[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

I could, but just take my word for it; what reason could I possibly have to lie about basic physics.

my dad is a professer for physics :/ maybe he can help out :D

though he has some zalman case with noctuas everywhere

I could, but just take my word for it; what reason could I possibly have to lie about basic physics.

Sowwie owo But I will look up such results. But  I am a fan of doin the research ;w;

Moist

Hey guys, first time poster and have just purchased an H440, I've joined the club! :)

Have read a fair bit of this thread but haven't seen what I'm looking for yet.

Can anyone tell me if they know of anyone installing a Gigabyte Z97-D3H in the H440?

Thats the Mobo I'm looking at and have seen some reviews stating the screw hole layout is a bit funny. Anyone got experience with this Mobo/Case?

Thanks in advance,

R

welcome to the Linus tech Tips forums!

yes, that mobo, although considered a full ATX platform, has the far right mounting

holes missing. not a deal breaker but will fit within the H440 chassis. might look

different than others with a full ATX build. shouldn't be a big concern, unless OCD

factors into your usage.

welcome to the Linus tech Tips forums!

yes, that mobo, although considered a full ATX platform, has the far right mounting

holes missing. not a deal breaker but will fit within the H440 chassis. might look

different than others with a full ATX build. shouldn't be a big concern, unless OCD

factors into your usage.

Ok, thanks! This is my first build so apologies in advance for not knowing some terms. How would it look different exactly?

Not overly OCD but I think we all have a bit of that!

Finished my build a while ago, thanks to the great help from LTT community.

see signature for detail spec!

(oh.. and i know that the desk doesn't match...  :P  )

attachicon.gif相片 2015-5-17 下午9 54 15.jpg

attachicon.gif相片 2015-7-15 上午1 48 34.jpg

attachicon.gif相片 2015-7-15 上午1 50 18.jpg

Lovely build mate! Love the case obviously! ;)

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

You're both wrong. The more restrictive vents of the original H440 creates a much stronger wind tunnel effect, which not only negates the advantages of larger vents, but actually exceeds them by forcing air through the system much faster preventing warm stagnant air from building up thereby drastically improving temperatures. So while the original H440 would keep your CPU/GPU sitting at a nice and cozy 50.0c, the H440v2 will, unfortunately, drive temps up into the high 80's. 

Yeah I agree!!! I dont see why people complain about air flow with the H440! I have never had an issue! Almost everyone now a days had a AIO in this case anyway and components run pretty cool now anyway!!! Makes no sense, guess NZXT just wants to keep the H440 in production which I am more than ok with!!!! Gunna buy another new Blue and Black H440 for when my one starts to get even tireder looking!!!! Been considering getting my current case powder coated by moutin mods I think it is cause the only thing I dont like about that case is how easy the Matte finish scratches even on the 2015 edition its still the same!

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

• 3 weeks later...

People who have added LED strips or any additional lighting, can someone post pictures of the placement of their lights? I am not able to decide where to stick it. I am planning to use a white LED strip in a Matte Black/Red case. Want to put the strip in a place where one cannot see the individual LEDs and just see the glow.

People who have added LED strips or any additional lighting, can someone post pictures of the placement of their lights? I am not able to decide where to stick it. I am planning to use a white LED strip in a Matte Black/Red case. Want to put the strip in a place where one cannot see the individual LEDs and just see the glow.

I put mine leaning against the HDD trays (although I now moved it to be  leaning against the from of the case -- using the HDD trays to hold them in place since the top kept falling forward)

It still looks pretty similar to this picture where I had the LED strip running across the top and then running down the HDDs)C7qKVP0.jpg

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

hi everyone first time on the forums.

so ive been looking into buying an h440 for quite a while now and just noticed that on new egg that there is a newer h440 with the model # CA-H442W (old one being CA-H440W).

my question is what are the differences between the 2 if any

so ive been looking into buying an h440 for quite a while now and just noticed that on new egg that there is a newer h440 with the model # CA-H442W (old one being CA-H440W).

The newer version is a little bit taller and they added a PWM fan hub.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

The newer version is a little bit taller and they added a PWM fan hub.

They also added support for two drives on each drive tray, and increases the thickness of the panels (this is where the extra height comes from) and made the airflow less restricted. 

So nothing too drastic was changed.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I have mine along the top and it gives a perfect light into the case and even if you have a rad you get minimal shadowing but the GPU one is quite bad so top and bottom is best but it was just to much light in my dark room for me

i added the nzxt leds 1m. there flexavle and i hid them around the lip on the front of the case.

YBTfZgEl.jpg

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Pics were mostly to highlight the new at the time Crossfire setup, but here you go

3ERsXpg.jpg

IbaqrZC.jpg

Intel i7-5820K

MSI X99S SLI PLUS

Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400 MHz Black

Cooler Master Nepton 240M

OCZ Vector 150 240GB

Seagate 1TB

Seasonic SS-1000XP

Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury

Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury

Due to Sapphire's beefy cooling solution on Fury cards they are not even 2.5 slot, more like 2.7 PCI-E slot wide cards also MSI placed the first PCI-E slot one step lower for better RAM compatibility and that really shows with the bottom card just barely fitting in the 3rd PCI-E slot which actually occupies 6th and 7th slot for the H440. So I had to move my SSD to the hard drive cages (floor mounted slot is taken by Seagate) and the screw hole slot thingy still hit the fan blades of the bottom card due to sag. So I had to get handy and cut up some rubber pieces for supporting the card.

Made me really frustrated the time being as I was sad that I would have to return the second card if I wasn't able to fit it inside, but it all turned out well and made me a happy person in the end (:

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

What colour LEDs would you guys suggest for a Matte Black/Red H440 build? 

Here's what it looks like right now:

PS I have a Corsair H110i GT on the way. Please don't hate me for using the stock cooler. I couldn't wait 3 weeks and another week of misplaced shipment from Direct Canada.

post-122397-0-73131100-1448231154_thumb.

post-122397-0-76600300-1448231157_thumb.

post-122397-0-92834500-1448231160_thumb.

post-122397-0-03361400-1448231407_thumb.

Dear H440 owners, I am a h440 owner myself and I just had a big issue with my mobo dying. I am buying another one while I do an RMA just in case. Now my pc Is a hpc workstation, and a gaming/editing/basic work rig second. From my search most of the boards I want with the features for expandability are eatx boards. Namely the x99-e-ws from Asus and the rampage from Asus. My h440 is the red case. Now I know u can fit an eatx into the case but it's not officially supported. How do I go mount it safely. Can the board just fit flush in without shorting itself out or is using electrical tape/cutting the gromet the only way? Please let me know.

Specs: Case: NZXT H440 ] CPU: I7-5960x | CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 AIO | MOBO: ASUS Rampage V  | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  | RAM: Gskill Ripjaw 4 16GB 2133Mhz DDR4 kit | PSU: EVGA 1000G2 | SSD (Boot): Samsung 850pro 128GB | HDD (mass storage): WD 1TB Blue 7200RPM  | SDD (Working Drve): Samsung 850 evo 500GB | Keyboard: Logitech G510s | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Display: Asus VG248 24in. 144Hz 1ms 

because of the angle of the port pass-through, the edge can be subjected to

contact, vibrations, etc.. so to counteract the issue, insulation of the mobos

easily damageable PCB/traces is vital or you'll have to go through what you are

doing now, replacing the mobo. you could also, cut the offending sheetmetal, but

that is a permanent method and prolly not as aesthetically pleasing or resellable.

because of the angle of the port pass-through, the edge can be subjected to

contact, vibrations, etc.. so to counteract the issue, insulation of the mobos

easily damageable PCB/traces is vital or you'll have to go through what you are

doing now, replacing the mobo. you could also, cut the offending sheetmetal, but

that is a permanent method and prolly not as aesthetically pleasing or resellable.

So what is the best method for mounting then? removing the gromets and using them to raise the board? or use electrical tape?

Specs: Case: NZXT H440 ] CPU: I7-5960x | CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 AIO | MOBO: ASUS Rampage V  | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  | RAM: Gskill Ripjaw 4 16GB 2133Mhz DDR4 kit | PSU: EVGA 1000G2 | SSD (Boot): Samsung 850pro 128GB | HDD (mass storage): WD 1TB Blue 7200RPM  | SDD (Working Drve): Samsung 850 evo 500GB | Keyboard: Logitech G510s | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Display: Asus VG248 24in. 144Hz 1ms 

remove grommets and tape the back-side of the motherboard is the best.

allows the board to lay flat and guard against PCB damage.

remove grommets and tape the back-side of the motherboard is the best.

allows the board to lay flat and guard against PCB damage.

Will do, which tape did you use? Any specific? Also I can remove the tape later without damage right?

just a standard black electrical tape. nothing overly thick or obtrusive.

the black will disguise the intentions.

just a standard black electrical tape. nothing overly thick or obtrusive.

the black will disguise the intentions.

Is this good enough?

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/3m-electrical-tape-0528535p.html#.VlPmeXarSUk

I don't want to fry the board and I want to be able to remove the tape and use the board again later when i upgrade the case.