Nvidia Said We Couldn't Game On This Crypto Mining Card...

LeDetructor
Go to solution Solved by DoctorNick,
6 minutes ago, LeDetructor said:

Can i know in this video,he says your cpu needs an igpu but he said but if u remember something something freesync,So can i know whether i can use this on an athlon 760k no igpu?

No.. You need iGPU for this to work.

Can i know in this video,he says your cpu needs an igpu but he said but if u remember something something freesync,So can i know whether i can use this on an athlon 760k no igpu?

wat? 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

in the video he said that i needed an igpu but his using a 9900k,which i dont think have an igpu?So do i need an igpu or not?

He made the Freesync remark, because they did a video where they passed video signals from an Nvidia card to AMD (or maybe the other way around.?) And because there was an AMD card involved, he was able to use Freesync*.

But that would of course require two videocards.

If your CPU and motherboard do not have an iGPU, you can't use the method used in the Freesync on Nvida or Gaming in a minute card videos.

* This video came out before Nvidia implemented support for Freesyn On their cards

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

6 minutes ago, LeDetructor said:

No.. You need iGPU for this to work.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, LeDetructor said:

in the video he said that i needed an igpu but his using a 9900k,which i dont think have an igpu?So do i need an igpu or not?

9900k does have an iGPU.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Thanks for everything guys,I've been trying to find out the answer and i got the final answer in mere seconds.

Since the card has no output you obviously need another way to put out a video signal, and that can either be an iGPU or another graphics card.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

does it work with an athlon 200ge

and may i know whats the compatible motherboard for it?

2 minutes ago, LeDetructor said:

does it work with an athlon 200ge

and may i know whats the compatible motherboard for it?

You need an iGPU to use those minig cards, which the 200GE has. (Or you can use a separate gpu, but that defeats the point of a budget Ming card)

For that CPU you need to get an AM4 motherboard, I would recommend a budget B450 board.

Keep in mind you need new RAM too, as it will use DDR4, instead of DDR3.

3 minutes ago, LeDetructor said:

It's not a mining card. It's not a 1050ti. It's a scam:

image.jpeg.a602b27d31669e119a64a298a0086e30.jpeg

(We get about 100 posts asking this each week. ;) )

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, TechyBen said:

It's not a mining card. It's not a 1050ti. It's a scam:

image.jpeg.a602b27d31669e119a64a298a0086e30.jpeg

(We get about 100 posts asking this each week. ;) )

image.jpeg

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/zotac-p106-3gb-gtx-1060-3gb-i505416977-s954124267.html?spm=a2o4k.searchlist.list.2.3f041617nQiq8z&search=1 This?Sorry for different online shopping platform

so many different questions about that site,

broken english and the headline says 3gb vram and the info below says 4.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, flashiling said:

so many different questions about that site,

broken english and the headline says 3gb vram and the info below says 4.

The site itself is fine, pretty sure its like the top e-commerce platform in my country. 

However some listings are sketchy af, I definitely wouldn't order from whatever link OP posted. Pretty sure he can spend a bit more and get an RX580 8GB from China on Aliexpress or Taobao, way better than whatever sketchy "GTX1060" that is

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

Just now, BigRom said:

The site itself is fine, pretty sure its like the top e-commerce platform in my country. 

However some listings are sketchy af, I definitely wouldn't order from whatever link OP posted. Pretty sure he can spend a bit more and get an RX580 8GB from China on Aliexpress or Taobao, way better than whatever sketchy "GTX1060" that is

could just be me but most of thoose sound pretty sketch i only buy stuff from retailers that have physical stores or the ones that make the stuff i need.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, flashiling said:

could just be me but most of thoose sound pretty sketch i only buy stuff from retailers that have physical stores or the ones that make the stuff i need.

There are reliable sellers who many people have ordered from and had no problems. Heck some even offer better discounts online than walk-in lol

Usually red flags would be a profile with little feedback, very few listings and as little information as they can possibly give. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

No display port

Not for gaming

90% new

Same performance like GTX1060 3GB with cheaper price

Samsung chipet

3GB DDR5 RAM

?

2 hours ago, LeDetructor said:

That's a fake card. GTX 1050Ti's didn't have VGA ports. Very common scam been going around for past few years.

The Zotax P106 was an actual mining card so that listing looks a little bit more legitimate, but with the hassles you have to go through to get it work as a gaming card, assuming you even can get it to work, really isn't worth it.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

At the time 7:21 anthony said that there was a file named mining,where does that file come from?

Why do you want to do this. You can punch yourself in the face instead of brushing your teeth. However, one is a good idea, one is an insane idea. Don't do this. Don't. XD

Hi I was wandering if this setup would work:

• You buy an Asus PRIME B450M-A/CSM with a  AMD RyZEN 5 3600 (no GPU in the processor)
  • Put a P106 mining card with it's bios flash (with nvFlash) to a bios of a 1060 card
  • Plug a monitor to the port on the motherboard

Would it boot and if so would it use the GPU?

No. With no GPU in the processor the ports on the mobo are not connected to anything.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

• 2 weeks later...

just a yes or no will do, but has anyone actually tested nvflash to flash the p106-100 to a 1060 since they have added support for the p106 to nvflash a while back?

just wondering since we are otherwise stuck with old drivers on the unflashed, but ever since the registry hack at least it works as the default power card in the system.