[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

I have fear that the white go on yellow

And maybe that white is more sensible to dust and dirty

If you going yellow then i would go black + red or another color and take the red pieces off and spray them yellow :)

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

If you going yellow then i would go black + red or another color and take the red pieces off and spray them yellow :)

I explain wrong, I have fear that the white can tends to fade yellow like and eggshell.

And I don't know how is the white with dust and dirty

The clear flexible tube will become yellow... you need hard tube if you want clear tube

The clear flexible tube will become yellow... you need hard tube if you want clear tube

I'm talking about the white of the case

I am having an issue with the NZXT logo dimming. I have seen that it is common with early batches.

I have emailed NZXT support, but since I am not the original owner of my h440, I cannot get a replacement one from NZXT. (I would be willing to buy one if they let me.)

Has anyone replaced the LED's manually? Is there a guide to do so? 

/Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black /CPU: i7 4770 /GPU: MSI GTX770 TF SLI /Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H

I am having an issue with the NZXT logo dimming. I have seen that it is common with early batches.

I have emailed NZXT support, but since I am not the original owner of my h440, I cannot get a replacement one from NZXT. (I would be willing to buy one if they let me.)

Has anyone replaced the LED's manually? Is there a guide to do so? 

They're just LEDs, nothing to tough. I haven't done it myself, but it's not to hard.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I'd appreciate some advice based on what I'm planning on doing with my H440.

I have come across the AKASA PIRANHA fan which seems a great all rounder with high static pressure and air flow, so I was thinking of putting x3 of these up front as intake, and another x3 up top as exhaust. I would use the NZXT Kraken X41 rear mounted, also as exhaust. How does that all sound? I was initially thinking to put a 240 AIO up top, but it seems to be a choke point for air, so the 140 at the back seems a good compromise... and the X41 is great performer by most accounts.

I will have an i7 4790K, 16GB RAM, x2 SSD's mounted on the visible platforms, with another 2-3 mechanical HD'S, plus a 970 GPU... probably reference cooler, but I am still unsure about that and if it's necessary over a third party cooler. Appreciate any advice on that also. I don't really intend on going SLI anytime in the near future.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

If I have 7 fan in this case, what is the best configuration?

Front: intake

Top exhaust

Rear: intake

Front Intake

Top intake

Rear Exhaust

??

Front: intake

Top exhaust

Rear: intake

Front Intake

Top intake

Rear Exhaust

??

Top intake not a good idea, the hot air go up, if I pull from above you force the system

Top exhaust always

Top intake not a good idea, the hot air go up, if I pull from above you force the system

Top exhaust always

wrong..

I have top 3x120 fans as intake and 280mm rad at front as intake

Back iahve 140mm rad as exhust and my cpu/gpu/mb temps are all around 30 under idle/small load and 42 for cpu, 47 for GPU and 38 for mb under load. I have positive pressure as well.

If you have the right fans it doesnt matter

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

wrong..

I have top 3x120 fans as intake and 280mm rad at front as intake

Back iahve 140mm rad as exhust and my cpu/gpu/mb temps are all around 30 under idle/small load and 42 for cpu, 47 for GPU and 38 for mb under load. I have positive pressure as well.

If you have the right fans it doesnt matter

And those fans would be...? Or is it a secret? ;)

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

And those fans would be...? Or is it a secret? ;)

no secret

I have 3xSP120 Quite edition PWM at the top pulling air in(Used SP due to the resistance at the top of the case through the vents, i also added 3x120mm magnetic filters)

I have 2xNF-A14 PWM at the front pulling air in through the 280mm CPU radiator

I have 1xNF-A14 PWM pushing air through the 140mm GPU radiator at the back and 1xAF140 quite edition at the back pulling air through (push/pull config)

Front Intake

Top intake

Rear Exhaust

number 2. buy some filters for the roof fans.

the case is large enough with ample natural venting to support #2. devices will

love the chill.

number 2. buy some filters for the roof fans.

the case is large enough with ample natural venting to support #2. devices will

love the chill.

Would there be noticeable temp differences with top AIO as intake rather than as an exhaust? (especially on gpu temps)? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

@djdwosk97

for the AIO temps and roof radiators in general, yes. say the ambient is 28° and

the inside of the case is 40°, that'd be a 12° difference through out. coolant temp

would be 2-4° lower. so the device temps would fare a bit better if you have a

monster overclock in voltage. GPU in a loop yes, GPU on air cooling possible 3-5°

warmer if the fans up front aren't passing enough air.

@djdwosk97

for the AIO temps and roof radiators in general, yes. say the ambient is 28° and

the inside of the case is 40°, that'd be a 12° difference through out. coolant temp

would be 2-4° lower. so the device temps would fare a bit better if you have a

monster overclock in voltage. GPU in a loop yes, GPU on air cooling possible 3-5°

warmer if the fans up front aren't passing enough air.

Hmmm, alright. 

/Have you compared fan performance in your h440 by any chance? Should I consider replacing my Cougar Vortex 120mm pwm fans (usually running around 50% as intake), or the stock Seidon240m fans (as exhaust, and maybe intake if I flip them around). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

@djdwosk97

i have. using the Tt water extreme 2.0 in exhaust (normal) CPU temps were 82°

with an ambient of 25°. flipping the fans to intake (no filter) same CPU run temps

were down to 77°. coolant temps were 38° (exhaust) 34° (intake). can't give you

filtered temps didn't get that far. really didn't measure too much GPU but what i

had observed was SLI 780 top card 84° bottom card 80° when fans were exhaust.

same SLI top card 85° bottom card 84° roof fans intake, but the front fans were

removed on both tests. GPUs were overclocked 1250MHz over the OE 900.

one thing i did notice that the roof area was a bit louder in noise output and the fans

used were SP120L fans (600-1800 rpm). filtering them will add some noise

dampening.

it'd be worth a try without filters for a week or two to find what your system tend to like.

especially if the case is in an open environment.

I flip my fan.

Top exhaust, rear intake: 33-35 degree idle (stock intel heatsink)

Top intake, rear exhaust: 39-43 degree idle... very very bad

I am in a headspin about my CPU cooler choice. I back and forth deciding on either an NZXT X41 at rear, or X61 up top. Which would be best and why?

If I went X41 at rear (exhaust) I'd have x3 high SP fans up top as exhaust, and x3 up front as intake.

If I went X61 up top, I'm guessing that would be intake?? I don't know. Front still intake of course, and rear exhaust?

I am happy to change fans on either of these if it will improve performance.

Aghh, this is all so very confusing lol! My head hurts.  :wacko:

I am in a headspin about my CPU cooler choice. I back and forth deciding on either an NZXT X41 at rear, or X61 up top. Which would be best and why?

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

i'd vote for the x61 and never look back. the single fan/rad is meh at best. changing

the fan just ups the cost and if you decide on this case (H440) the x61 is made for

this workload. only thing to consider is the filters needed for roof intake location.

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

i'd vote for the x61 and never look back. the single fan/rad is meh at best. changing

the fan just ups the cost and if you decide on this case (H440) the x61 is made for

this workload. only thing to consider is the filters needed for roof intake location.

Thanks. So putting the rad up top isn't an issue what with it being somewhat of a choke point for air? Would the X61 in the roof be intake or exhaust? Given the X41 is a close performer to the X61, someone else had told me that given the rear is more unrestricted, they would kind of even out. It seems you'd need to change the fans on the X61 to get the most out of it, as the static pressure of the stock ones could be better.

What are the solutions for filters?

Thanks. So putting the rad up top isn't an issue what with it being somewhat of a choke point for air? Would the X61 in the roof be intake or exhaust? Given the X41 is a close performer to the X61, someone else had told me that given the rear is more unrestricted, they would kind of even out. It seems you'd need to change the fans on the X61 to get the most out of it, as the static pressure of the stock ones could be better.

What are the solutions for filters?

with the fan speed of the x61, you won't "choke" the air supply. best would be

intake, but once installed, try both ways to best suit your needs and usage.

the same place you get the x61 should/would have access to silverstone 140mm filters.

OK, thank you. I am also looking at the Coolermaster Nepton 240M. The Silencio fans on that have an SP of 4.8 mm H2O, which is very impressive. Quiet also. Not to mention being significantly cheaper than the X61.2ONo