couple hours and take effect with a refresh of the page when they do.

On 7/26/2020 at 1:23 PM, marknd59 said:

@LAR_Systems I just dropped a link to https://folding.lar.systems/ over on the F@H dicord I hope it's OK.

All good by me!  Thanks for spreading the word.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

@LAR_Systems the post over at the support forum has a question.

"Given that HFM can query remote clients, getting your extension to do the same would be awesome."

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35922&p=340746#p340746

Hi guys, I asked that question. I like the extension but there is a surefire way to get more users of it which is to allow the webclient to control remote systems that otherwise can only be controlled with AdvancedControl. Obviously most folders only have the one system but power users are almost certain to have multiple machines. I'm not going to install an extension on multiple machines.

P.S. I seem to be the first to provide data on a TitanX :)

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

4 minutes ago, HaloJones said:

Hi guys, I asked that question. I like the extension but there is a surefire way to get more users of it which is to allow the webclient to control remote systems that otherwise can only be controlled with AdvancedControl. Obviously most folders only have the one system but power users are almost certain to have multiple machines. I'm not going to install an extension on multiple machines.

P.S. I seem to be the first to provide data on a TitanX :)

Nice of you to pop over and visit.

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Interesting. So the constraint is Google's rules for Chrome whereas HFM as a Windows program can query whatever it likes.

What about getting a request in to the HFM developer to pass his collected data to your DB? For example - and I deleted my HFM db a couple of months ago, it currently holds >7000 results that could be feeding your DB.

2 hours ago, HaloJones said:

Interesting. So the constraint is Google's rules for Chrome whereas HFM as a Windows program can query whatever it likes.

What about getting a request in to the HFM developer to pass his collected data to your DB? For example - and I deleted my HFM db a couple of months ago, it currently holds >7000 results that could be feeding your DB.

There was similar talk in this thread too, feel free to scroll through 10 pages, it's not much.

He/we do(es) not need it as the database needs to be fresh, and not from old WUs.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

I'm not suggesting taking the old data from HFM, but fresh data as it collects it.

BTW, I understand there is supposed to be a "disable animations" option but I don't see it on the v1.1.1 extension?

15 minutes ago, HaloJones said:

I'm not suggesting taking the old data from HFM, but fresh data as it collects it.

BTW, I understand there is supposed to be a "disable animations" option but I don't see it on the v1.1.1 extension?

Bottem left corner should look like this.

01.jpg

OK, it doesn't. I have enable no sleep mode but not disable animations. that's on Chrome on Windows 10 and on Linux Mint 18. Google Chrome is up to date.

11 minutes ago, HaloJones said:

OK, it doesn't. I have enable no sleep mode but not disable animations. that's on Chrome on Windows 10 and on Linux Mint 18. Google Chrome is up to date.

I have no idea why it's not working for you. Maybe someone else here can figure it out.

I think it's only available if you fold for LTT to avoid confusing normal users... there was discussion earlier in the thread, might want to search for it to check.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Hi Everyone,

Not a huge update, but wanted to let you know I have done some performance optimizations to the stats site and database in preparation of some upcoming additions.

You should find navigating the lists and GPU profiles much faster now as the data tables have been reprogrammed to remove the use of JS frameworks that were bogging things down the page load.

Goal is to get pages flat, small and fast for caching before adding some charts and other data tools to aid in visualizing and using PPD data gathered.

Preparing tools now for the launch (and hopefully purchase) of new GPUs in the fall that I'm sure we will all be very interested in seeing the performance on compared to other GPUs.

Cheers,

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

2 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

-snip-

Thank you for your continued work on this! 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

If you want me too I'll be happy to try to spread the word about the extention. I'm just sitting around all day with nothing to do but I've only just got into Folding so I don't know where to get the word out to. If people can let me know places to visit I'll see what I can do.

@LAR_Systems would you be able to update the screenshots on the Folding in the dark website, it seems that they could do with it :) 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

On 8/11/2020 at 10:20 PM, marknd59 said:

Using data from the database I've been working on the following spreadsheet. I've got a problem with AMD cards due to the way F@H groups them togeather. Anyone any ideas how to include them ?

GPU PPD per kWh

Not to discourage you but don't want you to sink too much time etc. as dynamic info of this nature is on the way.

In the works already is cost per PPD and cost per Watt.

These would change in realtime based on daily updates to a GPUs PPD as it fluctuates based on work units, drivers and folding cores regularly.   

Costs therefore would also be estimated wattage, based on a high, average and low.

Reason for that is related to reference cards vs aftermarket cards having ranging wattage requirements due to different  factory overclocks, number of fans, water pumps (AIOs) etc.

So the goal becomes to provide a best and worst understanding of operation cost to performance for a GPU model as that's all we really know about the GPUs with the folding data, GPU.  The user then has to figure for themselves the wattage of the card they are looking at.

These will then be presented in a GPU ranking lists as best PPD by wattage efficiency.

A similar approach will be applied to cost range vs PPD.  (Spoiler 2060 Supers currently look like king of price to performance per watt folding)

And we already show over PPD.

End goal is providing users with a solid way to make a informed decision based on current folding cores if they are trying to do the following.

1) Get the most PPD in a single card in a single slot in their computer
2) Get the most cost effective PPD in a single card in a single slot in their computer
3) Get the most balanced cost, wattage and PPD in cases where you might be building a multi-gpu full time server

Cheers,

37 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

A similar approach will be applied to cost range vs PPD.  (Spoiler 2060 Supers currently look like king of price to performance per watt folding)

I started the sheet because I was looking to up grade to a better GPU. Guess what I got. 2 x 2060 supers. They are way ahead even better if you power limit them to 80% mine are drawing 137w and almost no difference in PPD.

2 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

I started the sheet because I was looking to up grade to a better GPU. Guess what I got. 2 x 2060 supers. They are way ahead even better if you power limit them to 80% mine are drawing 137w.

Yep, the bulk of my folding fleet for cold weather are 2060 Supers.   The delta in performance vs cost and power of the 2070/80 supers makes it a really easy choice.

I hope I eat those words with the next gen and there is more difference between cards.

But last gen folding was all 1060s hitting the same balance of power, PPD and cost as well.