Fake GPU or not ?

Biomecanoid

Stated wattage alone isn't enough to tell you if it's going to be OK or not. I have a 750W PSU sitting near me here that says 750W but peaks out at 500-550W and will literally explode above that and at loads over 450W has horribly bad ripple which is a killer for parts like motherboards and GPU's. If it's a good 800W and a good 700W then fine, but if it's shitty low quality PSU with bad ripple then it might not be OK with higher draws on it.

Since locally a 1060 3GB is 270 euros getting one on Ebay for 100 euros doesn't make it a good deal ?

No, the 3GB 1060 isn't really a 1060. It's been cut down terribly and has much lower performance than other cards which are near or slightly more expensive. However, if that's what you have your mind made up to get then it's your money you should spend it however makes you happy.

You can't really compare retail prices to ebay prices as retail prices are set by computer algorithms. I could go on Amazon in the US and buy a 1060 3GB for $150-$270 new but those are not realisitic prices that reflect the real value of the product. A realistic price is much lower. For $160 brand new with warranty you can get a GTX 1650 which would perform as well as and maybe even out perform a 1060 3GB and have a warranty.

4 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Stated wattage alone isn't enough to tell you if it's going to be OK or not. I have a 750W PSU sitting near me here that says 750W but peaks out at 500-550W and will literally explode above that and at loads over 450W has horribly bad ripple which is a killer for parts like motherboards and GPU's. If it's a good 800W and a good 700W then fine, but if it's shitty low quality PSU with bad ripple then it might not be OK with higher draws on it.

Well if my none of my PSUs on the 2 workstations can not handle the load i will go buy another one but to find out if they can cope with the load i must 1st get the GPU.

Now the xw8400 has the 770 installed which uses one 6pin and one 8 pin for power. The newer 1060 should use less power

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

No, the 3GB 1060 isn't really a 1060. It's been cut down terribly and has much lower performance than other cards which are near or slightly more expensive. However, if that's what you have your mind made up to get then it's your money you should spend it however makes you happy.

Well the only decent GPU i found on eBay ( shipping in Europe ) for around 100$ was the one i showed you. A 1060 6gb was about 150$

2 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

If anyone can find a better deal, i am all for it :)

Without knowing which of the 44 countries in Europe you're in for this we cannot do that.

6 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Without knowing which of the 44 countries in Europe you're in for this we cannot do that.

Cyprus

Shipping is mostly the same around Europe not much difference

11 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Cyprus

Shipping is mostly the same around Europe not much difference

Ooof no Amazon Prime for you!

You'll probably have a hard time scoring a deal at home since home is fairly small. Maybe wait till you take a vacation and shop locally at the destination? Are there websites like Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist that let you buy/trade used goods locally? You could setup something on the island perhaps to make a deal or maybe when you travel make a deal. I'm not sure how customs would work bringing computer hardware back to your country, some care more than others about paying customs duty.

I guess you trade living on a beautiful island for paying high computer hardware prices.

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

Because the RX 590 is relatively new

If you sort RX 470 models with price low to high and buy it now, what costs do you see?

Here:

image.thumb.png.71c5a2762b3746c4585cd80c93d8ab9c.png

The 4GB 470 is a down clocked version compared to the 8GB, you might be able to OC it to 8GB speeds however. The 580 8GB, at least in the US, can be had for $120 or under and at that price is a good deal. If you can find one at that price it would be a better buy than a $100 3GB 1060. The Red Devil from PowerColor is a very good card, good cooling and all around better components and PCB layout than some other cards. With a slight undervolt it hits and holds boost clocks and runs pretty quiet.

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

Ooof no Amazon Prime for you!

You'll probably have a hard time scoring a deal at home since home is fairly small. Maybe wait till you take a vacation and shop locally at the destination? Are there websites like Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist that let you buy/trade used goods locally? You could setup something on the island perhaps to make a deal or maybe when you travel make a deal. I'm not sure how customs would work bringing computer hardware back to your country, some care more than others about paying customs duty.

I guess you trade living on a beautiful island for paying high computer hardware prices.

Customs does care when you order stuff outside Europe and they tax you whatever they seem appropriate its up to the clerk there and nothing you can do about it.

2 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Here:

That XFX model is what I'd go for. Similar performance to the 1060 3GB and that price tag is just right

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

That XFX model is what I'd go for. Similar performance to the 1060 3GB and that price tag is just right

Well here is the XFX one US $72.56 + US $16.74 :

image.thumb.png.cd6b2105dee77a71167a3680c79a83f4.png

11 minutes ago, Bitter said:

The 4GB 470 is a down clocked version compared to the 8GB, you might be able to OC it to 8GB speeds however. The 580 8GB, at least in the US, can be had for $120 or under and at that price is a good deal. If you can find one at that price it would be a better buy than a $100 3GB 1060. The Red Devil from PowerColor is a very good card, good cooling and all around better components and PCB layout than some other cards. With a slight undervolt it hits and holds boost clocks and runs pretty quiet.

AMD RX 580 listings:

image.thumb.png.633ed3dc67f0f7b1c8ae5ceb8211d734.png

9 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Well here is the XFX one US $72.56 + US $16.74 :

looks good compared to the 1060

don't forget to check 570 pricing too, would look almost exactly the same across the board

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

looks good compared to the 1060

don't forget to check 570 pricing too, would look almost exactly the same across the board

570s:

image.thumb.png.c162107120758be0e1162e947532d988.png

Just now, Biomecanoid said:

But even if they are new the prices are over the top here locally.

Well yes, because you live on a small island with limited local retail option they have you by the balls as we'd say. It's not like you can just drive an hour to a different state or country and get one cheaper, you're literally on an island and they price gouge appropriately.

Just now, Biomecanoid said:

I guess this is the best so far :

image.thumb.png.2e5d7d7f2392f107b4ffe0e678ec5940.png

Yes, if you can get that for a good price it is a good deal, but that shipping cost must be factored into the final price.

8 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

570s:

ah those options are even better. A pulse or nitro model is a really solid pick, looks like you can grab something nice.

Primary PC: