Fake GPU or not ?

Biomecanoid
6 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Well yes, because you live on a small island with limited local retail option they have you by the balls as we'd say. It's not like you can just drive an hour to a different state or country and get one cheaper, you're literally on an island and they price gouge appropriately.

I think pricing is like that all over Europe

I forgot to say that one of the reasons that i was looking for an Nvidia card is power consumption. AMD cards are power hungry and run hotter. I would like to avoid changing power supplies.

32 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

What about this:  Vega for 130 euros

image.thumb.png.b8f9231e074a839731fe5c44cbc51db1.png

I would suggest the vega 56 over all the over cards shown to be honest. For the price its a great card, outperforms the 1660ti by around 5-10% on 1440p max settings. So if you could get that i would suggest going for it. You’d probably be looking at much over double that price for a new one so yeah. Anyone else agree? 

1 minute ago, Daniel britton said:

I would suggest the vega 56 over all the over cards shown to be honest. For the price its a great card, outperforms the 1660ti by around 5-10% on 1440p max settings. So if you could get that i would suggest going for it. You’d probably be looking at much over double that price for a new one so yeah. Anyone else agree? 

So you think the price is correct ?

19 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

I forgot to say that one of the reasons that i was looking for an Nvidia card is power consumption. AMD cards are power hungry and run hotter. I would like to avoid changing power supplies.

You could grab a few fans for the cooling aspect as long as you have a good case for air flow etc. But yeah AMD are power hungry cards but id say you shouldn’t have that much problems running with the 700+ w power supply you mentioned as long as you dont overclock the GPU too. Theres a few small things you can do for that really but yeah i would definitely suggest the Vega 56

Just now, Biomecanoid said:

So you think the price is correct ?

Well honestly, if i had the money id even be considering getting that because im looking for a 1660 super and that vega 56 outperforms that and at that price id say thats a good price 

29 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

The RX 470/570 will consume a miniscule amount more than the 1060

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Bear in mind you're looking at auctions that haven't finished yet, that $130 Vega 56 says it's not met the reserve price yet which means it won't sell until that price is met and you don't know what that price is. It also has 3 days left to go on the auction so the price will go up.

If you're trying to score deals on eBay I MUST suggest you use a bid sniper like Gixen. I've been using it for years and it works fairly well, that's how I score my ebay deals. I figure out what I want and set my price to snipe across multiple auctions within a group so that if ANY item is won the others are cancelled automatically. Then I just wait to get what I want at the price I want. Of course you have to be realistic with your pricing and set your upper limit accordingly if you really want the item. Sometimes you get it way cheaper than you expect and sometimes you pay a fair price, but more often than not you do a little better than the average low price and better than the buy it now prices.

4 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Bear in mind you're looking at auctions that haven't finished yet, that $130 Vega 56 says it's not met the reserve price yet which means it won't sell until that price is met and you don't know what that price is. It also has 3 days left to go on the auction so the price will go up.

If you're trying to score deals on eBay I MUST suggest you use a bid sniper like Gixen. I've been using it for years and it works fairly well, that's how I score my ebay deals. I figure out what I want and set my price to snipe across multiple auctions within a group so that if ANY item is won the others are cancelled automatically. Then I just wait to get what I want at the price I want. Of course you have to be realistic with your pricing and set your upper limit accordingly if you really want the item. Sometimes you get it way cheaper than you expect and sometimes you pay a fair price, but more often than not you do a little better than the average low price and better than the buy it now prices.

Yes you are right forgot to click on "Buy it now" button

4 hours ago, Biomecanoid said:

Well if you take amazon for a reference its 200$+ there :

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-03G-P4-6160-KR/dp/B01KUADE3O

Please quote people you reply to. It really gets on my nerves when people don't do that, and you were lucky the people helping thought to check manually for your reply as opposed to waiting for a notification, which in this case wouldn't have come due to your lack of quoting or tagging

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

6 minutes ago, ImAyaanKhan said:

Please quote people you reply to. It really gets on my nerves when people don't do that, and you were lucky the people helping thought to check manually for your reply as opposed to waiting for a notification, which in this case wouldn't have come due to your lack of quoting or tagging

Well if you are watching/following the thread your are notified without the need for tagging or quoting. If people prefer being tagged or quoted i can do that if it will bring more answers to the thread.

2 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Well if you are watching/following the thread your are notified without the need for tagging or quoting. If people prefer being tagged or quoted i can do that if it will bring more answers to the thread.

Not everyone follows every damn thread they see. You'll notice this when you make a post that doesn't blow up in 13 minutes.

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

This is just a really bad deal... You could get a 1060 6GB from a better manufacturer for this money probably. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

5 hours ago, Biomecanoid said:

Please show me what is an accurate price for a 1060 3GB

1060  6GB

https://m.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/msi-geforce-gtx-1060-armor-6g-oc-gddr5-top-zustand/1286933283-168-9430

More is kind of a joke honestly.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

13 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

The RX 470/570 will consume a miniscule amount more than the 1060

What do you think for the above ?

13 hours ago, Bitter said:

18 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

For the Vega 56 specifically, that's a lot more demanding. Vega has high transient power spikes that cheaper PSUs can't handle, what model PSU are you using?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad