Would you buy Razer products if they were affordable?

Or would you still be too concerned about the quality control and lack of support provided by Razer?

Keyboards: no, I don't like their switches.

Mice: Maybe? I guess? I mainly don't buy those because I don't think I would want to shell out that much money for a mouse

Headphones: no, in my experience they are bad (for what I expect in headphones)

Mousepads: it's just a pad. If it is as cheap as any other branded/unbranded pad; sure.

Laptops: nope, read far too many horror stories.

Anything else: there is nothing else I really care about from Razer, so can't think of other reasons to avoid them..

In conclusion, I would maybe buy some stuff from them if they were cheaper? But some products I would still very much avoid from them.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, 7412 said:

Or would you still be too concerned about the quality control and lack of support provided by Razer?

Nope their QC is too bad. They’d have to drop a LOT in price to match competitors. I’d pay the same for a Logitech keyboard because it’s Logitech for example. Even cooler master is decent like I’ve recently had a key cap letter wear away really weirdly so they’ve just sent me a new set. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Their mice still exhibit micro switch double click failures after 15 years of complaints. They really have to be one of the absolute worst manufacturers in existence when it comes to reliability.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Razer mice, maybe... I don't know everything that I've ever used by them has been kind of crap. I've never used their mice but have heard good(and some bad) things. But I've tried their headsets and keyboards and wasn't impressed especially for what they are priced at. Razer in my opinion is all hype and no bite.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Personally, I love Razer products and I happen to be a huge fan of the quality peripherals that this brand offers in the market. RGB syncing is one of the best features of Razer. I did build my own PC last year using their peripherals and I found them to be highly useful. 

I do not prefer the premium high end products from the brand because I don’t think there is any value in it, but I certainly prefer the mouse, speaker, keyboard, and headset unit offered by the brand. I think I am the only person to have a different view on this regard compared to others! Anyway, this is completely my own personal opinion.

All of Razer's products are so bad that if I got one for free I would just immediatly sell it. Fuck Razer and all their horrible products.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Back in the day when Razer were good.

Now just buy Logitech or Corsair unless a specific brand has a product you really like for a certain reason (ultra light feature or shape etc)

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Overpriced Plastic Garbage with shiny blingbling. Nope. I had Razer, its trash.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

2 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

All of Razer's products are so bad that if I got one for free I would just immediatly sell it. Fuck Razer and all their horrible products.

have you ever owned one of their products for any amount of time?

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

12 minutes ago, Acid Panda said:

have you ever owned one of their products for any amount of time?

I had a keyboard of theirs and it was awful. Even forgetting how shitty Cherry MX switches are, the board was built like shit, ugly as fuck, the keycaps sucked, and it died shortly after purchase (albeit secondhand).

EDIT: Forget exactly which model, I think a Blackwidow of some sort.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Honestly no. I currently have a Razer Keyboard and Mouse (Blackwidow X TE and Mamba TE) and while they work well enough, I feel like I made the wrong decision when I bought them a few years back. I'm surprised with how long these have lasted based on what I've heard around online but the fact that my keyboard isn't supported anymore even though the version with the plastic case over it is, and that their support wont give a reason why, is enough to make me want to abandon their stuff. The keyboard also isn't much to cry home about now that I've been trying some other styles out.

~~The Rig~~

||   CPU: Ryzen 5 1500x   ||   CPU COOLER: Stock Wraith Spire   ||   Mobo: MSI Tomahawk B350   ||   Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 (3000mHz)   ||   SSD: Inland 120gb (Bootdrive)   ||   HDD(s): Seagate 1tb/WD Green 1tb   ||   GPU: Radeon 480 (reference design)  ||   Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite  ||   PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2   ||

If they cut their prices significantly, I could consider trying an Oberweaver or Tartarus if my G13 dies. Logitech seems to have abandoned keypads, so it's go used or go bust, and the "commodity" alternatives seem to lack most of the advantages of having a keypad (mainly, ergonomics). That leaves Razer as the only one making a potential substitute for the G13.

Frankly, I can't understand why no one else jumps to this market, despite everyone and their dog making "gaming keyboards" that are as bad for gaming as any other random keyboard - typing comfortably simply requires a different layout that gaming comfortably, and no amount of RGB is going to solve that.

I guess ultimately the reason is that they can't expect to get away with the insane prices of "gaming keyboards" on keypads, safe for Razer who seems to be doing exactly that (their pads are priced even higher than the G13 ever, was, I think - and even the G13 is something that I only bought second-hand due to the steep retail price).

Still, Logitech could sell the G13 today as it was, zero further investment on design or anything other than manufacturing, for let's say EUR 40-50, and it would be the number one go-to peripheral for gaming. Except it probably wouldn't, and people would continue to pay EUR 100 and more to twist and contort their hands over brightly illuminated abominations while gaming, and the full 1920's typewriter experience when doing anything else.

And also, get off my lawn /rant :P 

Back to the original question, those are the two products I'd consider buying at some point for significantly lower prices than current.

lol i already buy razer products, my keyboard, mouse and headset is razer so ofc i would by them

40 minutes ago, Tetramino said:

lol i already buy razer products, my keyboard, mouse and headset is razer so ofc i would by them

*Are

Doesn't it bother you that, especially on the headset side, you can get much better from other brands for the same price or less?

I really like their mice. They have the most comfortable mouse designs. You pretty much have to install synapse for them to work properly, and that makes them completely useless to me. 

Also the rgb should be able to be disabled without the software. 

Personally can't say about their quality, though only ones now that I'd even look at are Huntsman TE and Viper too. 

Either way, I have their mouse bungee. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I might buy their products at a severe price cut. If most of their products were like 1/4 their current price then yeah. Their QC is bad enough that at 1/4 price I would buy and have no complaints, as things stand now you'd practically have to hold me at gun point in order for me to even consider buying something from them. Except their mouse bungee, cause that's actually one of the few products they have this is actually decent. 

CPU | Ryzen 7 2700X MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX B450-F (not my proudest buy but it was on sale at the time) RAM3200mhz Trident Z 16GB GPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 CaseLian Li 011 Air Storage500GB NVME for boot, 1TB storage, x3 3TB in raid 5 for long term storage PSUThermaltake Toughpower Grand Display(s)240hz 1080p Asus display, 4k cheap display from korea Cooling | Enermax LIQFusion 240mm Keyboard(s) | White fox w/ NK Creams( lubed with 205g0) and DSA Nerd Keycaps
, Tofu (e-white) w/ Hako Royal Purples (lubed with 104g0) and GMK Olivia, TGR Alice w/ Nixies (lubed with 205g0), Switch Coulture Alice w/ C3 Tangerines (lubed with 205g0) waiting for DSA Magic Girl, HHKB Pro 2, Leopold FC660C MiceGlorious Model O, Zowie Divina EC1-B, Logitech MX Master

On 5/15/2020 at 10:09 AM, Lord Vile said:

*Are

Doesn't it bother you that, especially on the headset side, you can get much better from other brands for the same price or less?

not realy at this point its better for all my products to be razer so that i dont need 5 softwares for the same purpose

9 minutes ago, Tetramino said:

not realy at this point its better for all my products to be razer so that i dont need 5 softwares for the same purpose

You could just not have any software? Or have headphones that don’t have RGB that you never see on them 

I bought a used razer blackwiddow stealth 2013 for 30$ cad. I think it was a pretty good deal.  It had only one green led illuminating the logo and also usb and audio passthrough which was convenient.  It was quite sturdy, no flex at all and was quite heavy.  The cherry brown switches were somehow mushy and had a really light weight and basically no tactile bump so they almost felt linear.  It was quite quiet to type on and I was able to type a bit faster than what I'm able to on my current keyboard.  The macro keys on the left side were annoyingly in the way and I always pressed them when I was trying to play or even sometimes when typing.  I installed synapse to see what it looked like.  Honestly I found it quite easy to work with.  I know the keyboard didn't have any led to play with so I can't talk about the lightning integration, but for macro recording it seemed quite easy to use.   In the end I sold it cause it was way too big for my desk and I wanted to get a tkl board. 

That's about my only experience with razer and honestly it was not that bad of a product for the price I paid.  It would have suited me better if there was no macro keys, if the board was tkl with thin bezel.  Also a white version would have been appropriate since the no backlight dark legend on black was a bit hard to read.  That was before I even heard about replacing keycap ... but then again the bottom row is not standard so good luck finding a set.

Brand new I would have paid no more than 80$ cad for it.  Honestly when you can have more premium products for the same price or less then just jump on it. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD