[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

Try connecting the power to the the Fan 1 header (Think it is from the factory) and plug the fans in one by one to see if enough power is being supplied for them all to the run

I doubt it would be enough, nevertheless I do not have the right cable to test it.

I just measured the voltage of every fan hub output pin, all of them give out about 12 volts on the middle pin, 10-11 volts on the other two.

EDIT: LEDs work, I forgot to press the button. Fans still don't.

EDIT: Found the issue. The input connector doesn't work very good, I moved it a little out and all fans started to run. I also found another cable from Molex to the input (came with my PSU), will try it out if it works better.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

I doubt it would be enough, nevertheless I do not have the right cable to test it.

I just measured the voltage of every fan hub output pin, all of them give out about 12 volts on the middle pin, 10-11 volts on the other two.

EDIT: Found the issue. The input connector doesn't work very good, I moved it a little out and all fans started to run. I also found another cable from Molex to the input (came with my PSU), will try it out if it works better.

Oh Odd. I was going to suggest that too. Glad it's fixed tho.

Future Build: Intel i7-4790K // Corsair H100i GTX in Pull // ASUS Maximus VII Hero // HyperX Savage 16GB (2x8GB) 2133Mhz // ASUS Strix Nvidia 980Ti (Still to purchase) // Corsair HX1000i (With CableMod C-Series Black/Red cables) // Storage / HyperX Savage 240GB  SSD / HyperX Savage 480GB SSD / Seagate Baracuda 3TB HDD // NZXT H440 Black/Red (With SP120 QE's x3 as intake, AF140 QE x1 exhaust) [still to purchase and intall the fans] // Windows 10 Home // Case extras / mnpctech.com clear replacement CNC machined H440 replacement window (Still to buy) / Bitfenix Alcamy 2.0 Magnetic white LED strip (Have pre-ordered)

The input to the fan header was weird for me too, if your would bump it the fans and lights would shut off. I put a zip tie around the middle to keep the two constantly pushed together. Has worked great for me so far.

After you guys having this problem I think I will be using the mobo PWM fan headers for the 4 case fans

Future Build: Intel i7-4790K // Corsair H100i GTX in Pull // ASUS Maximus VII Hero // HyperX Savage 16GB (2x8GB) 2133Mhz // ASUS Strix Nvidia 980Ti (Still to purchase) // Corsair HX1000i (With CableMod C-Series Black/Red cables) // Storage / HyperX Savage 240GB  SSD / HyperX Savage 480GB SSD / Seagate Baracuda 3TB HDD // NZXT H440 Black/Red (With SP120 QE's x3 as intake, AF140 QE x1 exhaust) [still to purchase and intall the fans] // Windows 10 Home // Case extras / mnpctech.com clear replacement CNC machined H440 replacement window (Still to buy) / Bitfenix Alcamy 2.0 Magnetic white LED strip (Have pre-ordered)

After you guys having this problem I think I will be using the mobo PWM fan headers for the 4 case fans

I have only CPU fan (used by aio watercooling pump) and 2 chassis fan headers (1 used for 2x120mm fans for radiator) on my motherboard, hence the fan hub solution was necessary for me with such amount of fans. It works now and the case looks great, sounds quiet too compared to my old Cooler Master N400.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

I have only CPU fan (used by aio watercooling pump) and 2 chassis fan headers (1 used for 2x120mm fans for radiator) on my motherboard, hence the fan hub solution was necessary for me with such amount of fans. It works now and the case looks great, sounds quiet too compared to my old Cooler Master N400.

May just use a LNA with the fan controller if the fans are too loud

Hi all, i'm recently upgrading my H440 build with SLI and x61 cooler.

Couldn't decide on the air flow setup, need a some suggestion.

previous build

Front: 3 stock 120mm fans intake

Top: 2 120mm fans exhaust

Rear: 1 stock 140mm fan exhaust

CPU cooler: Hyper 212x with 2 stock fans blowing front to back

Upgrade

Hyper 212x → Kraken x61

Add second 970 as SLI

Because I need to keep most of the HDD cages, placing x61 radiator at the front won't be an option for me.

The problem comes down to whether I should set radiator fans on top as intake or exhaust.

Option 1 - x61 with intake

+: best cooling for AIO.

-: too much intake?(5in, 1out) May need suggestion for replacing a powerful rear exhaust fan...

Option 2 - x61 with exhaust

+: a more balanced positive pressure setup.

-: AIO draws hot air from inside the case.

Which would be a better solution? Or is there a better 3rd option?

CPU: i7-4770K @4.5GHz, MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H, RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz 8G x2, GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD.

Case:  NZXT H440 (white), Storage: Liteon 256GB M.2 SSD + Liteon 240GB 2.5" SSD + Hitachi 1TB x2 (RAID 1), PSU: 750W SilverStone, Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61.

Monitor: BenQ EW2440L *2, Mouse: Razer DA Chroma, Razer Orochi, AORUS M7, KB: Corsair K70 RGB, KBT RACE II, Razer BW Chroma, Razer Orbweaver Headset: AKG K512, Steelseries H Wireless

Guys, I need help with the airflow. I have a 240 rad exhaust on the front- this leaves the bottom fan slot open, but the radiator size makes pretty impossible for me to mount the fan. For intake, I want to put fans on the top, that way cold air directly cools the back of my gpu, but the fans that come in the case don't move air at all with the top panel on...any suggestions? 

Hi all, i'm recently upgrading my H440 build with SLI and x61 cooler.

Couldn't decide on the air flow setup, need a some suggestion.

previous build

Front: 3 stock 120mm fans intake

Top: 2 120mm fans exhaust

Rear: 1 stock 140mm fan exhaust

CPU cooler: Hyper 212x with 2 stock fans blowing front to back

Upgrade

Hyper 212x → Kraken x61

Add second 970 as SLI

Because I need to keep most of the HDD cages, placing x61 radiator at the front won't be an option for me.

The problem comes down to whether I should set radiator fans on top as intake or exhaust.

-: too much intake?(5in, 1out) May need suggestion for replacing a powerful rear exhaust fan...

I would put the rad on the top as a push or pull exhaust

Guys, I need help with the airflow. I have a 240 rad exhaust on the front- this leaves the bottom fan slot open, but the radiator size makes pretty impossible for me to mount the fan. For intake, I want to put fans on the top, that way cold air directly cools the back of my gpu, but the fans that come in the case don't move air at all with the top panel on...any suggestions?

Some high static pressure fans are a good bet, some Corsair SP120's for example.

I am going to be using these in my build for the front intake and the top exhaust for the 240 rad

Hey I need some help with air flow. I was wondering what are the cheapest fans that will give me better airflow as front intake compared to stock ?

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

I would put the rad on the top as a push or pull exhaust

wouldn't that make it negative pressure ? 3 semi choked 120mm intake 2 semi choked 120mm exhaust and a free flowing 140mm exhaust ?
Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

wouldn't that make it negative pressure ? 3 semi choked 120mm intake 2 semi choked 120mm exhaust and a free flowing 140mm exhaust ?

I have read that the majority of people that have this case have their 240 rad on the top and thermals are pretty good

I have read that the majority of people that have this case have their 240 rad on the top and thermals are pretty good

Plus you are better off getting more air out of that case that is going in to get as much heat out of the case as possible

Hey I need some help with air flow. I was wondering what are the cheapest fans that will give me better airflow as front intake compared to stock ?

The stock fans are actually pretty good, have a look at the video that Luke did with the stock fans and some nf-f12's in the h440

Plus you are better off getting more air out of that case that is going in to get as much heat out of the case as possible

I have the same concern of creating negative pressure if using x61 as exhaust as well...

What if I reverse the rear 140mm as intake and add an extra 120mm top fan as exhaust?

Or would it be too much intake for the "semi choked" top fans to exhaust?

CPU: i7-4770K @4.5GHz, MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H, RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz 8G x2, GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD.

Case:  NZXT H440 (white), Storage: Liteon 256GB M.2 SSD + Liteon 240GB 2.5" SSD + Hitachi 1TB x2 (RAID 1), PSU: 750W SilverStone, Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61.

Monitor: BenQ EW2440L *2, Mouse: Razer DA Chroma, Razer Orochi, AORUS M7, KB: Corsair K70 RGB, KBT RACE II, Razer BW Chroma, Razer Orbweaver Headset: AKG K512, Steelseries H Wireless

I have the same concern of creating negative pressure if using x61 as exhaust as well...

What if I reverse the rear 140mm as intake and add an extra 120mm top fan as exhaust?

I think that if you have the x61 on either the front or the top there will be no room for an extra fan next to it

I have the three in the front as intake and the three at the top and back as exhaust. It is probably what most people do and remember that the 140mm fan doesnt spin as fast as the 120mm fans, so that makes them closer to equal. 

I have the three in the front as intake and the three at the top and back as exhaust. It is probably what most people do and remember that the 140mm fan doesnt spin as fast as the 120mm fans, so that makes them closer to equal.

What he said ^

H440 is the last part of my pc I'm waiting for. Can't wait till I have my pc.

People be looking for a reason to flame.

H440 is the last part of my pc I'm waiting for. Can't wait till I have my pc.

I only have the case PSU and mobo for mine... -_- Can't wait till I have it all! [emoji14]

exhaust  if your gonna sli the g1 gaming (looked at your sig so i assume its that card).  the aftermarket cards tend to blow warm air in to the case so sdding the warm from the cpu will add to the situation.

there fairly solid for the most part so the case fans should be fine, if you must change i would go for noctuas, noise blockers or corsair sp range.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

The stock fans are actually pretty good, have a look at the video that Luke did with the stock fans and some nf-f12's in the h440

but that's the thing they used a blower style gpu and an aio I'm using a tower cooler and an open air gpu so thays why there wasn't much if improvement cause there was no heat going into the case it was all being exhausted right out of the case. Where mine has all the hot air blowing directly into the case that's why that video was kinda useless
Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

but that's the thing they used a blower style gpu and an aio I'm using a tower cooler and an open air gpu so thays why there wasn't much if improvement cause there was no heat going into the case it was all being exhausted right out of the case. Where mine has all the hot air blowing directly into the case that's why that video was kinda useless

There will probably only be a marginal difference

There will probably only be a marginal difference

actually that would make a big differance, why do you think people use blower design coolers in smaller builds ? just think with an aio as exhaust and a blower gpu there probably wouldnt even be a problem if you only had 1 120mm intake, where as if you had an open air gpu and cpu air cooler, just think, lets say a constant 60 degrees is blowing into the case from the cpu than add the constant 70 plus degrees from the gpu blowing into the case so you need good airflow to get that hot air out. if you had an aio as exhaust and a blower gpu there would be essentially no heat actuyally in the case because it would all be going directly out the case.

Spoiler

and a car thread !