[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

Looking into getting this case. Is there a way to control the fans connected to the fan hub? Cant I connect the hub to a 4-pin connecter on the mobo to control the fans? Or will I need the grid+ v2 or something?

Thanks

Looking into getting this case. Is there a way to control the fans connected to the fan hub? Cant I connect the hub to a 4-pin connecter on the mobo to control the fans? Or will I need the grid+ v2 or something?

Thanks

There is no way no control that hub, is more like a split to keep the fans at 100% RPM

There is no way no control that hub, is more like a split to keep the fans at 100% RPM

What about the new version with PWM hub? Does that allow control?

will the temps be bad if i were to mount my h100i gtx push intake on the front ? anyone got experience with this setup ?

• 2 weeks later...

Old and build log

Current setup:

Case: 
NZXT H440 Black and red (Red parts painted white along with PSU back plate and PCIE slot covers + custom front panel paint job)

Motherboard: 
MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition

Memory: 
16GB Corsair vengeance pro 2x4gb ddr3-1600mhz silver (painted white) + Corsair vengeance pro 2x4gb ddr3-1600mhz silver

Processor: 
Intel Core i5 4690k (OC to 4.5Ghz)

Graphics Card: 
MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G (OC to 1500Mhz core and 7800Mhz memory)

Power supply: 
Antec EDGE 750w

SSD: 
Samsung Evo 120GB (OS + Programs)  + Crucail MX100 256GB (Games)

Hard Drive: 
Seagate Baracuda 2TB (storage)

COOLING:

Processor Block: 
XSPC RayStorm CPU WaterBlock (White face plate)

Radiator 1: 
XSPC AX360 Triple Fan Radiator (Black)

Radiator 2: 
XSPC EX240 Dual Fan Radiator (Black)

Fans: 
5x Corsair SP 120 PWM quite editions + 1x AF140 Quite edition

GPU Back plate: 
EK-FC970 GTX TF5 Backplate - Black

GPU Block: 
EK-FC970 GTX TF5 Full Cover Waterblock - Nickel Acetal

Pump: 
Swiftech MCP655 G1/4 Threaded Special Edition 12 VDC D5 Pump With Speed Controller

Res: 
Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 100 V2 - Clear Body & POM Version

Extra: 
Bitspower Flow Indicator

Cable management: 
A Few E22 Cable Combs

2i07uvt.jpg

2e4as8g.jpg

20j0g9x.jpg

2eknled.jpg

2eknled.jpg

1rvqlh.jpg

wt83dk.jpg

Hi Wesleydn, I also live in SA, prices here really suck like you said,  :( but luckily I have some family in the States and I saved about R2000 on my 970 just from them bringing it over. Epic build though, I think I'm gonna paint my red H440 white as well hopefully, it looks sick, just not too sure what will happen if I decide to sell the case.

Hi everyone!

I'm planning on building a PC and can't decide between NZXT H440 or the Fractal design R5.

The opinions about the two are very split and I decided to ask here because I am leaning towards the H440.

The rig that I'm planning to build will be meant for running BluRay/HD movies connected to LED TV via HDMI, regular computer work ( MS Office, surfing the web) and a little .NET development. The main aim and goal is for the rig to be silent!

I don't play games, and don't do OC. So I don't really need a video card.

Reading online, lot of people say the H440 is louder and can be heard over the Fractal R5, but all those rigs include water cooling, or massive ammount of extra fans.

I would use standard fans included in the case and MAYBE Grid+ for lowering the fan speed if it would help reduce the noise.

So my question is this:

Considering the use and components of the PC, will the H440 be silent or should I go for the Fractal R5 that a lot of people say it is quieter?

config would be something like this:

Intel i5 6400

B150/H170 MB

Samsung EVO 250 SSD

WD 2TB HDD

Seasonic PSU up to 400W

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

for your config, the H440 will be fine. as you saw, the "sound" issues are for

those mega-fan combos and monster GPU fan layouts and that'll be for any case.

Got a quick question. I have this case and I love it, but I've installed my GPU into the bottom slot of my Mobo instead of the top slot (it's an MSI Krait z97s and I wanted to show off the snake since I don't have an SLI setup yet). Will it get noticeably better temps higher up or will it be fine near the bottom of the case? 

Got a quick question. I have this case and I love it, but I've installed my GPU into the bottom slot of my Mobo instead of the top slot (it's an MSI Krait z97s and I wanted to show off the snake since I don't have an SLI setup yet). Will it get noticeably better temps higher up or will it be fine near the bottom of the case?

probably won't make any difference. There's still a fair bit of intake air going towards it

OCUrHsa.png

<3

Can I get the same as that but the blue case insted and 1080p??

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

wow. I've changed it up so much, might have to update eventually.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Here is my fridge.

The build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bZM8TW

Thats beautiful man!!! Not often you see a captain I have to say!! 

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Anyone have an R9 290/X with this case? I'm worried about the temps since they get notoriously hot

Running a gigabyte 290x temps are hitting around 81c after about 2 hours of heavy load

H440.jpg

Anyone know if you can switch off the backlight (I/O light) and the front PSU shroud light separately?

in the original configuration, no. you'd have to separate the illumination PCB

to have happen.

in the original configuration, no. you'd have to separate the illumination PCB

to have happen.

Thanks for the reply, so how do I do this?

I assume the LED will be somewhere around 3 - 4v and output from my PSU will be 12v.

So what do I need to go from say a Molex to the 2 pin LED connector?

Thanks

Hello everyone! A couple weeks back I got a red and black H440 and think it looks quite slick. I moved my components over from an old El Cheapo case build and added a better air cooler for the CPU. With a 1 GHz overclock I am at 39C under load CPU and 65C GPU with stock cooler no OC (MSI GTX 970).

THe NZXT product page says the fan controller is a PWM controller. The fans are all 3 pin connectors but there is a 4 pin PWM lead that is going to my mobo. Even though I have the PWM cable going to my mobo I can't seem to change the case fan speeds at all to lower the noise. I have had to add the resistor low noise adapters to every case fan lead.

I searched for an hour about and found that the older version of this case can't control fan speed but I am hoping that the newer PWM fan hub can. Any help here would be great!

I am leaving for work in about 10 minutes but later tonight I hope to take some pics of my build and share them. For my first build in a proper case I am proud of how clean it came out. I like the case a lot and the quality is excellent for the price paid.

Thank you everyone!

Will

Hello. I'm in the process of completing my build. I was supposed to get the monitor today, but the big snow/ice storm on the East coast prevented it from being delivered today. The SSD I purchased for my old system, but transferred it over to the new build. I'm still looking for a mouse. I may get a NVMe PCI SSD sometime this year.

I received the i7-6700K, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, and the Enermax ETS-T40-TB, and some Amazon gift cards to use for other components from family as a Christmas presents. I used the gift cards for the RAM and PSU. This was my first almost complete build since more than 10 years ago.

I upgraded from an AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 2.7 Ghz Black Edition, 4 GB of DD2, and Sapphire Amd Radeon HD 6570.

I had a difficult time installing the SSD into the front 2.5" plate, so I had to put it in the back. I ordered a straight red NZXT SSD power cable since the PSU onlly comes with 90 degree SSD power cables. I chose the video card since I don't plan on going 4k or 1440.

I love the case!

I've a few issues with it so far. One of the front panel USB 3.0 ports doesn't work, the power light on top only briefly flashes on, and one of the 120mm front stock fans doesn't work. I'll need to troubleshoot all of these soon.

I was contemplating on getting the red and black version of this case for the build, but my sense of taste wanted to have the motherboard stand out rather than have a uniform build. I had a lot of fun putting this together and thankful that I got this opportunity again.

Here's the build list:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vd7KWZ

MQrplQel.jpg

0e9qRJAl.jpg

eiBNcl1l.jpg

xbYxG6ql.jpg

As promised here are a few pictures. This thing is almost completely silent with all 6 low noise adapters in! It's running extremely cool as well.

Please ignore the mess in the background!

Will

post-307683-0-69355500-1453525943_thumb.

post-307683-0-38225500-1453525955_thumb.

post-307683-0-30954400-1453525965_thumb.

post-307683-0-32422800-1453526009_thumb.