Linus Use Opera it's like Chrome but better

f22luke

I noticed Linus was ranting on how he didn't like Chrome or Firefox on the latest WAN show especially how the recently closed tabs feature doesn't seem to work but he didn't mention Opera.  Considering that the latest version of Opera uses the Chrome engine just replacing the GUI with Opera's superior GUI, I think he would enjoy it.

http://www.opera.com

If you vote other post it with #IUseOtherBrowser

1 Timothy 1:15

Yes, yes, chrome

Chrome is so simple and fast. It's hard to use anything else.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

i prefer firefox. Chrome for me has been really buggy and it takes up to many resources.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I will try it

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Oh btw multiple choice on the currently used browser question.  I use Opera for my main and then Chrome on occasion.

"IE lol".. really?

I was thinking of IE ewwwwww or IE yuck but just went for the simplest option  :P

"IE lol".. really?

Of course, IE6 all the way! 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

i prefer firefox. Chrome for me has been really buggy and it takes up to many resources.

It only uses a bunch of ram. So for me it's no problem. Runs like a dream

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

I'm using chrome now but I might start using opera, it's a bit faster and it doesn't have stupid things like an incomplete history and that you can't search easily, I mean Google you are Google, makers of Google Searchis it really that hard to make something that someone can actually use to search their history?

i'm a potato

yes, yes, Chrome

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I noticed Linus was ranting on how he didn't like Chrome or Firefox on the latest WAN show especially how the recently closed tabs feature doesn't seem to work but he didn't mention Opera.  Considering that the latest version of Opera uses the Chrome engine just replacing the GUI with Opera's superior GUI, I think he would enjoy it.

http://www.opera.com

Opera has been out for a while it was the first browser I used, why make a topic about it?

also yes, yes, chrome

i used firefox forever until i couldn't get it to stop crashing when anything flash would load then switched to chrome. I used opera years ago and on my phone from time to time but have not really used it on a desktop in a few years

My daily driver is FireFox, because I love it..

I use IE just for the lul factor sometimes with the Inori skin

I use Chrome & Opera for testing purposes when I do some web development occasionally.

Edit: I forgot that I used to use Opera for a long time on my old Android phone.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Opera has been out for a while it was the first browser I used, why make a topic about it?

So @LinusTech checks it out. (He probablly already knows it exists but...)

My daily driver is FireFox, because I love it..

I use IE just for the lul factor sometimes with the Inori skin

I use Chrome & Opera for testing purposes when I do some web development occasionally.

Edit: I forgot that I used to use Opera for a long time on my old Android phone.

I also use opera on android, makes wonders for old phones, I remeber that it used to take ages for chrome to load on my phone but opera loads very fast. One of the quickest browsers I have used on Android, there are flaws, for example, some sites don't load properly but very good overall.

i'm a potato

Still using opera 12.16. The new stuff they pushed out removed a load of useful features which is annoying as websites are starting to drop support for 16 calling it outdated like it's IE6 or something :P (deviantart even locks out features) It does crash a few times (the new ones are better in this case as they changed the architecture) but they are still missing features which were good in the old version.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Chrome sucks for me, I've tested against Opera and IE, and websites that are slow or glitchy for me work, work better on those browsers.

IE 11 can be quite useful, but Opera 12.6 and Opera Next are my main browsers. 

So @LinusTech checks it out. (He probablly already knows it exists but...)

I also use opera on android, makes wonders for old phones, I remeber that it used to take ages for chrome to load on my phone but opera loads very fast. One of the quickest browsers I have used on Android, there are flaws, for example, some sites don't load properly but very good overall.

I found that on my new phone, my Nexus 5, that it makes pages look like garbage, and that the UI stuff doesn't scale with the screen properly. That may just be because I only used the classic browser, since the newest one just made me mad. I use FireFox on my Nexus 5 now though.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

I found that on my new phone, my Nexus 5, that it makes pages look like garbage, and that the UI stuff doesn't scale with the screen properly. That may just be because I only used the classic browser, since the newest one just made me mad. I use FireFox on my Nexus 5 now though.

Are you using Opera Classic or Opera Mobile?

i'm a potato

Are you using Opera Classic or Opera Mobile?

I wrote classic on it :P I don't like the Mobile because it ruins what I liked about Opera.

I use Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari in this order. Usually because of different accounts I don't want to sign in and out. Or favorites lists... though those could be imported into any.

At one point I had Opera too, maybe I still have it on the Win 7 OS. I don't feel like installing it tho'.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

Chrome eats my RAM.

6XqcO.jpg

How many tabs do you have open? That is wierd.

i'm a potato

I've gone from IE to Firefox to Opera to Chrome over the years. I still sometimes use Firefox (when using other people's computer's mostly) but I find Chrome to be better overall (a bit more minimalistic and slightly faster).