[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

I think you misread, because those parts I get.

What I'm confused about is the I/O harness and side panel.

There's a YT video on this forum where they cut out one those rubber/grommets and placed it under the board (I get that electoral tape is a better alternative).

Though why are there more things such as removing the I/O shield/cover and side panel? is there a post somewhere I could look up?

In other words what are the side panels and I/O harness airdeano talking about (on the Rampage V Extreme).

There's a YT video on this forum where they cut out one those rubber/grommets and placed it under the board (I get that electoral tape is a better alternative).

Though why are there more things such as removing the I/O shield/cover and side panel? is there a post somewhere I could look up?

In other words what are the side panels and I/O harness airdeano talking about (on the Rampage V Extreme).

Sorry, yes I did!

As you say you just have to make sure that the edge of the MB PCB is insulated and doesn't touch anything metal in the case otherwise it will short-circuit.

Future Build: Intel i7-4790K // Corsair H100i GTX in Pull // ASUS Maximus VII Hero // HyperX Savage 16GB (2x8GB) 2133Mhz // ASUS Strix Nvidia 980Ti (Still to purchase) // Corsair HX1000i (With CableMod C-Series Black/Red cables) // Storage / HyperX Savage 240GB  SSD / HyperX Savage 480GB SSD / Seagate Baracuda 3TB HDD // NZXT H440 Black/Red (With SP120 QE's x3 as intake, AF140 QE x1 exhaust) [still to purchase and intall the fans] // Windows 10 Home // Case extras / mnpctech.com clear replacement CNC machined H440 replacement window (Still to buy) / Bitfenix Alcamy 2.0 Magnetic white LED strip (Have pre-ordered)

Also have a look at this post from earlier on in this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/132478-could-one-mod-a-h440-to-fit-a-e-atx-motherboard-or-does-it-actually-support-e-atx/?p=1764484

Future Build: Intel i7-4790K // Corsair H100i GTX in Pull // ASUS Maximus VII Hero // HyperX Savage 16GB (2x8GB) 2133Mhz // ASUS Strix Nvidia 980Ti (Still to purchase) // Corsair HX1000i (With CableMod C-Series Black/Red cables) // Storage / HyperX Savage 240GB  SSD / HyperX Savage 480GB SSD / Seagate Baracuda 3TB HDD // NZXT H440 Black/Red (With SP120 QE's x3 as intake, AF140 QE x1 exhaust) [still to purchase and intall the fans] // Windows 10 Home // Case extras / mnpctech.com clear replacement CNC machined H440 replacement window (Still to buy) / Bitfenix Alcamy 2.0 Magnetic white LED strip (Have pre-ordered)

and here is the ASUS R5E masked (red represents masked area)

Cheers, I think I was over thinking what you initially wrote so that caused some confusion.

Thanks again gents...

remove the three rubber grommets along right side of motherboard tray

The thought occurred to me last time you posted this (About a Rampage IV Black IIRC, as it were) but why do you remove the grommets, is it a clearance issue? Because i'd have thought that they not only wouldn't have been in the way, but would have (worst case) provided some installation/spacing off of the steel casing.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

The thought occurred to me last time you posted this (About a Rampage IV Black IIRC, as it were) but why do you remove the grommets, is it a clearance issue? Because i'd have thought that they not only wouldn't have been in the way, but would have (worst case) provided some installation/spacing off of the steel casing.

due to the thickness of the grommet, it doesn't allow the mobo to lay flat (instead at an angle)

rather makes the motherboard bow upward. the compression against the grommets causes

the mobo to bow with a lot of tension.

I would like to join... How do I?

buy a case, build your rig with the case, take a picture or two and post it within

this thread and you'll be a part of the Unofficial LTT NZXT H440 Owners Club.

easy-peasy

buy a case, build your rig with the case, take a picture or two and post it within

this thread and you'll be a part of the Unofficial LTT NZXT H440 Owners Club.

easy-peasy

If he has the money too [emoji14]

So i am about to buy one and i was wondering is it easy to change the Led colour of the NZXT logo. Had it even been done before?

So bought, it should arrive this week.

It's thanks to the slight modding you guys posted that sealed the deal.

Idk why full towers gotta look like they do, I honestly can't say that I like how any of them look.

If only NZXT would improve the next version of the H series and allow E-ATX to fit by default and maybe 1-2 5'25 in bays then all would be well in in this world.

The H630? doesn't look the same as the H440 so that dropped off.

So bought, it should arrive this week.

It's thanks to the slight modding you guys posted that sealed the deal.

Idk why full towers gotta look like they do, I honestly can't say that I like how any of them look.

If only NZXT would improve the next version of the H series and allow E-ATX to fit by default and maybe 1-2 5'25 in bays then all would be well in in this world.

The H630? doesn't look the same as the H440 so that dropped off.

I do agree, pictures of the finished build maybe?

Question to the thread:

Am I the only one on this thread with the Orange/Black H440? I have seen the powder coated white/orange case somebody has (sorry I can't remember your username). Aside from that, I feel like orange is underrepresented.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Nice build!

Closely similar to the components I am going with for mine soon.

Also, where have you got the HUE controller in the case?

It Probably just sitting under the hard drives or somthing

Yes, i put it under the harddrive cages next tot the open space for the PSU. I am considering replacing it or modding the HUE, to access it now i need to open the back panel and my cable management is a HUGE mess so its not the most optimal solution. I have no idea how i'm going to do it but i  will someday. :)

127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1

CPU i7-4790K | CPU Cooler Corsair H100i GTX | MOBO MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | GPU Asus GTX 970 Strix | Memory HyperX Savage (2x 8GB) DDR3-1600 | Storage SSD Samsung 850 250GB HDD  2x Western Digital Blue 1TB | PSU Corsair RM750 750W | Case NZXT H440 (Red/Black) | Monitor Iiyama Prolite X2380HS 60Hz 23.0" | Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB (MX Brown) | Mouse Corsair M65 RGB

So I'm about to get a H440 and I have a question about how much heat will this thing take, I want to put dual 290X's running in uber mode, with a overclocked 5820K all on a eatx board will there be problems with temperature or motherboard tray sag from the weight.

If that's too much I have the option to build a different system with a i5 3450 and dual 7950's in the case if that would be more suitable.

So I'm about to get a H440 and I have a question about how much heat will this thing take, I want to put dual 290X's running in uber mode, with a overclocked 5820K all on a eatx board will there be problems with temperature or motherboard tray sag from the weight.

If that's too much I have the option to build a different system with a i5 3450 and dual 7950's in the case if that would be more suitable.

You'll have to mod to get the EATX motherboard in there, other than that get some solid pressure optimized fans for intake and you're good.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to know if I can fit a G1 980ti in the h440 I mean the maximum cardlength is 294 but the card actually is 295. do i really have to remove hdd cages for 1mm?

People be looking for a reason to flame.

I would like to know if I can fit a G1 980ti in the h440 I mean the maximum cardlength is 294 but the card actually is 295. do i really have to remove hdd cages for 1mm?

The it is the card height that you would want to worry about as you can just removed a couple of the HDD sledges, the height is a worry as you wont be able to fit the PCIe power cables in if it is even the slightest too tall.

Guys help I have a problem, I got a H440 used for 80$ with no damage and they cost 140$ where I live so I'm happy with it, the only problem I have is, it came with no 3.5 inch hard drive sleds, is there a place I can buy them from, or could you send me the dimenshions of them so I can fabricate my own.

Guys help I have a problem, I got a H440 used for 80$ with no damage and they cost 140$ where I live so I'm happy with it, the only problem I have is, it came with no 3.5 inch hard drive sleds, is there a place I can buy them from, or could you send me the dimenshions of them so I can fabricate my own.

I would of just got a new one.... Check with NZXT support how much a replacement set of them is

It was 60$ cheaper and mint, I would take that any day.

But I will ball sorry and see if they can help.

Sorry bud, just thinking that it could be expensive as a replacement phantom side panel is $25 on their store