[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

Interesting routing for the gpu cables 

btw, what does the back look like? Is it even possible to wire it so the panel goes on silky smooth? Can't decide whether or not to redo mine. 

Yeah I couldnt get the four 8-pins cables to cooperate going through the cut out.

It looks like a flattened mess. It definitely is possible, but you'll have to be smart with the cable tie down holes and not overlap too many thick wires. Mine closes nice and flush.

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

Just a noob question guys, I'll be building my first 2 builds at the same time and I have no idea how airflow should be done properly especially about this case since most reviews are saying the airflow is bad. I just love the simplistic and sexy look of the H440 and that won't change my mind from getting this case soon  :D

What do you think for this airflow. All Corsair Fans btw

I'll be building 2 PCs so I'll just name it Build 1 and Build 2.

Build 1(Will possibly overclock)

3 x 120mm - Front - AF Fans(Intake) 

3 x 120mm - Top - SP Fans(Exhaust), I'll be using a h100i cooler for Build 1 btw and will be mounted on top

1 x 140mm - Rear - AF Fan(Exhaust)

Questions for Build 1:

1. Should I replace the AF Fans for Front Intake to SP Fans? or should I just use AF Fans?

2. How should I configure the fans for the h100i cooler?

3. About the top fans, should I just make it 2 x 120mm SP Fans(for the h100i rad) and 1 x 120mm AF Fan near the Front? or just maintain the 3 x 120mm SP Fans?

===========

Build 2(No overclocking)

3 x 120mm - Top - AF Fans(Exhaust), will just use the intel cooler of the i5-4790)

Questions for Build 2:

1. Same as question number 1 for Build 1

2. Should I switch all fans to SP instead and just leave the rear as AF Fan?

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

Just a noob question guys, I'll be building my first 2 builds at the same time and I have no idea how airflow should be done properly especially about this case since most reviews are saying the airflow is bad. I just love the simplistic and sexy look of the H440 and that won't change my mind from getting this case soon  :D

What do you think for this airflow. All Corsair Fans btw

I'll be building 2 PCs so I'll just name it Build 1 and Build 2.

Build 1(Will possibly overclock)

3 x 120mm - Top - SP Fans(Exhaust), I'll be using a h100i cooler for Build 1 btw and will be mounted on top

Questions for Build 1:

1. Should I replace the AF Fans for Front Intake to SP Fans? or should I just use AF Fans?

2. How should I configure the fans for the h100i cooler?

3. About the top fans, should I just make it 2 x 120mm SP Fans(for the h100i rad) and 1 x 120mm AF Fan near the Front? or just maintain the 3 x 120mm SP Fans?

===========

Build 2(No overclocking)

3 x 120mm - Top - AF Fans(Exhaust), will just use the intel cooler of the i5-4790)

Questions for Build 2:

1. Same as question number 1 for Build 1

2. Should I switch all fans to SP instead and just leave the rear as AF Fan?

About build 1:

1. go for SP fans in the front, I replaced my 3 stock fans with 3 Noctua SP fans, the difference is noticeable in airflow and noise

2. it's been proven time and time again that push/pull do not give any better values(I think Linus himself even made a video about it) there is however the dust problem, which is easier to clean when in a pull config to get the dust off the radiator.

3. I'd go for 2 SP fans for the radiator, not so sure how much difference the third fan's type would have, though AF seems the logic choice considering it has no obstruction if not put on the radiator. (I'm using the NZXT X60 so running double 140's at top so can't comment on the triple fan at top)

About build 2:

1. look above

2. the case stock fans are decent enough fans tbh, I wouldn't waste money on replacing them, except if you've got money to spend or find the stock fans too loud

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

@ZeferiniX

the airflow really isn't that bad -- at least with fans at 100% (haven't replaced the case fans with pam fans yet). 

I'd use SP fans in the front, but you ight be okay with the stock fans as they're not terrible. 

About the setup, I have 3 fans as an intake up front, one 140mm in the back, and 2 120mm (from my seidon 240m) exhausting out the top. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

About build 1:

1. go for SP fans in the front, I replaced my 3 stock fans with 3 Noctua SP fans, the difference is noticeable in airflow and noise

2. it's been proven time and time again that push/pull do not give any better values(I think Linus himself even made a video about it) there is however the dust problem, which is easier to clean when in a pull config to get the dust off the radiator.

3. I'd go for 2 SP fans for the radiator, not so sure how much difference the third fan's type would have, though AF seems the logic choice considering it has no obstruction if not put on the radiator. (I'm using the NZXT X60 so running double 140's at top so can't comment on the triple fan at top)

About build 2:

1. look above

2. the case stock fans are decent enough fans tbh, I wouldn't waste money on replacing them, except if you've got money to spend or find the stock fans too loud

Thanks for the reply. About your answer for build 2 number 2, Not sure if the stock fans are more quiet than the 140 AF Quiet Edition. Which one do you think? I don't mind spending for fans if it makes it more quiet and give better performance.

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

@ZeferiniX

the airflow really isn't that bad -- at least with fans at 100% (haven't replaced the case fans with pam fans yet). 

I'd use SP fans in the front, but you ight be okay with the stock fans as they're not terrible. 

About the setup, I have 3 fans as an intake up front, one 140mm in the back, and 2 120mm (from my seidon 240m) exhausting out the top. 

In your opinion, what do you think would be the best airflow for a 3rd 120mm on top? Exhaust or Intake? And why didn't you add one btw?

bought a expandable water loop for my H440. will upgrade to a gpu waterblock and a 360 radiator in the front.

tell mee if you like it or what i could have done better! thx

Cheers

post-120180-0-38287100-1409852350_thumb.

post-120180-0-56121100-1409852353_thumb.

post-120180-0-98090600-1409852355_thumb.

post-120180-0-18880100-1409852358_thumb.

Sign me up for the hall of fame please! Haha well here goes as a first build.

Though I would love some input from you guys about the lighting for the case, was thinking about a led strip but I'm rather thorn between the colors.

Red leds seem rather overkill for an already black/red themed case, so I was thinking about just plain white leds to give a nice contrast but I'm not too sure.

Which would you guys go for and do you indeed think the red leds would be simply too much red or am I mistaken?

69g8xs.jpg

In the dark: Sorry, the 2nd image quality got distorted somehow...

xlmlty.jpg

Specs:

• Case - NZXT H440
  • Motherboard - Asus Maximus VI Hero
  • CPU - Intel 4770k @ 4.4GHz
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 8GB
  • SSD - Samsung Evo 120GB
  • HDD - Seagate 1TB
  • PSU - BeQuiet! 630 Watt non modular (I know... shoot me, rookie mistake)
  • GPU - Asus GTX 770 2GB DC2OC
  • Cooler - NZXT X60
  • Rear - Corsair AF140
  • Front - 3 x SP Noctua NF-F12's

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

In your opinion, what do you think would be the best airflow for a 3rd 120mm on top? Exhaust or Intake? And why didn't you add one btw?

i didn't have one, and now I'm too lazy to add one we I don't want to remove my seldom 240m.

I'm not sure to be honest. I'm not even sure how much of a difference a third fan up top--either as an intake or as an exhaust would matter. 

Sign me up for the hall of fame please! Haha well here goes as a first build.

Though I would love some input from you guys about the lighting for the case, was thinking about a led strip but I'm rather thorn between the colors.

Red leds seem rather overkill for an already black/red themed case, so I was thinking about just plain white leds to give a nice contrast but I'm not too sure.

Which would you guys go for and do you indeed think the red leds would be simply too much red or am I mistaken?

For my black/blue build I opted for white LEDs as I thought blue ones would be too much...and I'm very satisfied with the looks. If you look at the picture I posted on the previous page, thats what my computer looks like with white LEDs (its not as blue--the camera makes them seem much more blue than they actually are). So, i'd go with white LEDs as red LEDs kinda ruin everything with a red glow. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Which has better airflow for H440? So far from my research, these are the setups I've seen. Can you tell me the pros and cons in your opinion per number especially the dust collection if it's an issue?

↑↑↑ (SP Fans)(Rings hidden)

=====  (Radiator)

↓↓↓↓ (SP Fans)(Rings hidden)

=====  (Radiator)

=====  (Radiator)

↑↑↑ (SP Fans)(Rings exposed)

1 is best, 2 is silly, 3 is coolest. 

Explained:

1 makes sure the dust is exhausted as well instead of building it up like on 3. However, with the right fans it looks schweet :]

2 makes no sense on top as you're actually fighting hot rising air inside your case. 

1 is best, 2 is silly, 3 is coolest.

Explained:

1 makes sure the dust is exhausted as well instead of building it up like on 3. However, with the right fans it looks schweet :]

2 makes no sense on top as you're actually fighting hot rising air inside your case.

I'd like to reduce my temps since I live in a hot country and it seems like 1 will do the job. Some people choose 3 because the difference will be just 2-3 degrees and also for aesthetics(rings exposed). About number 2, in some forums and even youtube comments I've read, they'd do that to push cold air to the rad thus cooling the rad.

I'm still wondering what to do with the 3rd fan for top near the front, intake or exhaust? Need more opinions D:

I'd like to reduce my temps since I live in a hot country...

make all fans intake (including the rear i/o with a filter) due to your extreme ambient

any and all fans turned intake (filtered of course) will try and keep the ventilation

inside the case constantly changing, able to allow the radiator to take advantage

of the coolest air possible and as the case is perforated well enough to naturally

exhaust out the rear i/o. only issue to be leary would be the GPU cooling solution.

if it uses a non-reference (not blower type cooling fan), could spoil the air a bit.

if the rear i/o faces a wall or flat surface, then use rear i/o as exhaust.

Posted Image

Finally added an led strip, pretty happy with the results

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Finally added an led strip, pretty happy with the results

I assume it looks nice. But did you take this picture with a potato?

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

Lol, it does look nice. Took it with my s3, I actually think a potato would have been better!

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Just a quick question for owners of the case: Would three Noctua S12B Redux fans make for a nice intake? They each have 1.31 mm/H2O for static pressure at 1200 RPM, which is slightly better than the 1.29 at 1450 of Corsair SP120 Quiet Editions, but they also have a much higher CFM rating. Thoughts?

Not sure if I mentioned it here or not, but I made the move from the Corsair Carbide 540 Air (which is a very open air case) to this case. Temp wise, it's about 2-4c warmer. But about 15% quieter. So I find that to be a very good trade off.

Hi. Can i ask why you switched from the Air 540 to the H440?

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Just a quick question for owners of the case: Would three Noctua S12B Redux fans make for a nice intake? They each have 1.31 mm/H2O for static pressure at 1200 RPM, which is slightly better than the 1.29 at 1450 of Corsair SP120 Quiet Editions, but they also have a much higher CFM rating. Thoughts?

NF-F12's would probably be better, but I'm honestly no expert on fans

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I'd like to reduce my temps since I live in a hot country and it seems like 1 will do the job. Some people choose 3 because the difference will be just 2-3 degrees and also for aesthetics(rings exposed). About number 2, in some forums and even youtube comments I've read, they'd do that to push cold air to the rad thus cooling the rad.

I'm still wondering what to do with the 3rd fan for top near the front, intake or exhaust? Need more opinions D:

Hi, 

I believe some manuals also recommend #2 but those scenarios do not apply to the H440. A page or 2 back in my build I have a unique reason for doing #3. I have found that the H100i rad fins are very fragile. I can assume the same for most other Aio liquid coolers. Because I might be poking and prodding around my case sometimes, I did not want to risk damage to the rad, hence I went with #3. If you build your system with SP fans then you will get the best cooling for your system overall. #3 utilizes SP.

I think a 3rd fan to the top will make almost no difference, and no one will see it anyway. You may even barely fit it since the rad will take up some extra space.  

Is it possible to fit a graphics card in the bottom two slots on this case if I want to go for a 3-way configuration (and if it fits, will I have enough air flow for that card) tks

Is it possible to fit a graphics card in the bottom two slots on this case if I want to go for a 3-way configuration (and if it fits, will I have enough air flow for that card) tks

Yes,

Possibly, what gpu's and coolers

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Probably asus 980s (preferably strix cards) I'm sure they will be similar to the 780s

I will probably start with two then add another one I'm planning to go x99 with an Asus board

Those are really nice shots. Love the nonchalant placement of the case sticker.

Has anyone tried a custom loop in this case with the rad mounted up top? I see no point in mounting a rad at the front, cause it just blows all the hot air from the rad into your case and onto your other components.. I'm trying to decide between a 45mm or 30mm AlphaCool rad, and I plan to cool my GPU as well. Would doing this mean that blowing hot air across won't have as much of an effect? I'm not really a genius when it comes to watercooling.