F@H Web Client Dark Skin with PPD comparison by GPU / WU

Go to solution Solved by LAR_Systems,

HI everyone,  Quick update. 

There was some server updates today to deal with server resource issues so sorry if you  were impacted by some strangeness like WU averages etc. being a little strange while this occurred.

In addition to the cleanup you will now find that for GPU projects the Atoms and Cause is reported on the slots.

Atoms and Cause coming to CPU slots soon.

image.png.96a2a24471ee3392c37e18b8310adc99.png

The PPD indicator has been updated so there is a +/- 10% tolerance for the red or green indicators coming on for when you GPU slot is operating within this "Average" range making it a more useful indication as to when PPD is out of the ordinary.

Project pages on the database site have been updated to show the Atoms, Core and project branch status of projects.

image.png.d3fcd4c830ec61537d13dc93b7450eae.png

And CPU based project pages (link found in the CPU slots in the web client) now contain the BETA charts for PPD-PLC (PPD per logical processor) as that system builds data and is under review.

image.thumb.png.03ed6ca321e14602de92ef37145c6c2c.png

These client based updates will trickle in to the wild over the next couple hours and take effect with a refresh of the page when they do.

Yup, seems much better how it is now.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 hours ago, LAR_Systems said:

When you click on no sleep mode in the footer the stats should go away then display the message below to let you know you are in no sleep mode is this not showing up?   

Wanted to make it a seamless toggle so you quickly disable no sleep, take a peek at your stats and click the link again to re-enable without the page loads etc.

image.png.b13976cca4ab2fd49a1959ea1e7e95f9.png

As I said here:

10 hours ago, Favebook said:

I can see that USER STATS DISPLAY disappears when I enable it,

I noticed that, and it is awesome you did that, I like it. Seamless toggle is nice too. I just gave you my opinion, I personally would like a small pop-up which I can then exit by clicking "ok" or anywhere on screen outside of pop-up.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

Hmmm , it seems that when "No Sleep Mode" is enabled the description of the active WU is not refreshed. If i refresh the whole page then everything is ok.

div.PNG

1 hour ago, Scarfy said:

Hmmm , it seems that when "No Sleep Mode" is enabled the description of the active WU is not refreshed. If i refresh the whole page then everything is ok.

div.PNG

What company are you using for that instance?

Folding@Home Stats:

Main site - Extreme Overclocking

Currently running 1 PC and 2 servers with a total of 23 CPU Cores/Threads & an EVGA Geforce RTX 2060 graphics card

12 minutes ago, ssmmdd said:

What company are you using for that instance?

Google Cloud Platform

10 hours ago, Favebook said:

As I said here:

I noticed that, and it is awesome you did that, I like it. Seamless toggle is nice too. I just gave you my opinion, I personally would like a small pop-up which I can then exit by clicking "ok" or anywhere on screen outside of pop-up.

Sorry, I was just confirming that the stats disappeared and the message appeared for you.   Programming new states for stuff while the default logic is sometimes doing something else can be fun ;).

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

53 minutes ago, Scarfy said:

Google Cloud Platform

May I ask what Instance name? (Or would it be better to ask over PM?)

Folding@Home Stats:

Currently running 1 PC and 2 servers with a total of 23 CPU Cores/Threads & an EVGA Geforce RTX 2060 graphics card

3 hours ago, Scarfy said:

div.PNG

I'm on it. good news it's a glitch in the way F@H triggers update to the description, but the WUs logged to the PPD DB are getting the correct project ID.

Testing a patch for this on my system today, deploy as soon as I have seen it change a couple projects... Probably never noticed this as my main dev machine just gets 11742 over and over.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

Seeing as the V100 has not been getting any WU for about 2 hours , i decided to fire up another machine with a Tesla P100 , so soon we will have another GPU in the database.

image.thumb.png.05fb10a298fd5ab8b01f7dd9017b75a5.png

@LAR_Systems Thank you Sir for all the work you put into this. just installed your extension. this is so much better!

Desktop: Intel Core i7-9700K | Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | Balistix Sport 32GB | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | Samsung 860 EVO 250GB | 4TB HDD

Corsair RM750xASUS ROG Stryx GeForce RTX 2070 Super OC | Be quiet! silent base 801

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad T-430

Community Standards

Folding@Home

My Stats F@H

@LAR_Systems a couple of times now v1.0.8 has droppped out of No Sleep Mode all by it's for some reason.

EDITED

Hang on it might not be your problem. Chrome has started to sign me out for some reason, I think that might be the cause.

On 6/16/2020 at 8:25 AM, LAR_Systems said:

I'm on it. good news it's a glitch in the way F@H triggers update to the description, but the WUs logged to the PPD DB are getting the correct project ID.

Testing a patch for this on my system today, deploy as soon as I have seen it change a couple projects... Probably never noticed this as my main dev machine just gets 11742 over and over.

I have investigated this... appears the default client logic does not update this panel when it updates the slots work unit info because they expect it to go to sleep and then reset everything when you come back... silly F@H programmers.

So I have updated the code in the extension to check and sync if the displayed WU and description match, set and load if they don't.

Should appear in v1.0.9 in the next day or so once it clears Google approval.   Thanks for providing the info.

@LAR_Systems Just discovered this plug-in and love it.  Excellent work!  Running v1.0.9 in Brave and everything looks slick and running smooth.

A couple of things I noticed playing around with things.

1. The "Points earned across all teams" doesn't seem to be including points that went towards Default team.  Which I guess is accurate because the Default team is for those whom haven't specified a team at all, but I had expected to see that number matching the "Total score" field on the F@H donor page.  If it's intended that contributions to Default aren't included would suggest adding an asterisk/note to the label for that field.
  2. The EOC Stats link doesn't work if I middle-click it with the mouse to open in a new tab (or right-click and choose the option to open link in new tab).  If I just click on the link, it correctly opens the site in a new tab, but I've been in the habit of using the middle-click most of the time.  This affects any of the links prefixed with chrome-extension.
    1. If I middle-click on any of the links prefixed with chrome-extension, except the EOC link, I actually get a new tab with the full web control again, rather than the intended pop-out dialog, drop-down menu, or change in state (i.e. animations or no-sleep mode).
    2. If I click on them in quick succession some of the tabs will also show a "Web Control Halted" pop-up.

One other thought I had related to populating the PPD database (yay statistics!).  Would it be feasible/make sense to back-fill with data collected by HFM.NET?  I've got a solid 3-months of 24/7 data I'd be willing to submit if it would be useful.

Hi all, latest patch is on Google.  @ssmmdd

Version 1.0.9 – Beta Updates & Patches
---------------------------------------------

Fix - Case where project description does not match currently running WU project ID when in no sleep mode.

8 hours ago, Justaphf said:

@LAR_Systems Just discovered this plug-in and love it.  Excellent work!  Running v1.0.9 in Brave and everything looks slick and running smooth.

A couple of things I noticed playing around with things.

1. The "Points earned across all teams" doesn't seem to be including points that went towards Default team.  Which I guess is accurate because the Default team is for those whom haven't specified a team at all, but I had expected to see that number matching the "Total score" field on the F@H donor page.  If it's intended that contributions to Default aren't included would suggest adding an asterisk/note to the label for that field.
  2. The EOC Stats link doesn't work if I middle-click it with the mouse to open in a new tab (or right-click and choose the option to open link in new tab).  If I just click on the link, it correctly opens the site in a new tab, but I've been in the habit of using the middle-click most of the time.  This affects any of the links prefixed with chrome-extension.
    1. If I middle-click on any of the links prefixed with chrome-extension, except the EOC link, I actually get a new tab with the full web control again, rather than the intended pop-out dialog, drop-down menu, or change in state (i.e. animations or no-sleep mode).
    2. If I click on them in quick succession some of the tabs will also show a "Web Control Halted" pop-up.

One other thought I had related to populating the PPD database (yay statistics!).  Would it be feasible/make sense to back-fill with data collected by HFM.NET?  I've got a solid 3-months of 24/7 data I'd be willing to submit if it would be useful.

Glad you're enjoying the plug-in few quick responses to your comments / questions below.

1.  The points earned and method used for calculation are out of my control as they provided by F@Hs built in API directly and are the same as using the default client.  What they do or do not include is what this displays.  I have looked in to running my own full stats server, but frankly if I do not have the time or resources at the moment to have at minimum what EOC provides. If I'm not bringing anything new to the table I would rather focus on the GPU data and let EOC keep doing a great job.

2. The EOC stats link is not a link, but more of a button.  By that I mean that the way it works is that on click JavaScript actually disables default link behavior and builds a form post that is then sent to EOC to load the page.   The reason for this is that user EOC stats pages user ID is not your F@H username, but their own user ID number (probably for performance reasons) so there is no way from the web client to know that number and directly link to the profile.   Instead the JavaScript function posts a form to their user search page back end to pass your username, have them lookup their ID and their server redirects to the profile page.   Long story short.. in the next build I will change the event handler to onmousedown... so any click of the mouse on the link to trigger it's function... but I can't make it work like a link as you might expect it to be.

3. When you're opening multiple copies of the extension through what you're doing, the F@H will detect multiple versions running in the same session and show the halt message, means you have a new one running in a tab etc.   This should be resolved if you can't right / middle click default as addressed in #2.

4. While I appreciate the offer to load in back data, that's actually the kind of thing I wanted to avoid / improve on with this system vs other "GPU DBs" online.   

The goal of this system is to use random (good and bad) real time and recent samples to inform and change the GPU PPD scores regularly.   There are many google docs, web pages and forum posts with what a GPU should produce in PPD often from around when new GPUs are released.   But they are often guesses, averages, projection or team green or red biased.   

The goal here is something that flows in new information hourly from real world users to account for differences in card models, power targets, time of year (heat/cold), F@H cores, and sub core updates, and most importantly work units as they launch new ones, evolve, update or are discontinued.

This system is pushing in on a month old soon and the longest term data I'm likely to keep / show for the overall scores is the past 30-90 days of WUs available for the card, created by the system as it informs current real world PPD scores.

Older data does not help users trying to tune their folding cards, buy and sell GPUs etc. as the PPD scores beyond that window are not likely to reflect changes to all the above on top of changes to drivers, os patches etc.   

If we start seeing WUs for example that tank the PPD on a 2080ti but run flawless on a 2060 Super getting higher PPD... we want to show that.  I want a database that does not say 2080ti is king because it's supposed to be, it only should be top of the list if it actually is at the moment.  It might only be the case for a few weeks until F@H optimizes the WUs, but if it's what is happening now folders need to know that so they don't think something else and start tearing down their boxes looking for a problem.

I know it's kinda of a philosophy thing for how I'm handling the data, but I have analyzed it looking at the data in a way that makes sense for this as an "industry" and historical data does not actually provide any value in the folders context in terms of projection, historical modeling etc. like it would in say the financial sector etc.   There are far too many variables and nothing cyclical about it.

The only people that might be able to use long term historical data is F@H themselves for WU / service development by GPU... which of course has it all.

TLDR: I will fix what I can, have a plan for the stats and am sorry you got my pre-caffeinated forum post of the day.

Just took another look at the page , and it seems that now the WU id in the GPU Performance tab is not updating correctly.

wu_1.png

1 hour ago, Scarfy said:

Just took another look at the page , and it seems that now the WU id in the GPU Performance tab is not updating correctly.

wu_1.png

The base clients programming is going to push me to burn it all and write it from scratch... I can feel it..

23 hours ago, LAR_Systems said:

Hi all, latest patch is on Google.  @ssmmdd

Version 1.0.9 – Beta Updates & Patches

Fix - Case where project description does not match currently running WU project ID when in no sleep mode.

I'm unsure why I'm tagged in this.

Folding@Home Stats:

8 minutes ago, ssmmdd said:

I'm unsure why I'm tagged in this.

He likes you? :D

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

18 hours ago, Scarfy said:

wu_1.png

This issue should be resolved in the latest build published v1.1.0

Version 1.1.0 – Beta Updates & Patches

Fix - Case where project description does not match currently displayed GPU comparison WU project ID when in no sleep mode.

4 hours ago, marknd59 said:

@LAR_Systems  My 2060 GPU is being compared to 2060 KO. This is the 1st time I've seen it happen 

screenshot-2020.06.20-20_17_41.jpg

Same data, different name, that entry is showing the same backend processor as a KO so I changed the name. Can you give me the make and exact model of your 2060 so I can make a note in the dB code it’s actually a 2060 if that entry shows up in the data in this case.

thanks

@LAR_Systems I've got your Plugin running on a Google Cloud server running a Tesla V100, more data for your records. :)

I can only afford to have this mental thing running for a few days, but I'm hoping to make ~20 million points in that time.

image.png.05b737ac501f24e0231111fd8269423e.png

Folding@Home Stats: