[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

And the point of this useful comment was...? To troll? Because I think most H440 owners in this thread are happy with their junky crap...

Do you even care how it looks and its junkyard invented specs?.Its sooooooooooooo shit.Enthoo primo is much better 900D is even more better.

Do you even care how it looks and its junkyard invented specs?.Its sooooooooooooo shit.Enthoo primo is much better 900D is even more better.

you are comparing a full tower (huge one at that) vs a mid tower.

why not compare price while you're at it. pfft

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

After a couple months of Budget planning, I have been able to finish my build. And I am happy to post it here.

Story:

My previous pc was a CM690 with a Q9550. I am not really sure what "it" was, but the pc always felt sluggish in games and flash applications like youtube, twitch etc. While my wording my not be on spot, you get the general idea. I wanted a new pc and I felt like I reached the 3 - 4 year mark. I wanted a case that was not "bold" with airflow because where I live, dust is an issue. I did not want to spend every few weeks cleaning a pc by force. I eventually came to the define R4 but I hated the side panel and some of the open air flow stuff did not bode well with me.

Patience prevailed as the NZXT H440 reviews popped up in my feeds. I really, loved this case. Everything I wanted in a case was there so I felt like I got extra when I bought the case. I love the air flow design, aesthetics, build quality, paint job and acoustics. The fans they gave are great although cheaply built...but 3 120s and 1 140mm, how can you complain for that. Closing the back panel was a nightmare but I will never have go back there often. I replaced the fans for my build as I opted for a H100i  with SP120 Q-editions. My card has an H55 with a Kraken G10. I threw the stock H100i fans and H55 fans to the front and used the stock fans on my original build. I will give my old pc, to my little brother.

I went through very painful processes of shipping everything to my country from amazon, as there are literally no local medium/high end solutions.

My strongest complaint with the case is that the front audio header connector to the mobo shorts often for me, and does not stay secure on my mobo at that. I suppose I will find a HD Audio header around and try to splice some wires or something. 

Specs:

Aimed for price to performance - splurged actions exist on fans.

• Case - NZXT H440
  • Motherboard - Asus Z97-A
  • CPU - Intel 4690k @ 4.4GHz
  • RAM - HyperX XMP CL9 (4x2 = 8GB)
  • SSD - Crucial M5 120GB
  • HDD - Western Digital Green 1TB (from old)
  • PSU - Corsair CX600W M
  • GPU - MSI 560TI
  • Cooler - Corsair H100i + H55
  • Lighting - NZXT 1m White LED
  • Rear + Top - Corsair SP120 PWM (Exhaust)
  • Front - Stock Corsair fans
  • White 24Pin

Kraken G10 (Edit)

I have never had a video card live forever, which is surprising to me as I have had some DDR1 ram, AMD Sempron, and IDE hardrives laying around. All reasons, I feel, revolved around heat or dust, to be the root cause of failure for video card. When I bought the MSI 560, I figured their military grading would handle anything. A few months later one of the fans of the twin frozer seized. Least to say I was unhappy and began looking for solutions. In my mind, I figured adding an AIO cooler would be perfect. I searched online stores but amazingly enough there is almost no support for cooling on video cards. I eventually stumbled onto Dwood's mod where an AIO cooler is attached, and then sure enough the official NZXT G10 released some months later. Also, no matter how awesome a video card looks, a user will never see how great it is, other than the backplate (if u have one) and the top of any bracket/cooler. The way I see it, no matter what card I get, I can always protect it with this bracket and it looks just fine. Would not mind some sort of gentle LED and a PWM fan myself to control that bracket fan ( that I can attach to the GPU fan header )

The temps of the GPU are extremely ridiculous compared to what they used to be. On max load, the temps would reach 80C, and idle is 50C (dual / triple monitors will add almost 10C ). 

Now with the H55 ( I considered anything else overkill ) my idle GPU temps are 40C and load is 50C. I can't imagine why people would think the other components are an issue for cooling but you can always change the bracket's fan to a pwm fan I guess, and pay 5$ for some heatsinks. If you looked at some of designs of stock coolers of video cards, it would be easy to complain about the fans pushing hot air from the fin array onto the card itself. Questionable? I don't think it matters. Least to say, I added a 100 ish overclock to the GPU which is now at 950 #yolo 

Next year, or late this year I will look into upgrading the GPU but for now, it is sufficient. I will update this post later with some better internal pics,but I can't imagine no one knows what it looks like by now. Also wanted to grab these shots and get this post up while the excitement is still in me. 

Pics:

post-10821-0-88103600-1408339728_thumb.jpost-10821-0-87297000-1408339838_thumb.j
post-10821-0-92317200-1408339769_thumb.j

Nice build mate.. the g10 is new.. :)

How are the temps by the way?

CPU Intel Core i7-4790KCPU Cooler Corsair H100iMotherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600Storage Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 160GB 3.5" 7200RPM & Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM 
GPU MSI GTX 670 2GBCase NZXT H440 (Black/Red)Power Supply Corsair RM 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-ModularOperating System Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit)Keyboard Logitech K270 WirelessMouse Logitech G602 Wireless Optical Mouse 
 Headset SteelSeries Siberia Headset & USB Sound cardSpeakers Creative Labs Inspire T6160 50W 5.1ch SpeakersUPS APC BackUPS Pro 1000Thermal Compound Arctic Silver 5

We are happy to help.. But clicking on "Mark Solved" makes us all happier :)

I am also surprised not much people have opted for the G10.

A small story I will add to my main post:

I have never had a video card live forever, which is surprising to me as I have had some DDR1 ram, AMD Sempron, and IDE hardrives laying around. All reasons, I feel, revolved around heat or dust, to be the root cause of failure for video card. When I bought the MSI 560, I figured their military grading would handle anything. A few months later one of the fans of the twin frozer seized. Least to say I was unhappy and began looking for solutions. In my mind, I figured adding an AIO cooler would be perfect. I searched online stores but amazingly enough there is almost no support for cooling on video cards. I eventually stumbled onto Dwood's mod where an AIO cooler is attached, and then sure enough the official NZXT G10 released some months later. The way I see it, no matter what card I get, I can always protect it with this bracket. 

The temps of the GPU are extremely ridiculous compared to what they used to be. On max load, the temps would reach 80C, and idle is 50C (dual / triple monitors will add almost 10C ). 

Now with the H55 ( I considered anything else overkill ) my idle temps are 40C and load is 50C. I can't imagine why people would think the other components are an issue for cooling but you can always change the bracket's fan to a pwm fan I guess, and pay 5$ for some heatsinks. If you looked at some of designs of stock coolers of video cards, it would be easy to complain about the fans pushing hot air from the fin array onto the card itself. Questionable? I don't think it matters. 

It's a damn sexy case... and that's why I bought it... :P

• 2 weeks later...

How are the temps in the H440 with Skyrim on ultra with mods? Waiting for this (http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kfg6NG) and wondering if I will be dealing with overheating.

you'll be fine. the supplied front fans will provide plenty of source air for the

GPU and H110. if you feel blingy, you could upgrade to a higher static pressure

if you are using the HDD sleds for mech drives. the stock FN-120 is rated

0.96mm/h2o-48cfm @1300lrpm.

the rosewill hyperborea is 2.65mm/h2o-58cfm @1300l PWM. will push some air.

any fan under the 75cfm each (x3 at high static pressure) rating will have no

issue as the air filter does diminish the flow somewhat as all filters do from any

case mannie.

How are the temps in the H440 with Skyrim on ultra with mods? Waiting for this (http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kfg6NG) and wondering if I will be dealing with overheating.

like airdeano said, you won't struggle with temps, slightly warmer than a airflow optimized case but nothing to worry about.

unless you are crossfiring 2 290s or something you'll be fine

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

How are your guys temps with skyrim with the H440?

What temps should I be expecting with my setup? Will I be damaging my components? Does anyone else runs 780ti or 174790k in the H440? If so, how does it perform in terms of temps?

How are your guys temps with skyrim with the H440?

What temps should I be expecting with my setup? Will I be damaging my components? Does anyone else runs 780ti or 174790k in the H440? If so, how does it perform in terms of temps?

Stop worrying about it. It will be fine. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

@farmfowls

like a few of us here already mentioned, it's fine. if you really want to see what will happen, load your cpu at max and your gpu at max with aida64 and kombuster/furmark at the same time.

if your load temps are within the load delta of your parts, it's not going to get hotter on skyrim

edit: i have a 8320 oced with a 280x oced in a H440.

@farmfowls

you'll be fine, not too many peeps screaming there rigs are on fire (and there'd

someone) so go with what 'cha got like others have prompted you.

build your system and knock out some pictures for the thread.

Soon as that Black and Blue becomes available, I will be an owner of this case..Though its going straight to my buddy to get painted..but will be mine

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress

Question. Anyone had a replacement NZXT Light Logo panel replacement that's died like the previous one? So about 2 months ago my NZXT LED panel in my H440 got really dim, messaged NZXT and received a replacement 3 weeks later... so I've had the new panel for about a month now and bam... it's dimmed a second time... So anyone else experienced it with the replacement panel? After contacting NZXT the last time (About a different product problem with took 4 weeks to be told I had to email Amazon... even though manufacturers warrantee should have covered it) I don't want all the hassle that comes with it.

Therefore how simple would it be to replace the LED's in it myself, buy some decent ones from maplin, obviously i'd have to solder them in and re-glue them. Have I got issues with needing the right resistors etc? or? Its that whats causing this LED problem altogether, too much power going to the LED's?

Question. Anyone had a replacement NZXT Light Logo panel replacement that's died like the previous one? So about 2 months ago my NZXT LED panel in my H440 got really dim, messaged NZXT and received a replacement 3 weeks later... so I've had the new panel for about a month now and bam... it's dimmed a second time... So anyone else experienced it with the replacement panel? After contacting NZXT the last time (About a different product problem with took 4 weeks to be told I had to email Amazon... even though manufacturers warrantee should have covered it) I don't want all the hassle that comes with it.

Therefore how simple would it be to replace the LED's in it myself, buy some decent ones from maplin, obviously i'd have to solder them in and re-glue them. Have I got issues with needing the right resistors etc? or? Its that whats causing this LED problem altogether, too much power going to the LED's?

I didn't think i had this problem, but now that you mention it, it looks like one of my LEDs is out...

Edit: I'm going to need to pull the case apart within the next few days to install a bunch of new fans and a graphics card, i'll check it out then

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Finally got mine done.
C7qKVP0.jpg

CPU: Intel I5-4690k

Cooler: Seidon 240m 

Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus 

GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC w/ ACX 

RAM: 8gb G. Skill Ripjaws X 2400mhz

SSD: 250gb Samsung 840 Evo 

HDD: 1tb Western Digital Caviar Blue 

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 

Accessories: Silverstone PP07 Black/Blue extensions (24 pin, 8 pin, 2 6+2 pin)

​Accessories: 60cm Bitfenix Alchemy White LEDs 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

all rigs published within this thread are listed in this post: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117203-unofficial-ltt-nzxt-h440-owners-club/?p=1564165

if you haven't already, edit your post with build specs, please.

makes the viewers more confident that your combination could be possible and

could let them that little push to get it done.

I have been waiting about a month for the blue/black h440 to come back in stock and nzxt support has said it may be a few more weeks before they arrive to the warehouse. Do you think I should just cut about $20 and get the white version from newegg? I am planning a blue themed build but most my parts are solid black. 

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

I have been waiting about a month for the blue/black h440 to come back in stock and nzxt support has said it may be a few more weeks before they arrive to the warehouse. Do you think I should just cut about $20 and get the white version from newegg? I am planning a blue themed build but most my parts are solid black. 

Get a red version or something and paint it. 

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

its funny because the one I got yesterday was actually supposed to be non existent and I was supposed to be stuck waiting for the back order.

According to NCIX it still hasn't wen shipped...yet here it is.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

all rigs published within this thread are listed in this post: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117203-unofficial-ltt-nzxt-h440-owners-club/?p=1564165

if you haven't already, edit your post with build specs, please.

makes the viewers more confident that your combination could be possible and

could let them that little push to get it done.

Oh nice! I guess now is a good time to show what my updated rig looks like.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117203-unofficial-ltt-nzxt-h440-owners-club/?p=1570360

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

Oh nice! I guess now is a good time to show what my updated rig looks like.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117203-unofficial-ltt-nzxt-h440-owners-club/?p=1570360

Interesting routing for the gpu cables 

btw, what does the back look like? Is it even possible to wire it so the panel goes on silky smooth? Can't decide whether or not to redo mine. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler