[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd share a little MOD that I did.

I was fed-up the the "bad" airflow of the case, specially when in a confined area. Temps used to hit about 55C under full load. Now only hitting 38-40C. 

The pictures do not give it any justice, I'll take some proper ones later (Get it out of the dark hole lol!)

I cut a rectangle in the front. Placed rubber round the outsides and then some mesh behind.

I'm not sure about the LED STRIPS, I think some LED FANS may look better? Thoughts?

x7kte.jpg - Powered down

16786ed.jpg - Powered up

20sav4x.jpg - Powered up

Could do with better camera, once I come around to taking more i'll use a proper camera instead of my phone. 

Hi Guys,

I was fed-up the the "bad" airflow of the case, specially when in a confined area. Temps used to hit about 55C under full load. Now only hitting 38-40C. 

The pictures do not give it any justice, I'll take some proper ones later (Get it out of the dark hole lol!)

I cut a rectangle in the front. Placed rubber round the outsides and then some mesh behind.

I'm not sure about the LED STRIPS, I think some LED FANS may look better? Thoughts?

Could do with better camera, once I come around to taking more i'll use a proper camera instead of my phone.

How was a temp of 55 degrees bad?

I don't like the look of it personally, I just think it clashes with the overall design of the case.

Finally , after waiting 2 years to finalize , and build a new system , here it is : 

Big thanks to @Faceman , @airdeano and @Nomy for help and general tips . 

Re-uploaded : 

post-96961-0-19170200-1435359711_thumb.jpost-96961-0-18713500-1435359713_thumb.j

Tho , the current setup is as following : 

i5-4690k + Freezer i30

ASUS Z97-A

8 GB HyperX Fury 1866Mhz

XFX 850W XXX Edition , Semi-Modular

120GB HyperX SSD

1 TB WD Blue 

H440 , personal favorite. 

HD5770 <====== TO BE REPLACED , yet to decide on what to pair up . 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

Finally , after waiting 2 years to finalize , and build a new system , here it is :

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

( excuses for crappy photo quality , its the best my camera could manage )

i5-4690k + Freezer i30

ASUS Z97-A

8 GB HyperX Fury 1866Mhz

120GB HyperX SSD

1 TB WD Blue

Congratulations on the new build, though your photo links appear broken.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Congratulations on the new build, though your photo links appear broken.

i can see them just fine , il try to re-edit them 

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

i can see them just fine.. even in fluffy's quoted comment, all clear..

i can see them just fine.. even in fluffy's quoted comment, all clear..

You and him must be the only ones

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

hummm,

He changed them. They're still broken (for me) in the quoted ones earlier

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Hi Guys,

http://i57.tinypic.com/x7kte.jpg - Powered down

http://i62.tinypic.com/16786ed.jpg - Powered up

http://i59.tinypic.com/20sav4x.jpg - Powered up

sorry but for me you have ruined that case 55C under load was fine

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

First post here, been lurking while I prepare my new build just wanted to show you guys it!

Graphics card is being changed (970),2 sticks of blue Corsair Vengeance are being added and the 8 PIN ATX is being changed to a blue braided to match the rest (stupidly ordered an 8 PIN PCIE) and go around the back of the board, so they'll hopefully arrive this week. Love this case, even people not into computers comment on how nice it is.

j834I2tl.jpg

GG65IPTl.jpg

gapzQLpl.jpg

7DgoiTCl.jpg

lr8vf7al.jpg

Case - NZXT H440 CPU - Intel i7 3770k RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz PSU - OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W HDD - Crucial MX100 256GBSSD/Western Digital 640GB HDD GPU - Zotac GTX 460 768MB OC Monitors - Dual Samsung 27" 1080p Phone - Lumia 830

First post here, been lurking while I prepare my new build just wanted to show you guys it!

Graphics card is being changed (970),2 sticks of blue Corsair Vengeance are being added and the 8 PIN ATX is being changed to a blue braided to match the rest (stupidly ordered an 8 PIN PCIE) and go around the back of the board, so they'll hopefully arrive this week. Love this case, even people not into computers comment on how nice it is.

-snip-

Beautiful build, man. Really digging the blue; well done.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

could it be the HDD activity light? disconnect that from the mobo and verify the

issue.

Re-uploaded : 

attachicon.gifIMG_3279.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3280.jpg

i5-4690k + Freezer i30

ASUS Z97-A

8 GB HyperX Fury 1866Mhz

120GB HyperX SSD

1 TB WD Blue 

Nice build man! I would recommend a strix 970 (would match the build nicely) as its a good pairing with the 4690k!

Just waiting to find the money for my 970, gunna go for a gigabyte G1 gaming edition as it will go with my build well! (see sig) Once I get that I shall make a post featuring mine again, now I have done my upgrades!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Nice build man! I would recommend a strix 970 (would match the build nicely) as its a good pairing with the 4690k!

Just waiting to find the money for my 970, gunna go for a gigabyte G1 gaming edition as it will go with my build well! (see sig) Once I get that I shall make a post featuring mine again, now I have done my upgrades!

In the process of grabbing a 390 Nitro for around 286$ .... 

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Hi Guys,

- Powered down

- Powered up

- Powered up

Hey can you get some better pics? I know that @1Scotty1 is looking to mod his case.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Hey can you get some better pics? I know that @1Scotty1 is looking to mod his case.

Yes, some better pictures would be nice :) I plan to do the same thing, but a cut-out big enought just around the fans, I have the exact dimensions and it is being ready for cutting at my work and should be done later this week (too much work there) so I will post pictures then ;)

why are people cutting this case just take the front off

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Ordered this case today. I want to put an AIO in it for a cleaner look than an air-cooler can give, but I've seen people saying this case reaches awful temps with an AIO and performs much better with an air-cooler. I see a lot of people in here running CLC's in their h440's, which is confusing given what I have read. Is there a way to mount a 240mm CLC that doesn't give screwy temps?

In the process of grabbing a 390 Nitro for around 286$ .... 

Nice work man, not sure how these compare to a 970 I shall give it a google now!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

why are people cutting this case just take the front off

Because I don't want to remove the panel every time I need to and then put it back on...

Nice work man, not sure how these compare to a 970 I shall give it a google now!

Most reviews / benchmarks show it above the 970 in almost any situation ... Also the particular cooler ( Sapphire ) , shows the thing never got above 70.C ... ( legit reviews shows it hit 64.C max which is impressive ) , does use more power , and the card is massive ( 304mm ) 

So that brings a side question : NZXT site states 298mm clearance for the GPU with the HDD trays in place ... A nitro 390 is 304mm meaning i must remove one or two to make room for the GPU ?? 

I have every single one removed but the installed HDD one ... im just worried the thing might interfere with the HDD cage itself ... 

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Most reviews / benchmarks show it above the 970 in almost any situation ... Also the particular cooler ( Sapphire ) , shows the thing never got above 70.C ... ( legit reviews shows it hit 64.C max which is impressive ) , does use more power , and the card is massive ( 304mm )

So that brings a side question : NZXT site states 298mm clearance for the GPU with the HDD trays in place ... A nitro 390 is 304mm meaning i must remove one or two to make room for the GPU ??

I have every single one removed but the installed HDD one ... im just worried the thing might interfere with the HDD cage itself ...

The card will only pretude slightly so you should be fine removing one HDD tray, just make sure that the PCIe power is connected first before you fit it in.

Future Build: Intel i7-4790K // Corsair H100i GTX in Pull // ASUS Maximus VII Hero // HyperX Savage 16GB (2x8GB) 2133Mhz // ASUS Strix Nvidia 980Ti (Still to purchase) // Corsair HX1000i (With CableMod C-Series Black/Red cables) // Storage / HyperX Savage 240GB  SSD / HyperX Savage 480GB SSD / Seagate Baracuda 3TB HDD // NZXT H440 Black/Red (With SP120 QE's x3 as intake, AF140 QE x1 exhaust) [still to purchase and intall the fans] // Windows 10 Home // Case extras / mnpctech.com clear replacement CNC machined H440 replacement window (Still to buy) / Bitfenix Alcamy 2.0 Magnetic white LED strip (Have pre-ordered)