Fake GPU or not ?

Biomecanoid

3GB is worthless in any modern game, even on lowest detail the games push close to 3gb of ram. And textures are usually a free fidelity upgrade, i would always take a GPU with 8gb of ram even for 1080p, even if it isnt powerful enough to run ultra. You can chose high/ultra textures, and chose less details. Textures barely affect performance with modern GPUs. 

1 hour ago, RainingTacco said:

3GB is worthless in any modern game, even on lowest detail the games push close to 3gb of ram. And textures are usually a free fidelity upgrade, i would always take a GPU with 8gb of ram even for 1080p, even if it isnt powerful enough to run ultra. You can chose high/ultra textures, and chose less details. Textures barely affect performance with modern GPUs. 

Well lets hope it isn't that way. I have seen several benchmarks online with the 1060 3gb vs 6gb and the scores where almost identical with a slight lead on the 6gb but that is because the 6b version has a bit more Cuda cores.

I will do several benchmarks when all the parts arrive. Plus hopefully i will also upload game footage on YouTube.

In any case its a step up from the 770 2GB i have now.

Lets have faith that the 2 HP Workstations won't let me down :)

59 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Well lets hope it isn't that way. I have seen several benchmarks online with the 1060 3gb vs 6gb and the scores where almost identical with a slight lead on the 6gb but that is because the 6b version has a bit more Cuda cores.

I will do several benchmarks when all the parts arrive. Plus hopefully i will also upload game footage on YouTube.

In any case its a step up from the 770 2GB i have now.

Lets have faith that the 2 HP Workstations won't let me down :)

Never listen to people saying that you "have enough RAM/VRAM", more is always better if the price is comparable. 

4 minutes ago, RainingTacco said:

Never listen to people saying that you "have nough RAM/VRAM", more is always better if the price is comparable. 

Well i will keep you all posted on the results as soon as the parts start coming for the build.