How Do I Tell My Parent Why I Need To Upgrade

Zyb3rWolfi

So Right, I Already Got Mine Amd Ryzen 5 2600x However I Know that my step dad will start questioning me why i need new parts and that it better to buy a new pc. He's Very Dumb about tech as he thinks runnin intel core 2 duo with 4gb ram is a good idea in 2019 and it hard to argue with him because he thinks he is right. so right how do i explain to him why i am wasting money for an upgrade?

Lel

I mean, do you need the upgrade? Who's paying for it? Is it for schoolwork, or gaming?

Have you even tried talking to him besides a "can I get this upgrade"? You seem to know why you need an upgrade. Maybe explain that to him.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

4 minutes ago, AntDeGamer said:

So Right, I Already Got Mine Amd Ryzen 5 2600x However I Know that my step dad will start questioning me why i need new parts and that it better to buy a new pc. He's Very Dumb about tech as he thinks runnin intel core 2 duo with 4gb ram is a good idea in 2019 and it hard to argue with him because he thinks he is right. so right how do i explain to him why i am wasting money for an upgrade?

He may be trying to get you to game less and knows very well that a core 2 duo can’t game though it is still capable of doing things like playing video and internet browsing.  Gaming plays poorly with parents.  If you were doing something that was useful that did require more hardware it might work better.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

This whole thing is quite short on details.  There is a CPU bought but no actual description of other parts or what the current rig is.  It sounds like half an argument.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

16 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

He may be trying to get you to game less and knows very well that a core 2 duo can’t game though it is still capable of doing things like playing video and internet browsing.  Gaming plays poorly with parents.  If you were doing something that was useful that did require more hardware it might work better.

It only ma stepdad which doubts about what i do and ma mum and everyone else just goes along of what i say. I just cant handle using a very slow pc and this upgrade is part of my chtistmas present i waited whole year. When i first got ma pc he laughed at me sayin ma pc is slow and aweful but now he says it fine even though he never used my pc and experience the slowness. You also might be right with that i game a lot but the truth is that he doesnt care about what i do.

16 hours ago, tesco value smurf said:

are you paying for the parts with your money?

It my christmas money i got

16 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I mean, do you need the upgrade? Who's paying for it? Is it for schoolwork, or gaming?

Have you even tried talking to him besides a "can I get this upgrade"? You seem to know why you need an upgrade. Maybe explain that to him.

The upgrade is to improve the speed cuz rn it terrible and 2 get better performance on games. I already tried to explain to him about why i need thjs upgrade but sometimes he just doesnt listen or doubts. For example tommorow hes gonna see what arrived and then question me why i got it.

Lel

1 minute ago, AntDeGamer said:

It my christmas money i got

So there is no more money and you are trying to get parents to ante up the rest using your Christmas money as hostage.

wouldnt work on me.  I’d let you keep the part you couldn’t use and consider it a lesson.

is it still returnable?

2 minutes ago, AntDeGamer said:

The upgrade is to improve the speed cuz rn it terrible and 2 get better performance on games. I already tried to explain to him about why i need thjs upgrade but sometimes he just doesnt listen or doubts. For example tommorow hes gonna see what arrived and then question me why i got it.

Parents don’t like games.  Parents consider them a waste of precious childhood.  Parents were once children too.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

So there is no more money and you are trying to get parents to ante up the rest using your Christmas money as hostage.

wouldnt work on me.  I’d let you keep the part you couldn’t use and consider it a lesson.

is it still returnable?

The 3 parts im getting are all bought by my christmas money which i get every year. Im not begging for money or anything else and no one is arguing about it. The Problem is that my step dad (not my mum or anyone else) doesnt like what im gettin for christmas and he doesnt understand a lot about tech and then he be questioning me "so how are you gonna connect every piece?" 

Lel

I heard about only one part.  Now there are 3.  I never had a step dad myself.  Only a stepmom.

which parts did you get and are they enough to upgrade your PC?

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Parents don’t like games.  Parents consider them a waste of precious childhood.  Parents were once children too.

My stepdad sometimes tell me to go outside cuz i wasnt outside for a.long time but when i do go, i do parkour which is my hobby and then he says it too dangrouse

Lel

2 minutes ago, AntDeGamer said:

The 3 parts im getting are all bought by my christmas money which i get every year. Im not begging for money or anything else and no one is arguing about it. The Problem is that my step dad (not my mum or anyone else) doesnt like what im gettin for christmas and he doesnt understand a lot about tech and then he be questioning me "so how are you gonna connect every piece?" 

Ah.  Wouldn’t hurt to just tell him. He’ll feel involved.  My information is that being a stepdad sucks a lot.

4 minutes ago, AntDeGamer said:

Sounds to me like either your stepdad is being kind of an ass and not letting you spend your Christmas money on what you want or you haven't even tried to explain what you got to him.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I heard about only one part.  Now there are 3.  I never had a step dad myself.  Only a stepmom.

which parts did you get and are they enough to upgrade your PC?

Im gettin new cpu which i already have that why i said 1 but im ordering 8gb ram and motherboard. It because my priority is to speed up my pc and i only play csgo so 30fps is ok for me.so no gpu.

Also me having a stepdad is like emm hating each other sometimes

Lel

3 minutes ago, AntDeGamer said:

My stepdad sometimes tell me to go outside cuz i wasnt outside for a.long time but when i do go, i do parkour which is my hobby and then he says it too dangrouse

He might not be wrong.  At least not all the time.  Some parkour is dangerous.  Broken limbs heal pretty quickly but broken spines are forever.

Ah.  Wouldn’t hurt to just tell him. He’ll feel involved.  My information is that being a stepdad sucks a lot.

Relationship between us is that we hate each other a lot but sometimes it good.

Lel

Im gettin new cpu which i already have that why i said 1 but im ordering 8gb ram and motherboard. It because my priority is to speed up my pc and i only play csgo so 30fps is ok for me.so no gpu.

Also me having a stepdad is like emm hating each other sometimes

2700 has no integrated gpu.  You will need to get a gpu or get a different cpu which is an apu.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

2700 has no integrated gpu.  You will need to get a gpu or get a different cpu which is an apu.

Dont worry i already have an gpu

Lel

Relationship between us is that we hate each other a lot but sometimes it good.

I understand that’s normal.  My stepmother got so mad at me she would throw dishwear and cry when it broke.  I feel kind of bad about it now.  It was a long time ago and I’m a grownup.  I wasn’t then.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

He might not be wrong.  At least not all the time.  Some parkour is dangerous.  Broken limbs heal pretty quickly but broken spines are forever.

I understand it dangrouse but you gotta have some fun in your life and dont worry i dont do extreme parkour.which will break ma back

Lel

I understand it dangrouse but you gotta have some fun in your life and dont worry i dont do extreme parkour.which will break ma back

So show him you understand about safety.  It sounds like he listens when you explain things. Read up on parkour safety.  Have stuff to show him.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I understand that’s normal.  My stepmother got so mad at me she would throw dishwear and cry when it broke.  I feel kind of bad about it now.  It was a long time ago and I’m a grownup.  I wasn’t then.

He sometimes gets mad at me because i do somethin and i full on get mad at him when he upsets ma mum or just annoys the crap out of me

Lel

So show him you understand about safety.  It sounds like he listens when you explain things. Read up on parkour safety.  Have stuff to show him.

Oki doki

Lel

How old are you? (not being an ass, Trying to understand the dynamic you and your step dad have.) It sounds more like he is just simply trying to annoy you. If hes not actually blocking you from getting your PC parts I would just tell him that its your money to spend how you want, you can use the upgraded PC for school work etc. The world is run by computers and your current one just isnt cutting it any more. 

Also, did you get an SSD? because that will be give you a very nice speed bump.

Perhaps he's just trying to take an interest in what interests you, if that's the case he sounds like he may be a good guy. There's no blood there and I get that but it works both ways and it's true what they say, communication is key. We can probably help you out with tech related issues but life related hurdles are a little more difficult on a forum. Just try talking to him.    

1 minute ago, DavidKalinowski said:

How old are you? (not being an ass, Trying to understand the dynamic you and your step dad have.) It sounds more like he is just simply trying to annoy you. If hes not actually blocking you from getting your PC parts I would just tell him that its your money to spend how you want, you can use the upgraded PC for school work etc. The world is run by computers and your current one just isnt cutting it any more. 

Also, did you get an SSD? because that will be give you a very nice speed bump.

Im like 13 and 14 in 5 months, also getting an ssd next year.

Just a lille fact my stepdad mostly just likes to annoy the hck out of me. 

The reasons i need this upgrade is;

Better speed

Video recording

I code so need a fast machine to do that

Game

And do school projects next year.

Lel