[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

9 hours ago, Chronoxyde said:

I don't know what means similar noise for you, but i made my fans run at 500 or 800 or 1000 or 1200 rpm and every time, same result.

I tried with and without. same result every time. But what i don't understand is that i plugged ma h105 fans in a splitter and this plitter in the cpu fan header but they are always running at 100% even with my BIOS settings set as quiet.

strange have you tried speedfan?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I'm back again! This time it's built in really like it!

I was wondering though does the case have it's own power on LED? I unplugged the HDD activity LED since it was to flashy for me and I thought that the LED would stay a solid white but it's just off. 

So I guess the case technically doesn't have a power on LED? Only HDD activity?

20 hours ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

I'm back again! This time it's built in really like it!

I was wondering though does the case have it's own power on LED? I unplugged the HDD activity LED since it was to flashy for me and I thought that the LED would stay a solid white but it's just off. 

So I guess the case technically doesn't have a power on LED? Only HDD activity?

It does have a power light, the ring around the power button doubles up as both, the top half a power button and the lower half is HDD light, you probably have the + and - the wrong way round try switching them and you should get it then, and just unplug the HDD light to get rid of the flash if u wish, I have done so! Glad u like the build i love my H440 ?

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

5 hours ago, Samsterstorm said:

It does have a power light, the ring around the power button doubles up as both, the top half a power button and the lower half is HDD light, you probably have the + and - the wrong way round try switching them and you should get it then, and just unplug the HDD light to get rid of the flash if u wish, I have done so! Glad u like the build i love my H440 ?

Oh ok, then I must have plugged the P leds wrongly since nothing is lit up now, I'll check that out.

Thanks!

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:55 PM, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

Oh ok, then I must have plugged the P leds wrongly since nothing is lit up now, I'll check that out.

Thanks!

No worries enjoy the case ?

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

• 1 month later...

I am intending to buy the NZXT H440 by the time I receive my next paycheck and as I was looking at it in the internet shop I am intending to buy it from, a question arose. I know that the case has a nice fan hub, which was one of the selling points for me in fact, as I was previously looking at cases with inbuilt fan controllers, but decided that a fan hub would be fine as well, especially in such a nice case. But on the page of the internet shop in the description, it says this about the fan hub: "Integrated PWM fan control hub allows for motherboard based fan control." Now this confused me quite a bit, because from what I had read before then is that the fan hub just connects with a molex cable and is on at 100% at all times. So is this just a mistake on the part of the shop(entirely possibly an intentional mistake) or has NZXT made a change to the fan hub that wasn't there previously, to make it connect to the motherboard for software based control? Or did I just misunderstand the way the hub works in the first place? I am guessing it is just a mistake, but I wanted to clarify, maybe with someone who has bought the case very recently in case it really is some kind of recent change.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 3X

Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX

RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) Kingston HyperX Fury Black RGB 3200MHz

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 650W

Case: NZXT H440

SSD: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot Drive); 1TB Samsung 970 EVO (Primary Game Drive). 1,5TB total SSD storage.

HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM; 4TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM. 7TB total HDD storage.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I have recently ordered nearly everything for a build I have been dreaming about for some time now, but am looking for some help. I will be using the H440 Matte White + Purple case with an EKWB custom cooling loop. I was hoping to find a purple liquid that would match the case's purple accents, but haven't had much luck. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice. This is not my first custom build, but it will be my first experience with a custom cooling loop. For anyone who wants to know, this will be my build:

Case: NZXT H440 Matte White & Purple

Mobo: MSI Intel Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium

CPU: Intel i7 7700k

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB x4 DDR4 3600

GPU1: MSI GTX 1080 8GB Sea Hawk EK X

GPU2: MSI GTX 1080 8GB Sea Hawk EK X

HD: Intel SSD 750 Series PCIe AIC 1.2TB

PSU: Corsair AX1200i

Light: NZXT Hue+ White & Purple

Cooling: EKWB custom loop with Nickel & Plexi blocks and clear soft tubing

Well I joined the H440 club.. Does anyone know where I can get a grommet for the PSU cover hole?   I have a Corsair AF140 for the rear but haven't decided if I'm going to install it.  Doesn't seem to be needed. 

Simple Quick Specs:

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz

G.SKILL Sniper DDR3 4GBx4 

Samsung Evo 850 500GB

Samsung Evo 750 500GB

Very old 1.5TB Hard drive ( I want to replace with a 2TB WD Black)

EVGA 1080 FTW

9eJkIbQ.jpg

Does anyone know if the bottom HDD sled can stay and filled with an HDD even if there's a 240mm AIO in the front?

Ryzen 5 3600 | EVGA CLC240 | EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra | ASRock B450 Pro4 | 16gb EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200 | 1tb WD SN550 | 2tb SanDisk Ultra 3DEVGA P2 650w | Fractal Design Meshify CViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD + ViewSonic VS2412-H | GHS.RAR (Boba U4s, Staebies, GMK Aurora Polaris + Artisans) | Steelseries Aerox Ghost | Artisan-Japan Ninja FX Hien (M/Soft) | Fostex HP-A3 | Fostex PM0.3G | Fostex T60RP | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | Beyerdynamic FOX

Here's a quick look at my NZXT H440 build

Case: NZXT H440

Motherboard: Asus x99 deluxe ii

CPU: Intel core i7-6800k 3.40GHz 6-core

RAM: 64GB DDR4-3000 Corsair Vengeance LED

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB founders edition

PSU: Corsair 760w 80+ platinum certified fully-modular ATX

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5 SSD

Seagate Surveillance HDD 6TB 3.5 5400RPM

Sound Card: Asus STRIX SOAR 24-bit

Expansion: NZXT Internal USB 2.0

cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 AIO  

Standard case fans

peripherals: Razer DeathStalker Chroma Keyboard

Razer DeathAdder Optical Mouse

Razer Firefly mousepad

Acer Predator Z35 monitor

My true evaluation on the case

Cons

Cable management is a pain in the behind.

The plastic window gets dusty fast

Pros

Looks amazing

Nicely priced  

Great airflow

Overall I'd give it a 7.5/10    

fully recommend this case if you are new to building or just want a nice clean case.

IMG_1221.JPG

IMG_1222.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1224.JPG

On 30/01/2017 at 4:55 PM, Exprima said:

Does anyone know if the bottom HDD sled can stay and filled with an HDD even if there's a 240mm AIO in the front?

On 30/01/2017 at 4:55 PM, Exprima said:

id say yes

vYdM0Au.jpg

as you can see the bottom sled with a hdd on top dosnt come up over the lower fan there is room at the top to have the tubing come out....also you can mount a drive on the bottom of the case and you can mount drives on the underside of the sled how many dives do you have?

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

8 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

id say yes

vYdM0Au.jpg

as you can see the bottom sled with a hdd on top dosnt come up over the lower fan there is room at the top to have the tubing come out....also you can mount a drive on the bottom of the case and you can mount drives on the underside of the sled how many dives do you have?

Just 1 drive possibly on that one sled. I'm thinking of just getting a 2.5 HDD tho to put on the PSU shroud since Idm 5400rpm for media storage.

Ryzen 5 3600 | EVGA CLC240 | EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra | ASRock B450 Pro4 | 16gb EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200 | 1tb WD SN550 | 2tb SanDisk Ultra 3DEVGA P2 650w | Fractal Design Meshify CViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD + ViewSonic VS2412-H | GHS.RAR (Boba U4s, Staebies, GMK Aurora Polaris + Artisans) | Steelseries Aerox Ghost | Artisan-Japan Ninja FX Hien (M/Soft) | Fostex HP-A3 | Fostex PM0.3G | Fostex T60RP | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | Beyerdynamic FOX

Does anyone here know if a 38mm rad + 25mm fan = total 63mm thick 280 setup will fit in the top, rear portion of the case?

2 minutes ago, airdeano said:

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

@zainbrain

nope. it just does fit with a 240, the 280 being wider will foul the RAM and VRM heatsinks.

So you're saying a 240 setup that's 63mm thick would fit?

@airdeano

Thank you so much! That is the last of the information I needed to finish ordering all the components for my new computer build and will hopefully be able to build it and post the pics in a couple weeks!

hi all,

new user here.

i've been looking around online to see if anyone has modded their H440 case to fit an eeb mobo.

I bought an asus z10pe-d16 ws which i'll try to fit in - fingers crossed!

in it, i'm running dual xeon e5, a gtx 1080 graphics, and (for now) 64gb RAM.

2x pci-e HDD and 1x ssd sata, and 1x m.2 for caching.

if it doesn't fit i'll have to look for another case, but i'm hoping this won't happen - i love the h440!

On 03/02/2017 at 4:02 PM, Exprima said:

Just 1 drive possibly on that one sled. I'm thinking of just getting a 2.5 HDD tho to put on the PSU shroud since Idm 5400rpm for media storage.

you can mount 2 drives on the sleds

you could do a 2.5 and a 3.5 but not 3.5 on the older sleds

Just waiting for Ryzen..

image.jpg

"Hyper Demon" Build: 

Case: NZXT H440 Hyper Beast.  CPU: AMD R9 3900x (cooled by a KrakeX62).  GPU: AMD XFX RX 6900XT Merc 319 Black.  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB ram @3600mhz.  Mobo: Asus Crosshair VI hero. PSU: Corsair RM850x.  Boot drive: Samsung 960 evo 500gb nvme ssd.  Game storage: Samsung 860 evo 1TB SATA SSD.  Bulk storage: WD Black 2TB.  

i would join if i had money

psu -> case, will get the h440 :) 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I hate my H440 :( 

IMG_0005.JPG

Yeah i know its messy cables this was shot when i had literally just "mostly" Finished the build. 

I think im gonna rebuild, 

For those wondering i have a 240mm Monsta Rad hence why i run out of space for everything. 

Does anyone know if its possible to mount the Monsta Rad at the top ? 

Chicken Nuggets

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Custom Loop | Motherboard -  MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM - Mushkin Redline (2x4GB) 2400Mhz   Graphics Card - GTX Titan X(Maxwell)  | Power Supply - Super Flower 80+ Gold 650w Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 256gb + 750 Seagate Hybrid + 1TB WD Green + Raid 0 4X500GB + Raid 1 500GB HDD Case - HAF-X | Colour Theme - Orange & Black | Monitor - ACER Predator x34 Overclock to 100hz

12 hours ago, Hayabusa1989 said:

Yeah i know its messy cables this was shot when i had literally just "mostly" Finished the build. 
For those wondering i have a 240mm Monsta Rad hence why i run out of space for everything. 

possible? clearance issues of the VRM H'Sinks/RAM and tubing from the CPU could get fouled pretty easy.

a simple 360x60 should be able to cool a CPU/GPU with voltage overclocking.

On 2/10/2017 at 5:32 AM, Hayabusa1989 said:

I really don't see top mounting the Monsta Rad being very helpful to you, but might i suggest a res+pump combo placed horizontally over the psu shroud while relocating the ssd's under the shroud or in the back?