[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

Where did you find the GTs? Nobody seems to sell them anymore.

Ebay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scythe-Gentle-Typhoon-D1225C12B9AP-30-4-250rpm-120mmx120mmx25mm-Case-Fan-/271890460484?hash=item3f4def2f44

Only thing i did to the fan so i didnt go deaf is that i soldered a 4th wire to it ( PWM ) , split the cables so that the +12V and GND go to the PSU directly , while the RPM and PWM ones go to the motherboard .. Also braided the cables , for a much nicer finish . 

That way , i have both high CFM and static pressure when i need it , but i get to keep my hearing ... Even tho the fan mounted in the front behind the panel is hardly audible till around 1500RPM... 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

I have a 970 and trying to connect the display port is a pain it doesn't seam to fit properly and I don't always get a picture I think it might be the io slots on the back anyone have this issue?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Control stock fans in H440?

I have read this whole thread, viewed a couple of Youtube videos and some other posts. I am still trying to figure out how to best manage the 4 stock fans in the H440. I just built a new Skylake rig together with my daughter, turned out to be a great gaming computer.

Here is the thing, I would like to control the 4 fans with voltage control, via a motherboard sys-fan connector. According to this post at reddit another user have used a female-female mini molex (4pin-3pin, or 3pin-3pin) to connect a sys-fan port directly to the included fan hub in the back of the H440.

We have a NZXT KrakenX61 for CPU cooling, and to be honest we have now used the computer without the 4 stock fans connected at all, and temperature never go above 50 celsius (Skylake i5, MSI 970 4GB and MSI Gaming M5 motherboard). As I see it, I have three options that I would like to try, and I am asking for advice or comments from anyone who have tried similar:

Alternative 1: Power fans from Motherboard. Find a female-female 4pin-3pin and connect fan hub with 4 stock fans directly to motherboard (electricity load ok?)

Alternative 2: Power fans from PSU with voltage "decrease" from 12V to 7V

Alternative 3: Skip Stock fans completely and only use Kraken X61 and fans on GPU (MSI 970)

Thanks all for your enthusiasm, knowledge and support

(slightly adjusted Alternative 1 is to use all three sys-fan connectors on motherboard and then a couple of cable splitters and not using the fan hub at all)

I have a 970 and trying to connect the display port is a pain it doesn't seam to fit properly and I don't always get a picture I think it might be the io slots on the back anyone have this issue?

Hi. We just hade to slightly adjust the fitting of our MSI 970 GPU card, just loosened the screws and the pushed the GPU card all the way (perhaps 1-1,5mm) we could and then tightened, and display port and hdmi work just fine

Control stock fans in H440?

I have read this whole thread, viewed a couple of Youtube videos and some other posts. I am still trying to figure out how to best manage the 4 stock fans in the H440. I just built a new Skylake rig together with my daughter, turned out to be a great gaming computer.

Here is the thing, I would like to control the 4 fans with voltage control, via a motherboard sys-fan connector. According to this post at reddit another user have used a female-female mini molex (4pin-3pin, or 3pin-3pin) to connect a sys-fan port directly to the included fan hub in the back of the H440.

We have a NZXT KrakenX61 for CPU cooling, and to be honest we have now used the computer without the 4 stock fans connected at all, and temperature never go above 50 celsius (Skylake i5, MSI 970 4GB and MSI Gaming M5 motherboard). As I see it, I have three options that I would like to try, and I am asking for advice or comments from anyone who have tried similar:

Alternative 1: Power fans from Motherboard. Find a female-female 4pin-3pin and connect fan hub with 4 stock fans directly to motherboard (electricity load ok?)

Alternative 2: Power fans from PSU with voltage "decrease" from 12V to 7V

Alternative 3: Skip Stock fans completely and only use Kraken X61 and fans on GPU (MSI 970)

Thanks all for your enthusiasm, knowledge and support

(slightly adjusted Alternative 1 is to use all three sys-fan connectors on motherboard and then a couple of cable splitters and not using the fan hub at all)

i run all the fans from off my board but i dont ave an AIO water cooler so i use the the second cpu fan for one of them. i know its possible to run multiple fans off 1 header you need to check what you fan headers output in terms of voltage (or maybe amps?) then just buy a splitter.

Hi. We just hade to slightly adjust the fitting of our MSI 970 GPU card, just loosened the screws and the pushed the GPU card all the way (perhaps 1-1,5mm) we could and then tightened, and display port and hdmi work just fine

will look into it

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys , i need some advice : 

12038779_1131056710255922_52195112723200

This is the PC finally completed ( R9 390 yooo ) , and im having temperature / noise concerns... 

It worked wonderfully before the installation of the 390... the card itself is a beast , its quiet , cool and awesome looking ...

Tho it comes at a price : the amount of HEAT this thing can dissipate ... I just did a test , and with the fans off , its kinda like a radiator , just heat coming off of it ... when the fans turn on it turns into an oven ... 

The card itself never went above 68.C ( even in Furmark @ 1125Mhz , 1750mhz Memory , 1.102V ) ... but the rest of the PC suffers ... 

Front of the case has 2 stock NZXT fans , and a GT AP-30 in the middle ( blowing directly at the card ) . On the back is a GlideStream 140mm ( high airflow ) , and on the top , i have the stock nzxt 140mm near the back , and the stock NZXT 120mm above the HDD cage . 

The CPU at 4.2Ghz 1.15V gets to around 65.C in Crysis 3 , and no matter how i set the fans , it cant drop that temp ... Cooler is a Freezer i30 .. 

Solution im thinking of is putting all three GT AP-30s in the front ... ( at least planned ) Or put an AIO on the CPU , so its isolated from the rest of the case ... ( X41 ) ... 

Do you guys have better ideas ? Im gonna lose my hearing soon  <_<

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

Ok guys , i need some advice : 

12038779_1131056710255922_52195112723200

This is the PC finally completed ( R9 390 yooo ) , and im having temperature / noise concerns... 

It worked wonderfully before the installation of the 390... the card itself is a beast , its quiet , cool and awesome looking ...

Tho it comes at a price : the amount of HEAT this thing can dissipate ... I just did a test , and with the fans off , its kinda like a radiator , just heat coming off of it ... when the fans turn on it turns into an oven ... 

The card itself never went above 68.C ( even in Furmark @ 1125Mhz , 1750mhz Memory , 1.102V ) ... but the rest of the PC suffers ... 

Front of the case has 2 stock NZXT fans , and a GT AP-30 in the middle ( blowing directly at the card ) . On the back is a GlideStream 140mm ( high airflow ) , and on the top , i have the stock nzxt 140mm near the back , and the stock NZXT 120mm above the HDD cage . 

The CPU at 4.2Ghz 1.15V gets to around 65.C in Crysis 3 , and no matter how i set the fans , it cant drop that temp ... Cooler is a Freezer i30 .. 

Solution im thinking of is putting all three GT AP-30s in the front ... ( at least planned ) Or put an AIO on the CPU , so its isolated from the rest of the case ... ( X41 ) ... 

Do you guys have better ideas ? Im gonna lose my hearing soon  <_<

You can safely let your cpu go up into the 80's. So, just lower your fan speeds on your cpu, and you'll probably be able to get it into acceptable noise levels. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I built my computer myself for the first time. It contains a i7-6700K CPU which is cooled by an Enermax Liqtech 240. I decided to go for this AIO Watercooling because of several things. First of all the „pumps case“ is compeletey made of metal with an heatsink at the top. This leads to a better heat distribution and overall build quality. Secondly I really love that the pump is completely silent. I have to put my ear right next tot he pump (10 cm) tob e able to hear the pump at all. Finally I like the radiator design : ) 

As I am doing a lot of Photoshop work I decided to go for 32 GB of RAM (Hyper X DDR4)  :D

The CPU Idles at 23-27°C (Office work, Chrome, radiator fans at 60%, Pump at 2000rpm=65%) and reaches 55-65°C (in average) under full load (Aida64 extreme, real bench). I replaced all included Case-Fans with Corsair-Fans (see specs). The Computer is now really silent and i love it.

These are the full specs:

·         CPU = i7-6700K (stock clock)

·         Motherboard = Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero

·         RAM = 32GB (4x 8192MB) HyperX FURY Black DDR4-2666 DIMM CL15-17-17

·         GPU = EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ with Backplate

·         Case = NZXT H440 White

·         Storage = 250GB Samsung 850 Evo + 250GB Samsung 840 Evo 

·         Storage = 3TB Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001

·         PSU = 650 Watt Corsair RMi Series Modular 80+ Gold

·         CPU-Cooling= Enermax Liqtech 240

·          Front-Case-Fans = 3 x Noctua NF-F12

·          Rear-Case-Fan = 1 x Corsair AF 140

·          Radiator-Fans = 2 x Corsair SP120 PWM quiet edition

Total costs: 1600,00€

Txbr86V.jpg

DAAQHxF.jpgpost-231654-0-73861200-1444601747_thumb.

The photos look amazingly clear! Was any post-editing aplied?

the case and rig look great by the way!  :D

Hi!

I built my computer myself for the first time. It contains a i7-6700K CPU which is cooled by an Enermax Liqtech 240. I decided to go for this AIO Watercooling because of several things. First of all the „pumps case“ is compeletey made of metal with an heatsink at the top. This leads to a better heat distribution and overall build quality. Secondly I really love that the pump is completely silent. I have to put my ear right next tot he pump (10 cm) tob e able to hear the pump at all. Finally I like the radiator design : ) 

As I am doing a lot of Photoshop work I decided to go for 32 GB of RAM (Hyper X DDR4)  :D

The CPU Idles at 23-27°C (Office work, Chrome, radiator fans at 60%, Pump at 2000rpm=65%) and reaches 55-65°C (in average) under full load (Aida64 extreme, real bench). I replaced all included Case-Fans with Corsair-Fans (see specs). The Computer is now really silent and i love it.

These are the full specs:

·         CPU = i7-6700K

·         Motherboard = Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero

·         RAM = 32GB (4x 8192MB) HyperX FURY Black DDR4-2666 DIMM CL15-17-17

·         GPU = EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ with Backplate

·         Case = NZXT H440 White

·         Storage = 250GB Samsung 850 Evo + 250GB Samsung 840 Evo 

·         PSU = 650 Watt Corsair RMi Series Modular 80+ Gold

·         CPU-Cooling= Enermax Liqtech 240

·          Front-Case-Fan = Noctua NF-F12

·          Rear-Case-Fan = Corsair AF 140

·          Radiator-Fans = Corsair SP120 PWM quiet edition

CPU: i7-4770K @4.5GHz, MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H, RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz 8G x2, GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD.

Case:  NZXT H440 (white), Storage: Liteon 256GB M.2 SSD + Liteon 240GB 2.5" SSD + Hitachi 1TB x2 (RAID 1), PSU: 750W SilverStone, Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61.

Monitor: BenQ EW2440L *2, Mouse: Razer DA Chroma, Razer Orochi, AORUS M7, KB: Corsair K70 RGB, KBT RACE II, Razer BW Chroma, Razer Orbweaver Headset: AKG K512, Steelseries H Wireless

The photos look amazingly clear! Was any post-editing aplied?

the case and rig look great by the way!  :D

Thank you Jonathan :).

Yes indeed. I add contrast, pushed the dark areas and played with some filters in photoshop :D

By the way, do you know where I can buy "clips" for aligning the sleeves of the GPUs Power cables? I can't find them in germany.

Have a nice day :)

Thank you Jonathan :).

Yes indeed. I add contrast, pushed the dark areas and played with some filters in photoshop :D

By the way, do you know where I can buy "clips" for aligning the sleeves of the GPUs Power cables? I can't find them in germany.

Have a nice day :)

Hi welcome to the forums and lovely build mate!!! They are called cable combs is the proper name, give Ebay or you equivalent a search they are pretty commonly stocked! Or you can use small cables ties to make them if you have alot of time on your hands!!!!

Good luck m8

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Hi welcome to the forums and lovely build mate!!! They are called cable combs is the proper name, give Ebay or you equivalent a search they are pretty commonly stocked! Or you can use small cables ties to make them if you have alot of time on your hands!!!!

Good luck m8

Thank you so much Samsterstorm. I found some retailers who sell cable combs :)  And thank you for the warm welcome. see you

Thank you so much Samsterstorm. I found some retailers who sell cable combs :)  And thank you for the warm welcome. see you

No problem! Post some more pictures when you have got the system complete!!!

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Thought I posted my build here, guess I didn't. Here's looking to get on that list :P

(Will upload better pictures later, this is the only one I have on hand)

post-61159-0-72761700-1445352331_thumb.j

Specs and peripherals are in my sig, but for those who don't want to have to open it

wVEz4LG.png?1

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Thought I posted my build here, guess I didn't. Here's looking to get on that list :P

(Will upload better pictures later, this is the only one I have on hand)

attachicon.gifCNSiI50UwAQzgSC.jpg

Specs and peripherals are in my sig, but for those who don't want to have to open it

wVEz4LG.png?1

Lovely build mate good system as well!!! Glad to see another blue fan in the H440 house ;) Was looking at the H220-x as a replacement for my h100i, is it any good and does it fit well into that case?

Lovely build mate good system as well!!! Glad to see another blue fan in the H440 house ;) Was looking at the H220-x as a replacement for my h100i, is it any good and does it fit well into that case?

Thanks for the compliments! I rock a pretty awesome blue and black rig, I don't know why, just red and black computers don't appeal to me as much. The H240-x cools pretty well only reaching 50 to 60 degree range while on heavy load and with my 4690k OC'd to 4.3GHz. Haven't had any problems with it so far, I will recommend (though this may seem rudimentary) to pull air out of the case rather than in. Can't speak for the H220-x as I'm running an H240-x, but I mean the H240-x is bigger and the only thing I had to do was put it in the hard drive bay area first and then shift the rest in due to the length, nothing big, same thing I had to do with my 780ti. 

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

My H440 was a bit of a mess, the fan controller did not function at all so I had to remove it from the case and used a Akasa 5 fan PWM fan splitter I had lying around. Once i got this all set up the stock 140mm rear exhaust fan set on fire and stopped spinning! I had a few corsair AF140s lying around as well so I replaced that and all was well.

My specs and setup:

Keyboard and Mouse: Corsair k70 RGB , Razer naga 2014 (I used a blackwidow 2014 but it was too loud so now it's under my bed)

Screen: Asus MG279Q 

Headset: Astro a50 2nd Gen

PC:

Asus GeForce GTX 980Ti DC3 OC Strix 

Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero

Skylake Core i7 6700K CPU

Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3200MHz (Replaced original bars with dominator light bars)

Corsair AX860i Digital ATX '80 Plus Platinum' Modular Power Supply

Corsair Hydro H110i GT 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Samsung 128GB SSD 850 PRO 

Samsung 1TB SSD 850 PRO 

Corsair Generation 2 Sleeved Cables (Red)

20151025_145342.jpg

20151025_145407.jpg

Hi guys,

Here is my rig.

pc_zpso3vpw109.jpg

Windows 10
Intel Core i7 4770K @ overclocked 4,4 GHz
24GB RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro - DDR3 2400Mhz
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VI EXTREME 
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (ASUStek Computer Inc) overclocked 1070 MHz

3x SSD, 1x HDD:
Windows drives RAID 2x SSD: 117GB Intel Raid 0 Volume (RAID)
Games SSD: 238GB SanDisk SDSSDHP256G (SSD)
Docs: 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 (SATA)

Corsair H100i water cooler
Corsair RM750 power supply
Corsair fans

Hi guys,

Here is my rig.

-snip-

Windows 10
Intel Core i7 4770K @ overclocked 4,4 GHz
24GB RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro - DDR3 2400Mhz
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VI EXTREME 
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (ASUStek Computer Inc) overclocked 1070 MHz

3x SSD, 1x HDD:
Windows drives RAID 2x SSD: 117GB Intel Raid 0 Volume (RAID)
Games SSD: 238GB SanDisk SDSSDHP256G (SSD)
Docs: 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 (SATA)

Corsair H100i water cooler
Corsair RM750 power supply
Corsair fans

Um,

Nice rig but I have to ask...

Did you join a few minutes ago just to post this?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460; MOBO: ASRock H97M-PRO4; RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 @ 1600MHz; SSD: A-Data SP600 128GB; HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB; GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB; PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W; Case: Thermaltake Core V21 w/ AF140 blue LED fan (exhaust); Monitor: Acer H226HQLBid 21.5" 60Hz 5ms IPS (GTG) HDMI

Well. I wanted to introduce, and this is how i wanted to do it :-) 

Been reading a while tho. 

So yes, i made the account to post my rig if you don't mind. 

Well. I wanted to introduce, and this is how i wanted to do it :-) 

Been reading a while tho. 

So yes, i made the account to post my rig if you don't mind. 

I don't mind at all! :)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460; MOBO: ASRock H97M-PRO4; RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 @ 1600MHz; SSD: A-Data SP600 128GB; HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB; GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB; PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W; Case: Thermaltake Core V21 w/ AF140 blue LED fan (exhaust); Monitor: Acer H226HQLBid 21.5" 60Hz 5ms IPS (GTG) HDMI

Hi guys i want to build my first custom pc http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/b6QLZL

and i wanted to ask if the temps will be okay if i place the radiator on the top as a intake push config.

I woluld really appreciate if someone who has experience with this case could help thx :)

New to the forum so pls dont blame me for mistakes :P

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

it'll be fine, but the top as an intake means the air into the case will not be filtered

(there is no filter in the roof), as why many use this as an exhaust position.

Thanks for the compliments! I rock a pretty awesome blue and black rig, I don't know why, just red and black computers don't appeal to me as much. The H240-x cools pretty well only reaching 50 to 60 degree range while on heavy load and with my 4690k OC'd to 4.3GHz. Haven't had any problems with it so far, I will recommend (though this may seem rudimentary) to pull air out of the case rather than in. Can't speak for the H220-x as I'm running an H240-x, but I mean the H240-x is bigger and the only thing I had to do was put it in the hard drive bay area first and then shift the rest in due to the length, nothing big, same thing I had to do with my 780ti. 

I do love me some Blue & Black!