[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

I finally decided to get a Black/Blue one.

Did not see any blue one here so i will post a picture as soon as it is ready to launch.

If you hate fingerprints get the white one its the only that does not show fingerprints   

Yea i think i have to get the white one. The blue edition is not available in Germany.
Only way to get it is shipping, but it will be over 200 bucks. Fail from NZXT imo.

Anyways, lets see how the white one does. I was even thinking about painting some parts of it to get a white/blue one but... yeah... tough mission.

Yea i think i have to get the white one. The blue edition is not available in Germany.

Only way to get it is shipping, but it will be over 200 bucks. Fail from NZXT imo.

Anyways, lets see how the white one does. I was even thinking about painting some parts of it to get a white/blue one but... yeah... tough mission.

You could get the black and red version, plastidip the accents black then paint over it with a blue :) just a suggestion

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Holy shit I know what your PC reminds me of now. Its Barney the Dinosaur

Last I checked Barney was the majority purple with green. But I see where it came from.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

Last I checked Barney was the majority purple with green. But I see where it came from.

Agree, barney is PURPLE and green. My build is GREEN with a little purple. I disagree on the note that it looks like barney, and actually getting tired of being teased about it. (that comment isn't towards you btw). Think people are just picking on my build, to me if it looked like anything it would be ninja turtles.

*DRASTIC CHANGES*

I really hope you like the look of the build better now, it took me a very long, long time. And the cable management behind the motherboard tray is immaculate. So please do give up thumbs up if you like. Also I'd love to hear any suggestions for future improvements. I finally got round to my sleeved GPU cables as well which I love.

Also I re orientated the CPU water block since so many of you were OCD'ing over it. The reason I left it the wrong way round with to begin with is because I'd just installed it and I was still unsure of how to safely detach it. Now that I'm familiar with how to fit and refit the block I made sure that the block and logo are now the right way round :)

The camera really does not do it justice, but I hope you enjoy.

BEFORE:

post-56840-0-01575200-1402204717_thumb.jpost-56840-0-38185000-1402204721_thumb.jpost-56840-0-38721600-1402204724_thumb.jpost-56840-0-53247200-1402204728_thumb.jpost-56840-0-70017500-1402204731_thumb.jpost-56840-0-56692100-1402204734_thumb.j

AFTER:

post-56840-0-52857500-1402205036_thumb.jpost-56840-0-82637500-1402205038_thumb.jpost-56840-0-43750600-1402205041_thumb.jpost-56840-0-75153700-1402205043_thumb.jpost-56840-0-46758000-1402205045_thumb.jpost-56840-0-48251700-1402205047_thumb.j

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

-snip-

not a fan of red leds, I find it washes out the interior, just makes everything red instead of accentuating the build.

other than that i'd say good job.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

not a fan of red leds, I find it washes out the interior, just makes everything red instead of accentuating the build.

other than that i'd say good job.

What would you change to improve the look then?

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

using white LEDS (not so bright or too many to bleach the interior) the red

makes the blacks look maroon and the whites look pink. sparingly, use white

LED to accent and highlight (not to flood). the red LED looks like a war

situation room (but that might be what you were after?).

What would you change to improve the look then?

^ what @airdeano said, white leds to lightly illuminate the interior.

find those leds that is white white, not bluish white.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Please take into consideration that the pictures colours are way, way off due to the poor quality of my smartphone camera. In real life the case is filled with a deep red glow that accents the components exquisitely. It looks absolutely fantastic and I could not be happier with it. I'm sure that if you saw it in the flesh you would agree.

But each to their own, and that is the ultimate joy of the PCMasterRace.. Limitless customisation.

Edited by Mkfish

Thinking of getting this case for my next build, seen some nice things here. Just one question, how are them dust filters? I got two cats and i can only place my case under my desk on the ground.

Thinking of getting this case for my next build, seen some nice things here. Just one question, how are them dust filters? I got two cats and i can only place my case under my desk on the ground.

The dust filters are really nice, especially the PSU filter one which keeps my PSU nice and clean :)

Do you have hardwood/laminate? If you have carpet it will probably kill your rig regardless of dust filters.

The front one is really annoying tho, I hate taking off the front panel because it doesn't really go on properly anymore; the right side of the front panel has like a 1-2mm gap that's quite visible when I'm sitting enxt to it.

The dust filters work fantastically. The front intake dust filter catches every spec of dust and it has magnets and a small retention clip to make sure you put the filter the right way up.

Also as the case has raised feet on the bottom, the dust filter for the PSU has more than enough ground clearance even on carpet. I have no issues with dust whatsoever. 

I will be investing in a dust filter for my rear exaust fan and top exhausts though as they are not included.

Why would you put a dust filter on your exhausts?

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

Because believe it or not dust collects on the exhaust too. It gets sucked through the exhaust fans and ends up dirtying up the outside of my case. It may or may not work, but worth a shot. I notice that the top exhaust vent grills have significant dust build up aswell if left un checked

As a person who is going to buy this. How much room is there for a GPU? I'm thinking of buying a GTX 780 TI matrix, but I'm afraid there's not enough room for it.

As a person who is going to buy this. How much room is there for a GPU? I'm thinking of buying a GTX 780 TI matrix, but I'm afraid there's not enough room for it.

12 inch cards with the HDD cages in and the size is endless if you take the HDD cages out.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

12 inch cards with the HDD cages in and the size is endless if you take the HDD cages out.

How about hights? The matrix is 15.24 high

How about hights? The matrix is 15.24 high

LOL I was actually going to bring that up. It Should fit but it will be a tight fit. I cant remeber though how long the Matrix cards are?

LOL I was actually going to bring that up. It Should fit but it will be a tight fit. I cant remeber though how long the Matrix cards are?

Matrix is 4.06 x 29.718 x 15.24 

Matrix is 4.06 x 29.718 x 15.24 

Which matrix card do you have?

Which matrix card do you have?

I dont have it yet, as i cant order it. But I'm going for the Asus GTX 780 TI Matrix Platinum

I dont have it yet, as i cant order it. But I'm going for the Asus GTX 780 TI Matrix Platinum

I just messured it, I honestly dont think it will fit. from were the card would start to the end, it comes right at the HDD shroud that holds the HDDs in place an the width is exactly 6 inches, same as the card.

I just messured it, I honestly dont think it will fit. from were the card would start to the end, it comes right at the HDD shroud that holds the HDDs in place an the width is exactly 6 inches, same as the card.

The problem with the matrix plat is that it has a weird shape. So the widest point is 15.24 CM. Might not be 15.24CM at the end point... But I'm afraid that the only oppertunity to know this, is by testing it. 

Can you try to measure how far there is from the back plate of the case to the HDD shroud how far that is ? Like the plate facing the window on the right.

:EDIT: It also says in the describtion that there's 180MM clearence for the CPU cooler