Rice University discovers cheap & scalable Graphene production method

42 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Toshiba has deployed a few molten salt reactors already. It's cool tech. Uranium, just because there's so dang much of it, will always be king in the Fission Reactor game, but the problem there is political issues stemming from the 1960s. Those are pretty much the reason for most of even the modern problems with reactors. There's been reactor designs that can't melt down for a couple of decades already. 

Yeah honestly it's kinda baffling to me when people are so against nuclear reactors yet more radioactive material is let out into the atmosphere from coal power plants. Also you get so much power with little environmental impact so it is a better alternative than alot of different power sources used today. I mean you get more radioactive exposure from a 3 hour flight than you would living near a nuclear reactor based on how heavily shielded that stuff is. 

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah honestly it's kinda baffling to me when people are so against nuclear reactors yet more radioactive material is let out into the atmosphere from coal power plants. Also you get so much power with little environmental impact so it is a better alternative than alot of different power sources used today. I mean you get more radioactive exposure from a 3 hour flight than you would living near a nuclear reactor based on how heavily shielded that stuff is. 

Without going over into the factional political angle, Nuclear Power has always been opposed by any Nihilistic groups. Because Nukes = Atomic Bombs, the propaganda angles are extremely easy. So what happened, really, was the first and second generation reactors game online, and then development was basically forced to stop. Nuclear Power just causes problems for a lot of groups because it radically changes the economics of areas. It requires a lot of capital expenses, which also makes it easy to cause problems for.

So you had an alignment of factions starting in the 1960s, from political to economic to Soviet Intelligence, that really didn't want Nuclear Power to go anywhere. So it really didn't. The USA still doesn't allow for reprocessing of nuclear rods. Still. I believe that was a law passed during the Carter Administration in the 1970s.

1 hour ago, Soppro said:

Can't wait for graphene-based batteries to be implemented in our phones :D

Maybe they are, maybe they arent. Depends on price point right.

3 hours ago, greenmax said:

Maybe they are, maybe they arent. Depends on price point right.

Only if ...

The Price is Right.jpg

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

MacBook Pro 13" (2018) | ThinkPad x230 | iPad Air 2     

~(˘▾˘~)   (~˘▾˘)~

On 2/23/2020 at 9:29 PM, huilun02 said:

This method

And this is exactly why. Thanks

Right, because we've never adopted cheaper production methods. Henry Ford never existed. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

This is pretty awesome and I'm excited to see what can be done with it.

Inb4 bought from dude and patented by some huge corporation but keeps selling for 200k/tonne and no one can ever use this method.