LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

my mother just said that the concept of distributed computing is dumb

AAWEHFUAWEHAWEUFHAWOEF

*proceeds to list records and achievements f@h has made*

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

1 minute ago, Gegger said:

my mother just said that the concept of distributed computing is dumb

AAWEHFUAWEHAWEUFHAWOEF

*proceeds to list records and achievements f@h has made*

People don't understand it. That's ok. All that matters is the end goal. If you feel good doing this, then keep going.

Seems like they are starting to get their server issues figured out. I downloaded and delivered data simultaneously from both CPU and GPU. Was wondering what that lag spike was a few minutes ago.

33 minutes ago, LordKitsune said:

Seems like they are starting to get their server issues figured out. I downloaded and delivered data simultaneously from both CPU and GPU. Was wondering what that lag spike was a few minutes ago.

Just rebooted after 6 hours of nothing, got a WU for Coronavirus Project 14328 on the CPU, still waiting for a GPU WU, but Im churnin' and burnin' baby!

SO MANY people are participating in Folding@Home that their servers are struggling to keep up. Not enough work units available for the amount of volunteers :D

56 minutes ago, LordKitsune said:

No improvement here, been sat waiting for quite a while.  GPU says next attempt in 4 hours, CPU 1 hour.

At this rate I'm not sure many of us will meet the minimum time commitment for the competition, although granted I started folding before I even knew of that anyway, its just an added bonus.

660,337 (See stats)
187,576 go to Team LinusTechTips_Team's total

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Just now, MixEcoSystem said:

SO MANY people are participating in Folding@Home that their servers are struggling to keep up. Not enough work units available for the amount of volunteers :D

Its both frustrating to see resources wasted, but also very positive to see the support.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

It took a few minutes for my GPU to pick up a job.

CPU still hasn't been assigned anything as of yet.  I am still waiting on my passkey, don't want to miss getting credit. 

i got all 3 of my rigs running 2 1080 and a rx580

I take that Folding@Home is still having issue getting passkeys out? I still have not gotten one :(  

10 minutes ago, MixEcoSystem said:

Source:https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=32424

Quote:

by toTOW » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:28 pm

The servers have WUs to distribute, but you guys are so enthusiastic that they can keep up with the pace ...

Please be patient.

Yeah. Over the last few days, LTT went from having ~900 active members to over 4000! And that's just for our team. Imagine how many people have joined up now, folding as 'Anonymous' or for the default team, or rejoining their former teams!

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

4 minutes ago, rkv_2401 said:

Yeah. Over the last few days, LTT went from having ~900 active members to over 4000! And that's just for our team. Imagine how many people have joined up now, folding as 'Anonymous' or for the default team, or rejoining their former teams!

We've had a handful of people rejoining the fold team here on LTT just in the last 24hrs... not to mention all the people like me who just saw a techquickie or some other post and came here to join the fold for the first time.

6 hours ago, LordKitsune said:

I wonder what would happen if i tried to run both on my computer at the same time. Might get some magic smoke!

CPU at 200% 👾

I seem to be getting WU's without problems rn, which i assume means they've fixed things up a bit with sending them out

I have tried to send this data for a while now, should I restart the the app?

Can I possibly lose progress?

kuva.thumb.png.61a9af4ddb1cad2d2961ba4a46f848a6.pngAlso this is what it says in the logs:

kuva.thumb.png.17ebeef5abf4039dd7e6b6e24a8a19dd.png

38 minutes ago, NathansNonsense said:

I seem to be getting WU's without problems rn, which i assume means they've fixed things up a bit with sending them out

i was wrong

1 hour ago, Vilvet said:

I have tried to send this data for a while now, should I restart the the app?

Can I possibly lose progress?

kuva.thumb.png.61a9af4ddb1cad2d2961ba4a46f848a6.pngAlso this is what it says in the logs:

kuva.thumb.png.17ebeef5abf4039dd7e6b6e24a8a19dd.png

You can let it continue to try (That's what I did, with success after some unknown amount of time) or you can restart the program. You have to go into task manager to actually close it. You shouldn't lose any data as long as everything is complete. If not, whatever you have still folding will revert back to the most recent checkpoint your computer set. If you want, you can decrease the interval between checkpoints in advanced control.

I joined Folding@home on March 14 2020.  I asked for a Passkey during the installation process.  I received the Passkey email about four hours later.  I added the Passkey to my logon using the client tool.  All seems operationally fine.

However, I keep receiving the same Passkey email from a noreply address, specifying the same Passkey value, in my Inbox every few hours.  I’ve received that same email six times so far.  The interval is not regular, typically two hours apart but up to ten quiet hours has passed.  Everything is identical about all the emails other than their arrival time.

I hope I will stop receiving them eventually.  Is there something I can do on my end to make them stop coming?

Just started folding for team LTT today.  On my second GPU wu (project 11747), still nothing on the CPU side.  I'm digging that I'm still in their system and it picked up my points totals from years ago.

F@H.jpg

I think they must be prioritizing faster hardware. I've got 2 machines on right now, one with a faster CPU and a weaker GPU, and one with a slower CPU (slower than the first by 2x) but a better GPU than the 1st by 2x as well... My fast GPU and fast CPU got a WU straight away, but the other 2 are waiting. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2